Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Aribo

Really impressed by Joe yesterday - was a joy to watch and his balance/movement were outstanding. There are still parts of his game he needs to work on but surely he's destined to play at a higher level.

The mismanagement of his contract negotiations is yet another example of RD's appalling ownership. I hope we keep him but it seems unlikely we'll make a real effort.

Comments

• Imagine scouts from top two leagues will have been very excited by Aribo’s (and a few others) performance yesterday. 
  • I agree, he was superb yesterday. Wow, those silky skills and crucial tackles were a joy to watch. Perhaps, he faded in the last 10 minutes because of his effort all game, but amazing stuff!
  • edited March 2019
    Bowyer saying it was a good job he was injured during January, as he probably would have been sold.😡
  • The big issue with Joe is his agent is a bit of a shark and is more than likely to try and move him on even if make it to the championship. 

• All played ex but he was above the lot tackles skill energy best in a Charlton shirt for a long time.
  • Sadly, i dont think we'll be seeing Joe in a Charlton shirt beyond this season. There will be no end of suitors in higher leagues who will offer much bigger wages that we cant/wont match. 
  • Joe's going to be jumping two divisions next season. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal take a punt on him as a development project.

• Sponsored links:

• I don't recall him losing the ball once in the Pompey game.
  • I don't recall him losing the ball once in the Pompey game.
    Have you not heard
    He is better than Semedo and he never gives the ball away
  • What he hates Millwall more?
  • I’d like to see him play for us next season but he has bags of potential. There’s no doubt a big club will have an interest and have the spondoolies to match to satisfy RDs greed and continue rape of our club. Shame. 
  • edited March 2019
    There's no way he'll be with us next season. 
  • Another premier star of the future we've had the pleasure to see.
  • he's getting better and better .. but I doubt he'd get a starting spot in many/any Champ or Prem team .. he needs to stay with us and be a big fish in a big pond rather than a big fish in a vast ocean .. excuse the nautical analogies .. I suspect that he'll be sold for a song in the summer
  • He is great but think Cullen really helps him. Shame Cullen isn't us.
  • There's no way he'll be with us next season. 
    Sadly absolutely spot on.

I still have visions of Roland sitting there last night rubbing his hands at the thought of another big transfer for Aribo before someone breaks the news to him that Aribo is free to go at the end of the season for nothing.

Also, Sky didn't help yesterday by listing all our out of contract players at the end of the game. I know everyone in the football world will be only too aware of the situation but there must be one or two clubs rubbing their hands at the prospect of picking up some quality players for nothing.
  • edited March 2019
    There's no way he'll be with us next season. 
    Sadly absolutely spot on.

I still have visions of Roland sitting there last night rubbing his hands at the thought of another big transfer for Aribo before someone breaks the news to him that Aribo is free to go at the end of the season for nothing.

Also, Sky didn't help yesterday by listing all our out of contract players at the end of the game. I know everyone in the football world will be only too aware of the situation but there must be one or two clubs rubbing their hands at the prospect of picking up some quality players for nothing.
    Poor old Olly, yet another rant at the comms team to come from the Rat for letting this happen  ;).
  • Sponsored links:

• Aribo leaving Charlton is inevitable. He is much better then league one.

The fact that the club will not receive any financial benefit from his departure.

Is just absolutely f*cking pathetic!

He will leave. We get nothing.

Good luck to him.
  • The thing is, though, @Dave2l, even if he were under contract the club as such would not benefit in any shape or form from his sale - as would assuredly happen.  The money would simply go straight to Staprix to reduce Roland's deficit.

So under the present circumstances, in a perverse sort of way it almost seems better if he does not re-sign.  

If Roland by some miracle does leave before the end of Joe's contract, I reserve the right to change my mind!
  • Joe's development has been somewhat strange...

When he first broke into the team last season, famously he had 4 assists in his first 2 games.

Now, he is more of an attacking midfielder, using his ball control to get into the box, and scoring goals.

Not saying that's worse, just very different. Is it a decision made by the (very different) coaching staff that we have now, or is it a decision that he's made himself?

No doubt about it, he is a talent. It's a been a pretty meteoric rise from that day he played for Charlton in a pre-season friendly against Dulwich...
  • Lee Bowyer said on the Sky after match interview that if Aribo wasn’t injured during the last transfer window we would have probably lost him. So it’s pretty obvious what’s to come.
    if I were Aribo or someone advising him, I tell him to sit out his current contract and move on a free. He should be able to work out a nice little pay day. 
    Another talent we will have seen for a handful of games.
  • I think he’s going end of season regardless.  So I hope he don’t sign a contract so the rat doesn’t get any money.  
  • edited March 2019
    I think he’s going end of season regardless.  So I hope he don’t sign a contract so the rat doesn’t get any money.  
    RD will get money as Aribo’s young enough for us to get compensation despite being out of contract.
  • Scoham said:
    I think he’s going end of season regardless.  So I hope he don’t sign a contract so the rat doesn’t get any money.  
    RD will get money as Aribo’s young enough for us to get compensation despite being out of contract.
    Will only be a fraction of the fee that a player like Aribo would usually command though. Would love us to go up and keep him but would imagine his agent has other ideas. Not sure he’s ready for a big club but could see a club like Southampton take a punt on him. 
  • If we got promoted, staying with us would be a good bet for his development. The advantage of being with us is that when you are ready for the big time, we can't stop you, contract or not. Having said that, it might be easier without Duchatelet and the promise of some ambition. 
  • If we got promoted, staying with us would be a good bet for his development. The advantage of being with us is that when you are ready for the big time, we can't stop you, contract or not. Having said that, it might be easier without Duchatelet and the promise of some ambition. 
    Even if we go up it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes to another Championship club. A well run club with ambition who can give him first team football will be better for his development than anything we can offer.

Of course if Roland goes that could change.