Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hackett-Fairchild joins Bromley on loan

Comments

• Options
    He seems to have found his level
    Yeah, like Grant did at Crawley.

Some people never learn
    Its non league and he has 1 goal and a few assists in 4 games for them.

Cant be compared to Grant in anyway.

Grant is 4 months older and is a prem goalscorer, how can you compare the 2
  • Options

Some people never learn

Grant is 4 months older and is a prem goalscorer, how can you compare the 

I didn't compare them at all

I compared the way certain fans are so quick to write off young players.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Some people never learn

Grant is 4 months older and is a prem goalscorer, how can you compare the 

I didn't compare them at all

I compared the way certain fans are so quick to write off young players.
    Havent wrote him off, based on what I saw from him this season he isnt league 1 standard, all I said was he seems to have found his level in the National League.

Can he improve and be a better standard who knows, but if he has found his current level then good for him and it will mean he gets game time and has the chance to improve
  • Options
    I think the point is that there were people saying that Grant found his level and as you've just said he is now a prem goalscorer.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think the point is that there were people saying that Grant found his level and as you've just said he is now a prem goalscorer.
    Surely thats the point, he found his level got regular game time and improved.

I never said RHF cant improve all I said is he has found his level, as in he wasnt good enough for us as league 1 isnt his level atm, so its good ge has found hus current level and his getting game time
  • Options
    Exactly.

Reeco scores the winner and is man of the match v the league leaders and he gets "found his level".
  • Options
    Found his level. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good on him for finding his level.
  • Options
    Exactly.

Reeco scores the winner and is man of the match v the league leaders and he gets "found his level".
    Didn't Zak do well in his first few matches at Plymouth? 
  • Options
    Found his current level. The only way is up now. Good lad. 
  • Options
    I was at Bromley last night and while he took his goal well I'm surprised he was MOTM.
  • Options
    In all seriousness, is he worse than Igor and Parker ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Yes, i've probably seen him play about 30 games & he's only played well in about 2 of them,at Fleetwood he was awful.
  • Options
    If I may Paulie?

I believe what he's saying is that Reeco's natural level isnt instantly the Conference... Instead he's saying he needed to join a club that would help him score goals and create assists and so build his confidence

That level appears to be with Bromley meaning he'll hopefully come back to Charlton more confident like Karlan did in the summer, if not then he can maybe go to a League Two side as he's not played at that level before (?) - Of course had Bromley not worked then you'd have to argue that he'd have been forced to drop into the National League South next season to find that level
  • Options
    Karlan played in the Championship at 17, so not fair to compare RHF progress to Grant.
    This loan deal should tell a lot about his ability to mix it in Men's football at the 5th tier level and confidence will increase if assists and goals happen.

Loans can make or break players.
    Norwich and Crawley gave Parker and Grant a platform but there have been more when we found out that our youngsters didn't have the X factor.

Reeco is coming along nicely and he could benefit from Cafc still being in League 1 next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've not seen enough about him to suggest that he's any better than at best a lower L1 striker, i.e. at a similar level to Pigott and Hanlan. 

Hanlan was at Bromley last season, how do they compare?

• Options
    clive said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Yes, i've probably seen him play about 30 games & he's only played well in about 2 of them,at Fleetwood he was awful.
    I bow to your experience of him there . He’s always looked handy when I’ve seen him, bar the sub appearance against Southend ( I think) . 
  • Options
    That Reeco fella, I reckon he's found his level!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    That Reeco fella, I reckon he's found his level!
    fair point
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I've not seen enough about him to suggest that he's any better than at best a lower L1 striker, i.e. at a similar level to Pigott and Hanlan. 

Hanlon loved to play up against the defender or on the shoulder and 'do' them for pace and strength. He was an absolute handful, for style (not quality) comparison think Jamie Vardy. He always looked off balance and out of control but I always thought he might be a good option for us this season. Especially due to the work rate Bowyer requires from our strikers.

RHF is tactically better, likes to drop deep and make things happen, he can also make really clever runs in to the box and his positioning is pretty good. Because his game isn't quite rough and ready like Hanlon, he tends to drift in and out the game. In the same context as Hanlon / Vardy, Harry Kane's performance against Czech Republic where he dropped deep, pulled the CB out of position and played a killer pass to Sancho for the first goal, is his kind of game. I'd hazard a guess that if 'Key Passes' stats were available they'd be quite high. He definitely has a good footballing brain.

Our current set-up does RHF no favours. He prefers to play centrally. If I'm being brutally honest, I'm not sure he'll make it here, but the whole point of the loan system is to get experience and improve. Hopefully, three assists and a goal in his last few games will give him the confidence to really make an impression over the next few weeks.

• Options

Hanlon loved to play up against the defender or on the shoulder and 'do' them for pace and strength. He was an absolute handful, for style (not quality) comparison think Jamie Vardy. He always looked off balance and out of control but I always thought he might be a good option for us this season. Especially due to the work rate Bowyer requires from our strikers.

RHF is tactically better, likes to drop deep and make things happen, he can also make really clever runs in to the box and his positioning is pretty good. Because his game isn't quite rough and ready like Hanlon, he tends to drift in and out the game. In the same context as Hanlon / Vardy, Harry Kane's performance against Czech Republic where he dropped deep, pulled the CB out of position and played a killer pass to Sancho for the first goal, is his kind of game. I'd hazard a guess that if 'Key Passes' stats were available they'd be quite high. He definitely has a good footballing brain.

Our current set-up does RHF no favours. He prefers to play centrally. If I'm being brutally honest, I'm not sure he'll make it here, but the whole point of the loan system is to get experience and improve. Hopefully, three assists and a goal in his last few games will give him the confidence to really make an impression over the next few weeks.

I always liked Hanlan. He's a bit "lower division" in his touch perhaps, but a striker with an all action physical style is a useful option, especially with a lot of our other players being technical but a bit lightweight
  • Options

Well Hanlan is now at Gillingham - and scoring now and then. Didn't think too much of him when he was with us. Saw him a couple of times for Bromley and he is a big, physical lad, unlike RHF who, when I've seen him, looks a little lightweight - but is also comfortable on the ball. Who know, a few week at Bromley may 'toughen' him up a bit? We may well need him next season.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Well Hanlan is now at Gillingham - and scoring now and then. Didn't think too much of him when he was with us. Saw him a couple of times for Bromley and he is a big, physical lad, unlike RHF who, when I've seen him, looks a little lightweight - but is also comfortable on the ball. Who know, a few week at Bromley may 'toughen' him up a bit? We may well need him next season.
    Hanlan has been lucky enough to work with Steve Lovell, who knows plenty about being a striker, and is now reaping the benefit of that.

• Options
    Well at least if nothing else it could be some more pocket money for Roland in January.