Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys Of Summer 2019

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    So apparently centre field is only 385 and the foul poles are only 300, and the fence isn't that high either. Constrained by the location or deliberately on the small side to make it entertaining?
    Crikey that's crazy. It reminds me how in little league on like the last game of the season they'd bring the fences in to give everyone a chance to hit a home run. Never got one though #LineDriveHitter #HitForAverage #MostlyJustRubbish
  • As we return to regular season play following the All-Star break, I always find it interesting to note the spread of the divisions and see who’s looking dominant, dangerous, comfortable, in trouble, a lost cause or anything else in between. Also, which divisions look the most interesting.

This year, the NL Central looks like the only really competitive division.
    The Reds, in last place in the NL Central are only 4.5 games back on the leaders, The Cubs. They are closer to the lead of their division than any second place team in the other 5 divisions, with the Yanks, Braves, Twins, Astros and Dodgers each holding a lead of at least 5.5 in their respective divisions, with only the Braves holding a percentage of less than .600.
    Not only that, The Cubs, with a 47-43 record so far, have only the joint 12th best record, and would fail to get in the top three of 3 of the divisions!

So it looks like the NL Central is the Place for potential crunch games, although these things can change quickly. Having said that, it does look like The Dodgers can start planning for the postseason already, being .652 with a 13.5 game lead over their closest rivals, the Diamondbacks, who are .505 - just 1 game over .500.
    The other 4 big leaders all look good for their divisions at this stage, but I’m sure there’ll be some twists and turns yet.

Still all to play for of course, and you never know what might happen in October,  but I have a horrible feeling the Yanks are going to do it this year.
  • Been trying to convince myself that the BL central is competitive when in reality it's just poor.

Cards on .500 are two games behind!!

Group of sleep
  • Been trying to convince myself that the BL central is competitive when in reality it's just poor.

Cards on .500 are two games behind!!

Group of sleep
    There’s been decent baseball and there are some very good players on show in the NL Central Henners.
    Might not have clicked into place or be as high quality as the Dodgers or the Yanks, but there’s life in the division yet.
  • How about those baby Braves though
  • We are top of the league
  • Oh man!!!
    Cards complete yet another come from behind win in the 9th to clinch 4 game sweep of the Cubs at Wrigley.
    Life is sweet.   :)
  • Go Cards

Swept the Cubs in four games at Wrigley and are going to post season.
  • One for @oohaahmortimer

See how many the Cardinals took away to Chicago  (Cards fans in red) 

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/video/recap-stl-9-chc-8?t=cardinals-game-recap
  • Sponsored links:

• One for @oohaahmortimer

See how many the Cardinals took away to Chicago  (Cards fans in red) 

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/video/recap-stl-9-chc-8?t=cardinals-game-recap
    "Yes, yes, yes ....St Louis on top"   :)
  • Unbelievable end to this wildcard game between the Nats and the Brewers...
  • Unbelievable end to this wildcard game between the Nats and the Brewers...
    Fucking gutted I am. Tough place for Grisham right now as a rookie, all the pressure in the world to make that play at the end, hope he can find a way to put it past him. Really missed Yelich today, he definitely makes that play in left. If Hader could learn to get ahead of hitters, that play probably never happens. 9th inning totally on Hader
  • Well, the Giants blew this season badly!
    Only consolation is they somehow managed to get Bruce Bochy to 2000+ wins as a coach!
    A lot better is expected for next year!
  • Here we go.

Astros and Dodgers the favourites but anything can happen.

Cards got a tough job to overcome the Braves but they have that good blend of youth and experience.

• edited October 2019
    Cards win first game away 7- 6

Brooklyn one up v Washington
  • Big (twice) come from behind win for the Cards. Ace pitching tonight. 
    Go Cards!!
  • Cardinals Braves game was brilliant. I have petty reasons to dislike both teams but found myself drawn more towards the Cardinals as the game wore on so was happy with the result. Looking forward to the Astros - Rays game tonight.
  • Anyone but the Yankees.
  • Cards win first game away 7- 6

Yanks one up v Washington
    Dodgers, not Yanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone but the Yankees.
    Yep.
    Would love the Nats to win it as I’m based in DC now, but if/when they get knocked out, I’ll be supporting whoever the Yanks are playing.
  • Braves have had 'closing' issues all summer long which came back to bite them on the bum last night, hopefully we tie the series later this evening
  • YADI! YADI! YADI!
    Back to Atlanta it is  :)
  • Down to the wire as usual.

Go Cards
  • Well done to the Cardinals.

Drama between the Nationals and the Dodgers. 3-3 after eight innings...
  • What a first innings.  None of the usual nailbiting for Cardinals fans.

Big shock to see the Dodgers lose to the wild card team, Washington.

NLCS wide open.

Go Cards
  • Please anyone but the Skanks.

Dodgers were my hope to beat them but now they’ve blown it again, I can’t see who is gonna stop them.

Happy to join the ‘Go Cards’ movement for October!
  • Stunned by the Dodgers capitulation last night. I though we had it won at 3-1 and Kershaw coming in, but he then gave up consecutive Home Runs and the Nats won it in extra innings. I hope the Cards now beat the Nats in the NLCS but I think the AL winner will be favourite to win it all. I'm beginning to think that the Yankees may be the team to beat after their 3 game sweep of the Twins, while everyone else has been slugging it out over 5 games. I'll like their chances even more if the Rays beat the Astros tonight, which isn't likely but anything is possible after the 2 NL games yesterday.
  • Astros beat Rays 6-1.

107 wins Astros v 103 wins Yankees.

91 wins Cards v 93 wins Nats.

• Astros favourites but as already shown regular season form doesn't matter.

Obviously want the cardinals to win but would be good to have a new name so Washington if not cards.