Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Parker for Vetokele should male that ball stick a little more. That’s all we’ve been missing.
  • Options
    All to play for in second half.
  • Options
    What was that? Jesus Phillips!
  • Options
    Vetokele anonymous again,apart from his goal line clearance
  • Options
    Great game. Great atmosphere.  We're the better team. Dont create many chances. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You’re blaming Phillips for that goal???

100% defenders fault. 
  • Options
    Think Igor done alright to be honest 👍🏻
  • Options
    We were quality that half. Keep that up and we'll win
  • Options
    Absolutely dominating. Can’t help that block from Vetekole will be decisive
  • Options
    What a great feeling when we finally score. What a kick in the goolies when they get an immediate equaliser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent 45. We look so much classier than them with Sarr, Bielik, WIlliams and Aribo playing the ball around brilliantly. Unfortunately we've let them go in level, but we've not made enough clear-cut chances regardless. Taylor's looked ok with the ball deeper but clueless when he has to look up. Igor needs to run in behind in order to make an impact. Pompey definitely look like conceding from a set piece so we could do with putting one of those away. If Pompey come out second half playing the same then we should have enough to finish them, but I doubt they will. We'll need to be ready for them to hit us second half
  • Options
    What does Vetokele offer? Only thing of note he's done is stop us from scoring 
  • Options
    Apparently we only had 41% possession???
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You’re blaming Phillips for that goal???

100% defenders fault. 
    No I'm blaming Phillips for spanking the ball out of play just before the whistle when he had 3 or 4 options to aim at upfield
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Outplayed them great skills and goal from Aribo, Beilik different class, Purrington a bit better going forward assist for our goal, then switches off at a corner. jumps like Gladstone Small and they get an undeserved equaliser :angry:. Just have to go and do it all again 2nd half COYRS.

Edit; Correction Cullen with the assist not Purrington
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Just wanna say Curtis, do one you smarmy tosspot. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    First time I have seen us play all season. Very impressive barring us somehow being level. Playing some lovely stuff without creating loads. Bielik looks a premier league player. So comfortable on the ball 
  • Options
    We just can't hold a lead. All that hard work undone, just like that. That, plus Vetokele getting in the way of Cullen's 'goal' earlier on. I would change Vetokele for Parker. The rest looks ok but we do need to learn how to hold a lead. Pretty pathetic that actually.

• Options
    HT 1-1

We've played well, Pompey haven't really been in it. 

Deserved lead for us, totally undeserved equaliser for them.

Bielik and Cullen stand-outs for me, Sarr and BFG solid in defence. Aribo and Williams have done plenty of good work too, Joe took his goal well.

Taylor and Igor seem off-key up front, Djiksteel and Purrington steady but not great at full-back..

Dillon not had much to do, didn't seem to stand much of a chance with their goal, a close-range header.

Need more of the same play from us in the second half but with a better end product! A draw wouldn't be disastrous but would, however, be a wasted opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It looked like it went right down the middle, should Phillips have done better?

Purrington didn't even jump

• Options
    Do people want me to continue adding the official tweets to the thread 2nd half?
    I'm very aware I'm not as slick at doing it as @ross1 is!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Apparently we only had 41% possession???
    Blimey, Pompey must have only had 20% in that case...who’s had the rest, come on, own up 
  • Options
    Anyone else think that’s the best we’ve played on TV for a long long time? Maybe we’re breaking the curse of SKY!
  • Options
    Decent half of football that, nice atmosphere in the ground from those here. Hopefully we can kick on second half
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Cheers for first half update guys. Hopefully we can get something and hold on to it in the second half. Updates much appreciated.
  • Options
    Charlton better team all half. Impressive build up play & midfield looking very good. Bielik very good.  Not much understanding or link up between Taylor & Vetekele. Great goal Aribo. Should have gone in a deserved one goal up. Sucker punch at the end. First attempt on target. In the build up Sarr out of position up front & this led to the corner. Really poor marking from the defence & Purrington in particular. Hoping Charlton can pass to the same excellent level in the second half. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    You lot are mental. It's official. Vetokele can not be blamed for that block he even tried to move out of the path of least resistance for the 'strikers' shot.

Cullen hit it straight at him.

Subbing him will do us no favours. We'll just have two deep lying forwards if we bring Parker on...
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It looked like it went right down the middle, should Phillips have done better?

Purrington didn't even jump

Phillips no chance with that bullet header it went in at normal speed motion when I replayed it on slow motion.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Do people want me to continue adding the official tweets to the thread 2nd half?
    I'm very aware I'm not as slick at doing it as @ross1 is!!
    Keep ‘me coming NO1, thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!