Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Also, how much would it cost the EFL to professionalise referees? They should all be that good 
    £1m a season- a contribuion of £40k per club
    It seems like a no-brainer tbh
  • Options
    Nice one.
  • Options
    Brilliant win, not fazed who we get in play offs, more than capable of beating anyone, other than the last 15 minutes I thought home crowd was very poor considering the importance of the game, I was in covered end & couldn’t hear much at all from us 
    Couldn't you hear me from back home in Maidstone?

#disappointed
  • Options
    Cullen deserves half of that MOM award with Aribo. Incredible midfield duo performance. 

Hopefully that goal will revive some of Taylor’s confidence and he can push on with a few more to guarantee play offs. I think a few more games with Igor will bond that partnership together ready for the play off games if we make it (looking good after today’s results). 
  • Options
    Any idea as to the real vs the paid attendance?

According to the BBC, Attendance: 14,451 (3,097 away fans)
    No idea how many of these were paid/freebees
    No idea how many actually in the ground
  • Options
    Sublime night at the Valley. Just like the good old days. Players scrapping for every challenge, good passing and movement and a noisy atmosphere. Just bloody marvellous all round.

We don't shoot enough, agree that LB nearly messed it up by changing the shape for last 10 minutes and not sure about Igor- but let's just enjoy a great win.
  • Options
    took me back that performance,

100% effort, Taylor in the last 5 minutes was out on his feet yet found that last drop of juice, a midfield pulling the strings and a solid defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only able to get to the stream late on, so I only saw live the final 15 mins, but even then there was a solidity and commitment that made me confident we'd see it out. Terrific work by Lyle in the final minutes. Aribo looked class every time he touched the ball. When Vetokele went off, the commentator praised his "very impressive contribution", although gotta admit the only one I saw was him giving the ball away before Pompey had their best chance to level.  Just makes me sick to see after the game Sky showing a table with all our players out of contract at season end. 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Any idea as to the real vs the paid attendance?

According to the BBC, Attendance: 14,451 (3,097 away fans)
    No idea how many of these were paid/freebees
    No idea how many actually in the ground
    Thank you N01R4M. =)
  • Options
    Pompey started better than us and we let them back in the game at the end as we started backing off. I felt we struggled to retain possession at the end and we should have closed the game out more comfortably.

We played very well in places but I don't think we were as good as a lot of people on here are making out. 

Portsmouth are a decent side - they may lack our flair but they're well organised and good on set pieces.

Aribo and Cullen both had good games and Bielik was outstanding in the first half. Reeves looked good when he came on.

Credit to Taylor for his defensive work at the end - a real fighter.

• Options
    Doncaster without Marquis next match too. Excellent day for the Addicks!
  • Options
    It does appear from reading this thread that this season that we rise to the occasion in my absence!

I'll take not seeing those  matches for the 3 points won each time though.

• Options
    Fantastic fantastic performance today played them off the park.

sadly let down by the club, in a box and surrounded by Pompey supporters, high on drugs and alcohol nothing done until it started to get nasty.

Simply cannot believe how our useless sales team allow two boxes either side of us to be sold to Pompey scum and then so called security leave then there until it got nasty.

12 year old frightened and nobody at the club gives a toss.

we employ arseholes at our club, somebody's head needs to roll.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    It does appear from reading this thread that this season that we rise to the occasion in my absence!

I'll take not seeing those  matches for the 3 points won each time though.

It’s taken a lot of effort and personal sacrifice on Roland’s part but somehow he’s managed to get rid of those fans that were a jinx in the big games
  • Options
    We won, so why am I still feeling slightly frustrated? I think we showed a team like Portsmouth, who are a more than decent League One outfit, are not fit, ability wise, to lace our boots. We were so much better than them it was embarrassing, but we only won 2-1 and they could have equalised at the end!

We have to find a way to let our superiority show in the scores as well as on the pitch. It has to be possible with the quality we have.
    The fact that we beat Pompey, who are more than a decent league one outfit and who could have equalised says how good we really are 
  • Options
    Barnsley have to play Sunderland and Doncaster in their next two.

A mini meltdown too much to ask for?
    Well if they lose to Sunderland it does us no favours as Sunderland are already 6 points ahead of us and have a game in hand. And i'd prefer Doncaster to lose. We're not going to catch the top 2.

Thankfully for us, Doncaster are blowing up at a crucial time. 2 points from 4 games now and their next 3 are Blackpool away, Barnsley home, Luton away.
  • Options
    Only 4 defeats since the start of December