Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth fans

Comments

• Tbf MillwallFan does have a point about Millwall attacking other fans away from stadiums.

For example, even now Millwall turn up in the pubs around Kings Cross when they are at home to Leeds.

Charlton weren't playing or maybe away up north last season & my Millwall mate asked me if I wanted to go to the Leeds game.

He said they were meeting in one of the Kings Cross pubs just after 10am. 
  • That pic of the Pompey game is not Chsrlton and Pompey having it.It was Charlton v Plod ---- Pompey weren't about that day.

We were in three pubs in Havant and Plod moved everyone out from there. Shoved us into one section in the ground and then started aiming people out.Thats till it went off.

I think this was very close to when we got booted out of The Valley ,probably the first big away game
    Was there that day -think we lost .Soon after we we won 5-3 down at Brighton .Curbs scored for us .
  • That pic of the Pompey game is not Chsrlton and Pompey having it.It was Charlton v Plod ---- Pompey weren't about that day.

We were in three pubs in Havant and Plod moved everyone out from there. Shoved us into one section in the ground and then started aiming people out.Thats till it went off.

I think this was very close to when we got booted out of The Valley ,probably the first big away game
    Was there that day -think we lost .Soon after we we won 5-3 down at Brighton .Curbs scored for us .
    Think Curbs got 2 @ Brighton 
  • Yes it was the Valley Action Group

We won 2-1, drew 1-1 ‘home’ to Portsmouth at Selhurst that year. Portsmouth were relegated we finished two places above them. The season we needed a draw away to Chelsea to avoid the playoffs.

brighton 5-3 was our promotion season.
  • What I've found interesting is the comparison of the stories on this thread about games in the 60s and 70s compared with events over the Weekend - Whatever happened was deporable but for pundits and media to claim we're in danger of returning to the days of old is ludicrous ... By the sound of things barring a few isolated cases we're a long way from returning to those days
  • What I've found interesting is the comparison of the stories on this thread about games in the 60s and 70s compared with events over the Weekend - Whatever happened was deporable but for pundits and media to claim we're in danger of returning to the days of old is ludicrous ... By the sound of things barring a few isolated cases we're a long way from returning to those days
    We are a long way from that mainly IMHO due to seating and better segregation, except of course at Charlton where the sales team continue to sell boxes to away fans to increase income. Wankers the lot of them.

I was there and for some reason the police separated us into two groups on both sides of that fence. 
  • Wasn't the pic when police were waiting for (their words) the Charlton Action Group, who they wrongly assumed were to protest at Fratton about the move to Selhurst. They had saved the middle pen to isolate the so called CAG, but when the lads arrived, loads more of us joined them in this middle pen and buggered up the police strategy. 
    That's it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• milo said:
    That pic of the Pompey game is not Chsrlton and Pompey having it.It was Charlton v Plod ---- Pompey weren't about that day.

We won 2-1, drew 1-1 ‘home’ to Portsmouth at Selhurst that year. Portsmouth were relegated we finished two places above them. The season we needed a draw away to Chelsea to avoid the playoffs.

The year that Portsmouth got relegated we won 2-1 at home ( Andy Jones scored after 20 seconds ) and drew 1-1 away.
  • milo said:
    That pic of the Pompey game is not Chsrlton and Pompey having it.It was Charlton v Plod ---- Pompey weren't about that day.

Remember that game. Mike Flanagan scored, came running over to us and jumped up on the wire fencing in celebration. Listened to the radio in the motor on the way home and the Brighton manager (can't remember who he was) bemoaning the fact that if Brighton 'were going to go up they had to beat the likes of Charlton'. Cocky dipstick. Wonder what he made of the final table at the end of the season. Back to the punch-up stories, who remembers the FA Cup against Arsenal at Highbury - 1968?- when Charlton took the North Bank?
  • Don’t want to steal oohaah’s thunder but I take it we are on the left

200 Charlton 😂
  • addick05 said:
    milo said:

Remember that game. Mike Flanagan scored, came running over to us and jumped up on the wire fencing in celebration. Listened to the radio in the motor on the way home and the Brighton manager (can't remember who he was) bemoaning the fact that if Brighton 'were going to go up they had to beat the likes of Charlton'. Cocky dipstick. Wonder what he made of the final table at the end of the season. Back to the punch-up stories, who remembers the FA Cup against Arsenal at Highbury - 1968?- when Charlton took the North Bank?
    1969 and we stayed there all through the game, very large numbers of Charlton that day.

