Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Boys Of Summer 2019

Comments

• Pirates v Cardinals on BT now.

Pittsburgh were up four, Cards levelled, Pirates went 5 - 4 but cards just levelled again bottom of the 9th.

Neither side look decent, Pittsburgh threw it away. Cards not convincing despite the rally.
  • Cards won it with a double play bottom the 11th.

Exciting finish but Pirates threw it away and Cards look an old side.

There were a lot of injuries too. Yadi ended the game playing third base and there was no third base umpire.
  • I'm getting quite into this...enjoyed watching back some highlights of Texas the last few days I must say. Not bad for a rebuilding team.
  • Attending Reds @ Pirates today.
    Just ticked off an item on my bucket list - witnessing a benches clearing brawl!
    So ridiculous! Never fails to amuse me!
  • Attending Reds @ Pirates today.
    Just ticked off an item on my bucket list - witnessing a benches clearing brawl!
    If you hit a home run into the river, sure you might watch it for a second or do a at flip. But if you stand in the box for 5 seconds like Dietrich did and show up the pitcher, you should not be surprised when the next pitch is at your back. I don't blame Jordan Archer for retaliating in the slightest. Also Yasiel Puig again showcasing why he's the leagues biggest jackass
  • If Archer wants to celebrate strikes, he shouldn’t get upset when hitters watch home runs. 
  • Rossman92 said:
    Attending Reds @ Pirates today.
    If you hit a home run into the river, sure you might watch it for a second or do a at flip. But if you stand in the box for 5 seconds like Dietrich did and show up the pitcher, you should not be surprised when the next pitch is at your back. I don't blame Jordan Archer for retaliating in the slightest. Also Yasiel Puig again showcasing why he's the leagues biggest jackass
    Possibly but this photo is a work of art. 

• If Archer wants to celebrate strikes, he shouldn’t get upset when hitters watch home runs. 
    Dietrich might as well have set up a folding chair and cracked a beer with how long he was standing there. I also found it particularly dumb that he did that when his team was in the middle of a 7 game losing streak
  • edited April 2019
    Rossman92 said:
    Attending Reds @ Pirates today.
    If Archer wants to celebrate strikes, he shouldn’t get upset when hitters watch home runs. 
    Both of these points are well made, but I stand by my original point - the benches and bullpens clearing are ridiculous. Just pitch the ball or hit the ball.
    It’s always amused me because they are nearly always pathetic affairs that are about nothing but posturing. They put me in mind of those crappy fights that used to happen at school with a large group of kids gathered around, all of whom feel they should get involved and pretend to be involved when actually they want nothing to do with it because they’re scared of getting hurt.
    As I said before, I’m glad I was there to see one - me and my wife and daughter were pissing ourselves.
    I love baseball, but this (and that weird thing where angry coaches kick dirt at the umpire) is inescapably comical.
     :D 
  • edited May 2019
    I'm enjoying this season more than any for a while and I admit that it's because the Cardinals are back.

Not sure how they have turned it around but have the best record in the MLB (pct 667) and are hitting in depth.

Also saw a stat that the 10 fastest pitchs (all over 100 mph) are from the same Cards player.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    https://youtu.be/NiNV4skeZeU

Brings a tear to the eye of every Cards fan.
    The great Albert Pujols returns to play Busch for the first time since 2011.
  • Anyone going to the Yankees Red Sox games next weekend? 
  • https://youtu.be/NiNV4skeZeU

Brings a tear to the eye of every Cards fan.
    The great Albert Pujols returns to play Busch for the first time since 2011.G

r

Great reception from the Cards fans
  • edited June 2019
    https://youtu.be/awDNdl5mAOM

And if you thought that was a tad crazy, how about the Cards' fans reaction to his home run for the Angels today?
    Albert takes a bow ...... love it.

• 1StevieG said:
    Anyone going to the Yankees Red Sox games next weekend? 
    Yeah on the Sunday
  • 1StevieG said:
    On the Saturday 
  • 1StevieG said:
    On the Saturday 
    Yep both days. Go Yankees!!!!
  • There is talk that the Cubs and Cards are coming over here in July 2020
  • Bilko said:
    There is talk that the Cubs and Cards are coming over here in July 2020

The way I read it in the newspaper today that this game is confirmed for next year!

Will be attending tomorrow in my Babe Ruth Yankees Jersey ;)
  • What are peoples views on wearing other teams jerseys to this weekends games?

You wouldn't catch me dead in a Yankees or a Red Soxs jersey, but it'd be nice to give my Mariners jersey a run out.
  • Sponsored links:

• A.B.T.Y
  • What are peoples views on wearing other teams jerseys to this weekends games?

You wouldn't catch me dead in a Yankees or a Red Soxs jersey, but it'd be nice to give my Mariners jersey a run out.
    Be careful, the Yankees and Red Sox fans are meeting at Waterloo for a dust-up, so you in blue might be perceived to be Millwall or Portsmouth.
  • Anyone watching the game?
  • Six each at the end of the first inning
  • Six each at the end of the first inning
    Really? That's mental, I wonder why it's so high, what's the outfield like?
  • edited June 2019
    Yankees lead 17-13 and counting... into the 8th inning and 5th hour now.
  • So apparently centre field is only 385 and the foul poles are only 300, and the fence isn't that high either. Constrained by the location or deliberately on the small side to make it entertaining?
  • sam3110 said:
    So apparently centre field is only 385 and the foul poles are only 300, and the fence isn't that high either. Constrained by the location or deliberately on the small side to make it entertaining?
    Was talking to lots of the people around me and it did seem decidedly convenient that there were so many runs! Hot day so the ball will travel further and both line ups are stacked but it didn’t seem like a pitcher out there could avoid getting shelled. Few people saying the pitcher mound was uneven 
  • edited July 2019
    Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs has been found dead in his hotel room before the clubs game against the Texas Rangers, which has been postponed. 

Rest in peace - thoughts with both his family and the team mate who apparently found him 
  • FFS, the Giants are up and down like a fiddler's elbow this season!