Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo

Comments

• Options
    I am very interested in the outcome of this, not because he is a Charlton player, but because I think how he has developed since getting into the first team is immense. The best players know how good they are and I hope Aribo appreciates this too. If he did, he would sign an extension with us with a clause and stay with us with a view to impressing a Premiership club. They are already looking at him and that is going to continue, but if he believes in himself he can leave with an enhanced reputation that means they buy him for the first team and not a cheap punt. This was Scott Parker's big mistake - I think if he waited 6 months he would have gone to Arsenal or Man Utd.

I think Aribo has the qualities that are needed to see his career really take off. Going to Scotland may be a good choice financially, but it is not the right football choice.
  • Options
    Got a great video on phone I took of Aribo after the play off final dancing around with medal on outside Wembley .
    you can’t just bang it down from phone on to here can you ? 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Joe Aribo heading to Rangers. Medical in the next 48 hours. More on @MailSport #cafc

Adrian Kajumba

• Options
    se9addick said:
    IF he stays, that is absolutely huge for our season.

He’d be one of the best players in the division next year IMO.
    No he won’t. He has lots of potential and I hope one day he will be a great player, but I really don’t think he is currently one of the best players in the Championship. Frankly if he was he would be going somewhere better than Rangers already.
    We will see (probably not) but I really rate him. He was already playing at a Championship level last year in my opinion. One more year of growth is only going to improve his game further.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Back in the real world, would the best compromise for Cafc fans be if Joe was signed by a top half premier team but was allowed to have a full season in the Championship at Charlton. That way Joe can be earning say 20k a week made up with 15k from parent club and 5k from Cafc.

If I was a CEO at Cafc(shame they don't have one) that would be my best option available considering our lack of funds.
    Hypothetically, that would be better than losing him completely, but those sorts of deals seem to be spoken about a lot but don’t seem to happen that much in reality. 

I’m not sure there’s a real life compromise that will happen. I don’t want him to go at all, but I still think he will. 
    Really, I thought Chelsea had been doing this for the last ten years when they buy players, I appreciate not always at the club there being bought from but now as we a championship club, surely that would be best for the Premier club to loan him back where he is settled and if fit will be picked every week ?
    That’s what I meant, that the sign and loan back doesn’t seem to happen as much as it’s speculated on. Probably happens more in the January window I’d imagine. I guess a Premier League club that signs him might think that he’s learned all he can at Charlton and a new experience might provide him a better learning opportunity.  

Either way the club that he goes to won’t be “buying” him so we have little leverage to negotiate and if he were to go we would be relying on our ability to sweet talk his new club into a loan deal, I wouldn’t fancy our chances. 
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Joe Aribo heading to Rangers. Medical in the next 48 hours. More on @MailSport #cafc

Adrian Kajumba

Account checks out, looks like that’s it. 
  • Options
    All the best Joe
  • Options
    Bowyer mentioning two PL clubs smells of trying to get Rangers to up their compensation offer as much as possible.
  • Options
    Bowyer mentioning two PL clubs smells of trying to get Rangers to up their compensation offer as much as possible.
    They don't have to pay compensation do they? Only English clubs come under the English FA rules. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He should check the rules then - firstly isn’t compensation ultimately decided by tribunal if not agreed between the clubs? Second I think it only applies to young players moving within England.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    There was talk that we’d get around £300k if he moves to Rangers. Does Scotland have different rules compared to Europe as it’s a move within the UK?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Got a great video on phone I took of Aribo after the play off final dancing around with medal on outside Wembley .
    you can’t just bang it down from phone on to here can you ? 
    If you turn it into a gif you can upload it as a picture. Otherwise it needs to be on YouTube I think. 
  • Options
    What a waste of footballing talent.
  • Options
    I am very interested in the outcome of this, not because he is a Charlton player, but because I think how he has developed since getting into the first team is immense. The best players know how good they are and I hope Aribo appreciates this too. If he did, he would sign an extension with us with a clause and stay with us with a view to impressing a Premiership club. They are already looking at him and that is going to continue, but if he believes in himself he can leave with an enhanced reputation that means they buy him for the first team and not a cheap punt. This was Scott Parker's big mistake - I think if he waited 6 months he would have gone to Arsenal or Man Utd.