I was only just in my teens but felt safe with all the Charlton around me. 
  • seth plum said:
    I took Cold Blow Land single handed in 1966.
    The rest of you are pussies.
    Seth was it a Sunday morning about quarter past eight ? 
  • seth plum said:
    I took Cold Blow Land single handed in 1966.
    The rest of you are pussies.
    With my best Monty Python voice on:

"Single handed, you were lucky, we used ta dream of aving one hand" 
  • edited March 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    We can take the piss out of @MillwallFan and have fun doing it but they were top dogs for most of the hooligan heyday, mixing it with the likes of Chelsea West Ham Leeds. But it rankles with me when they claim to have been present at so many Charlton games.  I can think of 2/3 at most 
    I never claimed that Millwall were present at the Charlton games, as so many people on this thread seem to be implying that I said. 

All i I said is that it’s quite a well known fact that Millwall quite often used to go on the hunt for Pompey when they was away at Charlton or palace, and they would be equally up for it. Not at the grounds, but on route. Or at Waterloo. 

In those days that sort of thing happened a lot. We barely played West Ham for about 20 years, that doesn’t mean we never met them. There was loads of incidents of trouble between us in that time. Millwall would be at home to someone shit like chesterfield in division 3, they’d be away to United, there’s a good chance the Millwall lads of that era would go and hang around Kings Cross or the like hoping to bump in to them on their way back from Manchester. 
    They got off at new cross one year on the way to palace, Millwall was at home to Hull, and it kicked right off. That’s just how it was then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• @MillwallFan. Hello mate. Was you in Greenwich on Saturday?
  • edited March 2019
    Not going to read through the whole thread BUT, Charlton took a very large 'risk element' according to our friends in the blue jackets last season. Definitely ruffled some feathers judging by the amount of tracksuits coming off the estates. Took well over an hour to get to the ground due to the disorder from both sides. So hardly a surprise Pompey turned up in those sort of numbers on Sat. 

Re Millwall can recall over the years (probably until about a decade ago) we've had a few guests present at turnouts against Palace etc and other London derbies. Think soured quite a lot when we started playing each other again and that was the end of that. Again post the walk from New Cross one year and our beer monsters acting up in the ground / chucking a flare on the pitch. Another one that took an age to get out the ground (they couldn't lock the cage due to engineering works) leading to a fair bit of Tom Foolery before being marched back to NC.

Either way certainly not worth arguing about for 6 pages on here! Xxx 
  • Don’t want to steal oohaah’s thunder but I take it we are on the left

200 Charlton 😂
    150 Charlton & 50 Spanners
  • @MillwallFan. Hello mate. Was you in Greenwich on Saturday?
    No mate. 
  • I'm on page 3, someone give @MillwallFan a promot... More bites than I could have ever imagined 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    I'm on page 3, someone give @MillwallFan a promot... More bites than I could have ever imagined 
    Had my guard down, too many beers 
  • Addickted said:
    What would a train full of Portsmouth fans be doing at Peckham on their way to Palace when there is a direct line from Portsmouth to East Croydon?
    These people don’t take ‘direct lines’. They did all they could to avoid the police. 

Years ago Millwall’s lot went to Portsmouth via that east Croydon line. East Croydon was totally out of their way but the police would’ve expected them to go via Waterloo so that line would’ve been flooded with old bill.  
  • edited March 2019
    And i believe it was Ubers to Greenwich on Saturday that threw the OB off the scent. Old habits..
  • What happened in Greenwich?