Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Portsmouth - Match Thread

Comments

• Who the fuck is Areeso?
  • 23' Macgillivray drops the corner and Charlton have it in the net, but the referee blows for a free-kick. Replays show there wasn't a lot there.
  • Having seen it again, Cullen could've picked anywhere else and hits it straight at Igor. 
    I suppose if it's been drilled into you to hit the ball to someone in the same coloured shirt ...
  • Playing well, need to make it count soon. 
  • Taylor has to stop those fouls at corners 
  • I think Igor was offside when he blocked that. Should have been a free kick just to rub it in. 
  • Philips distribution has been shocking 
  • Igor cannot be blamed for a shot being cannoned at the back of his head FFS! Our fans.
  • 27' Bauer tries his luck from distance and wins a corner.

• Some of our passing on ground is great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Areeeeeebo with a wild header
  • 28' CHANCE! Aribo with a free header, but he can't control it and it's well over.
  • Wasteful again. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Areeeeeebo with a wild header
    Should've done better
  • Some of our passing on ground is great.
    Most of our stuff on the floor is decent it's when we try to cross it all goes wrong!
  • I hope we are not going to regret those missed chances at the final whistle.
  • 1StevieG said:
    Philips distribution has been shocking 
    One missed place kick out is hardly shocking 
  • I hope we are not going to regret those missed chances at the final whistle.
    I fear we all know the response to that...
  • Good cover work by BFG, cutting out through ball.
  • 30' Taylor with an effort from 25 yards, but it's off target.

• Sponsored links:

• Wish we’d fire our crosses in a bit sooner. So often taking that one extra touch that allows a block or tackle. Just fire it in and allow Igor and Taylor to gamble on getting to the near post. 
  • @Ollywozere getting plenty of airtime sitting next to Bowyer!
  • Doing pretty well considering we're playing with ten 
  • Something ain't right with the BBC stats.

Home TeamCharltonAway TeamPortsmouth
    Possession
    Home30% Away70%
    Shots
    Home4 Away1
    Shots on Target
    Home0 Away0
    Corners
    Home5 Away0
    Fouls
    Home7 Away2

Match report to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47424640

• As soon as I post that, Vetokele sets up a shooting chance haha. Has to come off for Parker though 
  • Opening half hour: we're by far the better side, very little from Pompey.

Nees to create aome decent openings though ... and not get in the way of them when we do.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Igor cannot be blamed for a shot being cannoned at the back of his head FFS! Our fans.
    Well, he can. Positioning is important. Cullen shouldn't have been hitting it into him, but equally when the ball is played across the six yard box as a striker it's not wise to be stood on the line. The only thing you're going to get out of that is either a shot bouncing off you, or an offside flag. It' a comedy of errors that chance
  • edited March 2019
    That was an awful shot by Cullen.
  • Leuth said:
    Doing pretty well considering we're playing with ten 
    ??
  • 34' Vetokele lays off for Cullen on the edge of the box, but he doesn't get the connection he wants on his shot and it dribbles wide.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!