Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The binge drink factor obsession..it's coming soon

Following on from the smoking ban will come the gov.org.u.k. binge drinking obsession help line.A Health warning will appear on all alcohol related products,prices will go through the roof and anyone seen or behaving/enjoying themselves will be dealt with by a community support police officer(great job title)

When we have all given up drinking beer and smoking is banned what will be next?

Comments

• Petrol, Badger.
    £10 per gallon (of which £9.47 is tax) + £20 to drive on the motorway + £5 to park outside your own front door.

Next comes Rubbish: binliners £1 each + £5 collection charge on Wednesdays.
    But fly-tipping will be free......

I saw it in the tea leaves.
  • Moaning about how things aren't like the good old days does not attract a tax, though.
  • Depends how old you are?

would you like to come and INSPECT my compost heap?
  • Compost Heap inspection, Badger?

That'll be £5 + VAT. Surcharge for excess worms.
    £25 penalty if it pongs a bit.

Ah, the good old days, young Inspector Sands. When footballers were paid a proper wage and kicked a proper football.
    And it was only 2 shillings to get in. And Charlton won the FA Cup.

You try telling the kids of today......and they won't belieeeeeeeve you! ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Moaning about how things aren't like the good old days does not attract a tax, though.

It should be cos the govt could raise three times from that as all the other taxes put together.

Funny thing is that it is now cheaper and easier to drink than anytime since WWI when they introduced licensing laws to prevent drunk workers making dud shells.

All day opening, 24 hour opening, happy hours, very cheap spirits, very, very cheap wine, much stronger beer. This is the best time ever to be a drinker
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Moaning about how things aren't like the good old days does not attract a tax, though.

It should be cos the govt could raise three times from that as all the other taxes put together.

Funny thing is that it is now cheaper and easier to drink than anytime since WWI when they introduced licensing laws to prevent drunk workers making dud shells.

All day opening, 24 hour opening, happy hours, very cheap spirits, very, very cheap wine, much stronger beer. This is the best time ever to be a drinker
    a drinker or an alcoholic Henry?
  • All alcoholics are drinkers but not all drinkers are alcoholics.
  • There are many alcoholics who don't drink anymore.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]There are many alcoholics who don't drink anymore.

Only one day at a time.
  • some 'down in one' drinks, such as Slammer have also been banned as well
  • Sponsored links:

• binge drinking is undeniably a massive problem in this country and it is right to try to tackle it I think. I don't know how though.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]some 'down in one' drinks, such as Slammer have also been banned as well

No they haven't, advertising them and giving them out for free outside clubs etc have, along with stuff like tequila guns etc etc, you can still drink em, just gotta pay for em now.

It's also completely voluntary and not at all backed up by the law.
  • only sell alcohol with food, that would change binge drinking.. maybe..
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]only sell alcohol with food, that would change binge drinking.. maybe..

Or add to the nations Obesity problem??
  • Obesity is not about just what we eat or drink. It's about lifestyle.

You didn't see many fat kids fifteen years ago because we were a lot more active.

Walked to and from school, always on a park somewhere having a kickabout with mates and we eat loads of crap like McDonalds and were healthy and certainly not overweight.

And we weren't parked up in front of a computer or a TV all the time.

Before anyone says it's what different generations do I'm only 26!! And TV's and playstations etc were around when I was growing up
  • I've never been a smoker so am pretty non fussed by that but now it's banned there's pretty much only sex and alcohol left as vices (and there's a fair few out there relying on one to get the other!).

They've got to let us have some fun. It's all far too 1984 for my liking...
  • [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]It's all far too 1984 for my liking...

What ?

We've got to wear Miami Dolphins Pony trainers, skating to Do They Know Its Christmas at a Crook log roller Disco, after cheering on Torvill & Dean's Bolero ?????
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Obesity is not about just what we eat or drink. It's about lifestyle.

You didn't see many fat kids fifteen years ago because we were a lot more active.

Walked to and from school, always on a park somewhere having a kickabout with mates and we eat loads of crap like McDonalds and were healthy and certainly not overweight.

And we weren't parked up in front of a computer or a TV all the time.

Before anyone says it's what different generations do I'm only 26!! And TV's and playstations etc were around when I was growing up

I agree a lot with what you say, especially as i am of the breed that, when i am regularly exercising, i can, within reason eat what i like,- but basically we as a nation do eat too much now- just look at the difference in portion sizes that were served up 20 years ago to those of today. And, yes i am old enough to remember. :-(

But the point i was making was in answer to the point Razil made, and it was a little tongue in cheek.