Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth fans

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    @DA9
    Personally I would take mf's posts on the era and incidents more seriously if he'd been there instead quoting from hoolie books and what a couple of lads had told him.

Southampton.
    Started way before 2001.Southampton away, I can't remember the year, late 70's? Night game. They managed to infiltrate our end, Chris Slattery copped it first then it was a real free for all. Always a bit of history between us from then.
    Mate, I’m not going to go in to my ‘era’ on here or what incidents I was involved in as I’d get absolutely slaughtered for it. But by circumstances I do know a couple of their lads and this came up in conversation a few years ago. They’ve got no reason to lie. As for that ‘hoolie book’, well it was written by Rob Silvester, I think he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to the 657. 
    But you believe what you want mate. If you want to believe that they held Charltons mob in such high regard you carry on 
    Will do.
  • Options
    For the sake of this thread I hope we do not play Portsmouth in the play-offs.
  • Options
    Remember standing on east terrace as our lot went in to the Pompey end during a 2-2 draw they then came running back with the old bill behind them and someone dropped a knife right in front of me.
    You must’ve been right near me then Steve.
    It was around 1984, near the walkway half way up the east terrace roughly in line with the south end penalty spot.
    I was with my dad and it was kicking off by the fence that created a corner pen in the South east corner. Saw a fella that used to get in the Yorkshire Grey, ginger tom (ST) go past us to get involved then return less than a minute later with claret pouring out the side of his head.
    I was cacking it but my dad would not move away. I think it was a fan on the Pompey side of the fence that pointed out to th police that someone was carrying a blade and when they approached him, he dropped the knife and got chased through the east terrace.
    after that, my dad said that we shouldn’t mention any of this to my mum or she’ll try to stop me going.
    i sometimes wish I’d told her.

That’s how remember it, but it was circa 35 years ago.
  • Options
    Remember standing on east terrace as our lot went in to the Pompey end during a 2-2 draw they then came running back with the old bill behind them and someone dropped a knife right in front of me.
    It was around 1984, near the walkway half way up the east terrace roughly in line with the south end penalty spot.
    I was with my dad and it was kicking off by the fence that created a corner pen in the South east corner. Saw a fella that used to get in the Yorkshire Grey, ginger tom (ST) go past us to get involved then return less than a minute later with claret pouring out the side of his head.
    I was cacking it but my dad would not move away. I think it was a fan on the Pompey side of the fence that pointed out to th police that someone was carrying a blade and when they approached him, he dropped the knife and got chased through the east terrace.
    after that, my dad said that we shouldn’t mention any of this to my mum or she’ll try to stop me going.

That bit really made me laugh! 
  • Options
    drewman said:
    I don't understand this thread. Have Charlton ever had a "firm"? Not in my time of supporting them. The aforementioned Southampton encounters the only trouble I ever recall and I always thought we just sought out an equally soft opponent.
    Yes - You just don't know about it.
  • Options

I remember it. It ended up with someone unconscious (or looked it) quite high up (above half way), on the East terrace
  • Options
    how old are you @MillwallFan
  • Options
    Mid 40’s. 
  • Options
    drewman said:
    I don't understand this thread. Have Charlton ever had a "firm"? Not in my time of supporting them. The aforementioned Southampton encounters the only trouble I ever recall and I always thought we just sought out an equally soft opponent.
    And how long is that then. You obviously weren’t at Highbury in 69.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    drewman said:
    Yes - You just don't know about it.
    I reckon @drewman lives in a cave without internet access  ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Mid 40’s. 
    Right. 
    Football hooliganism basically started in the late 60s. (Before you was born.)
    And had all but died out by the time you was about 10.
    So for us old gits who were actually there your take on things doesn't matter .
    You actually think football hooliganism died out in the mid 80’s? Hmmm.
    I started going to Millwall with family in the late 70’s, Started going with my mates in the late 80’s and then was involved myself from the very early 90’s and then throughout the 90’s when there was still plenty of activity on that front, albeit usually totally off the radar. And I knew all the lads who was involved throughout the ‘heyday’ and heard their ‘take’ on everything that went before. 

• Options
    Acab said:
    drewman said:
    Or Wolves in 76
  • Options
    @DA9
    Personally I would take mf's posts on the era and incidents more seriously if he'd been there instead quoting from hoolie books and what a couple of lads had told him.

Southampton.
    Started way before 2001.Southampton away, I can't remember the year, late 70's? Night game. They managed to infiltrate our end, Chris Slattery copped it first then it was a real free for all. Always a bit of history between us from then.
    It was the 6-2 game. One of our lads got stabbed behind the West Stand, it really went off. One of my mates got nicked as well.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    I can see MF now, aged three, flat cap on and giving throat slitting signs to the away fans.
    While smoking 20 fags before half-time. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I can see MF now, aged three, flat cap on and giving throat slitting signs to the away fans.
    We’ve met? 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    @DA9

Southampton.
    It was the 6-2 game. One of our lads got stabbed behind the West Stand, it really went off. One of my mates got nicked as well.

Stabbed behind the west stand? Is that a euphemism? Sounds painful 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Mid 40’s. 
    Right. 
    Football hooliganism basically started in the late 60s. (Before you was born.)
    And had all but died out by the time you was about 10.
    So for us old gits who were actually there your take on things doesn't matter .
    You actually think football hooliganism died out in the mid 80’s? Hmmm.
    I started going to Millwall with family in the late 70’s, Started going with my mates in the late 80’s and then was involved myself from the very early 90’s and then throughout the 90’s when there was still plenty of activity on that front, albeit usually totally off the radar. And I knew all the lads who was involved throughout the ‘heyday’ and heard their ‘take’ on everything that went before. 

I was made in Bermondsey, but I was born in the royal navy. 
    You win the internet today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    @DA9

Southampton.

Stabbed behind the west stand? Is that a euphemism? Sounds painful 
    Before you were even a twinkle in the old man's eye.
  • Options
    I'm still shocked a bloke apparently in his 40's has nothing better to do than post on a football forum for a club he doesn't even support.

I still reckon he's 15.
  • Options
    drewman said:
    Way off the mark here Drewman. This is so incorrect it reads like a wind-up.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    drewman said:
    Or Wolves in 76
    Battle of The Bridge ?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I think someone's been watching "The Warriors" on his Betamax again .....
    Think you're onto something here @Off_it. Get 7 representatives from each firm in the land, meet up in Trafalgar Square (Sundlund style) and sort out a plan to take over the city! There aint but 20k cops in the whole of London anyway! @MillwallFan can by Cyrus "the one and only" :wink:
  • Options
    Acab said:
    drewman said:
    You're right, I wasn't born then.