Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Speed Cameras

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Rizzo said:
    Is there any trick to beating the average speed checks?
    There really isn't. Ultimately they are just timing the journey between 2 points a set distance apart. It's just pure mathematics (speed=distance/time). If your journey took less than the amount of time it would take at the designated speed limit you were speeding.
    There is the obvious way to beat the camera and avoid the a fine, points and a ban. It is not very popular to mention it on here. So I won’t.
    @charltonkeston
    do share? please, unless its lane hopping? 
    I think he means by driving under the speed limit.
  • Options
    Is there any trick to beating the average speed checks? I now have to frequent M20 daily since i moved (going homeworking soon) they are a nightmare, firstly where the roadworks are and even at 6:15 am you have to go 50-10mph, 50-10mph for a stretch. 

I say regarding the trick, as i tend to go just under 60mph but feel that its an accident waiting to happen and hopefully not several speeding fines coming my way (over the last 4 weeks) 

Always has been a grate of mine, also more so when they go down to 50/40 on the M25 when there is no problem
    How far, in miles, do you drive on the stretch covered by the average speed check @johnnybev1987 ?  
  • Options
    Saw the old method in France years ago. Got the ticket at the toll booth, drove 100 miles or so and handed in ticket to pay when we changed roads. Another brit in the next booth pays and bell rings and local plod wander over. Tickets are timed on issue and when you pay they are timed again. Easy money. I always stop for a leak as soon as i go through the toll. Average speed then stays down. 
    And you arrive at precisely the same time. So why not just stick to the speed limit? 

Because he needed a piss
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Is there any trick to beating the average speed checks? I now have to frequent M20 daily since i moved (going homeworking soon) they are a nightmare, firstly where the roadworks are and even at 6:15 am you have to go 50-10mph, 50-10mph for a stretch. 

I say regarding the trick, as i tend to go just under 60mph but feel that its an accident waiting to happen and hopefully not several speeding fines coming my way (over the last 4 weeks) 

Always has been a grate of mine, also more so when they go down to 50/40 on the M25 when there is no problem
    How far, in miles, do you drive on the stretch covered by the average speed check @johnnybev1987 ?  
    I get on junction 8- come off M25 junction 3 Swanley, i couldn't answer exactly when i come on there is 2 lanes 50mph probably less then 1 mile and then goes up to 70 until you hit the 50 limit where there are road works going on.

No traffic this would probably take 20 minutes for the whole stretch, however most of the problem is because of when people are getting on and it varies between 50mph-10mph. 

Not really linked to speeding too much my traffic problems on the M20 
  • Options
    I think it should be a two way street if you excuse the pun. There are speed cameras that are there for tax collection purposes, purely judging by their position and others that serve a safety purpose. Also, managing motorway speeds is important, when there is a possible hazzard. But the speed limit on motorways is too low and needs reviewing. Modern cars stop better than the cars that were around when the limit was introduced. On motorways with three lanes, I would have the inside lane for slower vehicles, the middle lane for 70mph and the outer lane for 90mph. These should be the speeds you are travelling on in these lanes, not more and not less.
  • Options
    I think it should be a two way street if you excuse the pun. There are speed cameras that are there for tax collection purposes, purely judging by their position and others that serve a safety purpose. Also, managing motorway speeds is important, when there is a possible hazzard. But the speed limit on motorways is too low and needs reviewing. Modern cars stop better than the cars that were around when the limit was introduced. On motorways with three lanes, I would have the inside lane for slower vehicles, the middle lane for 70mph and the outer lane for 90mph. These should be the speeds you are travelling on in these lanes, not more and not less.
    In theory I agree with this but, as @hoof_it_up_to_benty points out, there's always going to be idiots who cock the whole system up by driving in the wrong lane, driving too fast, too slow, switching lanes etc.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Is there any trick to beating the average speed checks?
    There really isn't. Ultimately they are just timing the journey between 2 points a set distance apart. It's just pure mathematics (speed=distance/time). If your journey took less than the amount of time it would take at the designated speed limit you were speeding.
    There is the obvious way to beat the camera and avoid the a fine, points and a ban. It is not very popular to mention it on here. So I won’t.
    @charltonkeston
    do share? please, unless its lane hopping? 
    I think he means by driving under the speed limit.
    It’s also an environmentally friendly, money saving scheme which I think is more comfortable for driver and passengers and I think a safer way to drive.
     In all seriousness the best way to avoid fines is to stay alert and take notice of the signage. My view of people who repeatedly get done for speeding is they deserve the fines, points and bans as they are either not concentrating or basically choosing not to take any notice of the rules and laws that the rest of us do. 
  • Options
    Why not just points rather than points and a fine?

It’s a money making exercise that’s why. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw the old method in France years ago. Got the ticket at the toll booth, drove 100 miles or so and handed in ticket to pay when we changed roads. Another brit in the next booth pays and bell rings and local plod wander over. Tickets are timed on issue and when you pay they are timed again. Easy money. I always stop for a leak as soon as i go through the toll. Average speed then stays down. 
    What happens if you don’t need a leak?
  • Options
    Simples, you just go through the motions mate......get it? Motions.........I'll get my coat 😜.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Simples, you just go through the motions mate......get it? Motions.........I'll get my coat 😜.
    Blimey Red......I know it’s early mate but come on!
  • Options
    I have always been worryingly (a bit anoraky) interested in motorway mathematics. Where there are high volumes of cars, every time a car brakes slightly, it causes a multiplied effect down the line. Controlling speeds in these situations can make the traffic flow much better. 
  • Options
    Used to have a smoke in those days as had kids in the car and also never  missed an opportunity for a leak. Never went through the motions as the delights of the sxxt surrounded hole in the concrete  that  our cheese eating surrender allies called a karsi escaped me.
  • Options
    I have always been worryingly (a bit anoraky) interested in motorway mathematics. Where there are high volumes of cars, every time a car brakes slightly, it causes a multiplied effect down the line. Controlling speeds in these situations can make the traffic flow much better. 
    This would be greatly reduced if people didn't drive 2 inches from the exhaust pipe of the vehicle in front and dab their brakes every few seconds. Twunts!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why not just points rather than points and a fine?

It’s a money making exercise that’s why. 
    I tell you who is making the most out of it - the bloody insurance companies. Wife and I both on 3 points - insurance goes up more than the fine!