I think Aribo has the qualities that are needed to see his career really take off. Going to Scotland may be a good choice financially, but it is not the right football choice.
    Parker’s biggest “ mistake” was getting injured. He still earned millions and millions and captained England; hardly a wasted career.

I’m sure if a Premiership club was truly interested Aribo would give serious thought to going there. As it is, the thought of earning a million a year whilst playing in front of 50,000 fans every other week may make Aribo think he is moving in an upwards direction.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Parker’s biggest “ mistake” was getting injured. He still earned millions and millions and captained England; hardly a wasted career.

I’m sure if a Premiership club was truly interested Aribo would give serious thought to going there. As it is, the thought of earning a million a year whilst playing in front of 50,000 fans every other week may make Aribo think he is moving in an upwards direction.
    He might as well go to China 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Has more than enough raw talent to be a Premiership footballer.

Could go both ways this one, but I’d like to think Gerrard mentoring him can only be good for his career. Still think he’d be better off at a top half championship club though.
  • Options
    Going to Rangers according to Cawley. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He should check the rules then - firstly isn’t compensation ultimately decided by tribunal if not agreed between the clubs? Second I think it only applies to young players moving within England.
    It applies to moves within Europe at least, but the rules are stricter within the U.K. than the general UEFA rules.

Lots of things are taken into consideration and this might be Bowyers way of pushing up the compo price. If you say he’s got PL teams after him, it makes him more valuable and that might work in our favour at a tribunal.

Might just scare Rangers into agreeing to give us a couple of hundred thousand more.

Not that any of it matters when it’s lining Roland’s pocket anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm starting to think he didn't have as many offers as made out. If you had German top flight clubs and French after you surely you wouldn't go to Rangers? I don't buy into this whole Gerrard thing. Just because someone was a great player it doesn't make them a great coach. If anything it can have a negative effect as the player may get frustrated that his players simply can't do what he could/ have the natural ability. 

I do think it's a step up deffo, he will be in the shop window next season, bigger wages, big club let's be honest. I just find it very odd that you look at all these clubs that he could probably break into in the prem, Blades, Norwich, Brighton, Burnley etc and it would be a drop in the ocean for them to get him yet none of them have shown interest? Really odd 
  • Options
    Think it’s pretty clear that this ‘international’ interest wasn’t as strong as made out, if he had any decent prem offers or even a decent bundesliga club there’s no way he goes up there. 
  • Options
    Rangers though. 
  • Options
    Joe should do well at Glasgow Rangers as most weeks he will come up against League 1 standard defenders. 

Good Luck lad and you leave without a Staines on your character.
  • Options
    I hope he fails as an example to all youngsters so English clubs don’t lose out on compensation in future.
  • Options
    Is Fosu still in the building ?
  • Options
    Atleast it’s rangers 
  • Options
    I'm starting to think he didn't have as many offers as made out. If you had German top flight clubs and French after you surely you wouldn't go to Rangers? I don't buy into this whole Gerrard thing. Just because someone was a great player it doesn't make them a great coach. If anything it can have a negative effect as the player may get frustrated that his players simply can't do what he could/ have the natural ability. 

I do think it's a step up deffo, he will be in the shop window next season, bigger wages, big club let's be honest. I just find it very odd that you look at all these clubs that he could probably break into in the prem, Blades, Norwich, Brighton, Burnley etc and it would be a drop in the ocean for them to get him yet none of them have shown interest? Really odd 
    I think players are heavily swayed by managerial "names" and the "show us your medals" approach. If Rangers were still managed by Mark Warburton I doubt he would have gone there.
  • Options
    Odd that no Premier League club have made Joe Aribo a concrete proposal. It’s not as if the lad hasn’t been fully exposed to the market.

Assuming he goes to Rangers (Rich Cawley is usually well informed) and Joe does the business, he’ll be on the move to the Premier League within a year or two for big money.

Duchatelet’s ridiculous parsimony has cost us (and him) big time. Talk about a false economy.

Stop fannying about Roland and just sell the bloody club.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Mametz said:

He might as well go to China 
    This is my point. The overall standard in Scotland is below the Championship.