Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Portsmouth 2019 post-match views

Comments

• Great win, brilliant football at times and a well deserved win. 
  • We played well today apart from lack of concentration for their goal. Cullen, Bielik and Aribo were huge in midfield. Sarr and Bauer were solid as usual. Best game for Lyle Taylor since he came back from his suspension. I don't think Vetokele is the answer. Not a patch on the player who came to us back in the day. His positional play seems to have escaped him. Reeves made a difference when he came on.

A really good result which we thoroughly deserved. Automatics here we come.  :)   COYR!!
  • Any injuries today ?
  • Great game, great result .... perfect 
  • Brilliant performance from the start to the very end. Everyone played their part and stood up to a very physical team.

MOTM was Cullen.

Lee Bowyer will not allow us to bottle big matches. 

Lee Lee Lee Bowyer 
  • Didn’t see Reeves’s handball for the second goal. Great control lad!!!!
  • edited March 2019
    Well played lads.

Good to do the double against a team who've been above us in the table all season.

• Sponsored links:

• Purrington may have been outjumped for their goal but I think he made a great last-minute block?
  • Leuth said:
    Purrington may have been outjumped for their goal but I think he made a great last-minute block?
    No. That was Bauer I think 
  • Leuth said:
    Purrington may have been outjumped for their goal but I think he made a great last-minute block?
    No. That was Bauer I think 
    There were two good blocks at the end. First was Bauer, then Purr straight after.
  • edited March 2019
    Impressive first-half for a change! Followed by our usual strong second-half performance. Just need to find our scoring boots now to finish off the season with a strong chance of winning promotion through the Playoffs.  
  • A classy performance from charlton, Igor aside who I thought could have put more of a shift in. Come on Igor, you know you are miles better than that. 10 points behind 2nd placed Barnsley and 10 games to catch them. Definitely doable. Come on you Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd guess that has to be up there as one of our best performances of the season. If we played like that every week, we'd be challenging Luton for the title.

Superb win and a nice gap to 7th place now. 

4th place has to be the target now for us, so we get the play off 2nd leg at home.
    3rd or 4th place would be nice.
  • Fantastic performance from us, the best for some time.
    Their football was poor and horrible, hate to watch that every week!
    many good performances and good to see Igor do well ( the block aside ! ).
  • My only concern if we do get them in the playoffs is they will have learnt more in the 2 games losing than we did. Pitman starting would have caused us more problems imo. That said, we did look a class apart today and I’m confident enough they won’t bridge that gap if we play anywhere near the same level over two ties.
  • What an atmosphere throughout the game and outside the ground afterwards, reminds me of the good old days
  • We played them off the park. No one had a bad game for us. Taylor one game away from avoiding another ban. And if we meet them in the play offs I’m confident we’ll beat them. EEEEIIIIIIEEEEEIIIIEEEEIIIIIOOOOO
  • Fair play to the Sky presenter post-game, kept the focus on lack of sale and amount of players out of contract 
    Yes that was nice and unexpected.
     I got the feeling they think our owner is an idiot for doing nothing with the contracts
  • Fair play to the Sky presenter post-game, kept the focus on lack of sale and amount of players out of contract 
    Yes that was nice and unexpected.
     I got the feeling they think our owner is an idiot for doing nothing with the contracts
    And so say all of us...