Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The gap between L1 and the Championship.

2»

Comments

• addick05 said:
    cafc-west said:
    It does appear that the gap is widening and that teams promoted will struggle without investment. Wigan and Rotherham are both struggling and Blackburn are not faring much better.

If we were to go up is there any chance we would be competitive?
    Is there any real incentive to invest other than the hope of making it to the Premier League?  Does income from TV and other sources go up in the Championship?  Obviously it costs more to buy players and wages go up accordingly - but what increase in income would there be and where does it come from?
    I think the only way to make money is to get to the Premiership - if you spend big in the Championship you have the potential to haemorrhage cash.

Some pretty ludicrous transfer fees being spent by some of the clubs - helps to have wealthy owners who want to invest.

Wolves lost 1m a week last season in their bid to get promotion. Luckily it worked and they now look set to stay in the premier league for a while.
    The problem is half of the championship thinks they can do the same, but not many do.

Next season will tell for Wolves. If they can survive and the owners spend a bit of cash they could do well. Nice ground, good support the potential is there.
    I think they've already agreed to spend 30-35m to sign Jimenez permanently from Benfica, and i'm sure they'll spend a lot more on other signings.