Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

06/03/19: CARD wants commitments over 2019/20 manager, players and sale of club ahead of ST offer

12346»

Comments

• Options
    literally dont see the point . what good did it do blackpool .  the little bit of income from ST sales make no difference to roland
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    Some depressing stuff on this thread. 

I’ll simply add that anyone who is “anti” any group (CARD or otherwise) that is giving up it’s time and energy to oppose Roland Duchatelet, can f right off. And then f right off again.

He is the enemy, not the fans who are trying to make him sell up and let us rebuild. 
    Personally I was talking about an effort to unite the fans, I don't think your comment is helpful as it just causes a bigger divide. You're right, he is the enemy, so why not try and do something that unites even the biggest critics? Telling other fans to F off isn't the answer mate.
    Sorry @TEL, my comments weren't aimed at you or anyone on here in particular. I was referring to those who have done nothing themselves but just sit back and bitch about fans/groups who are giving up their own time, energy and often money to try to put pressure on Duchatelet to sell up. I stand by my comment in relation to those.
    No worries @Davo55 I didn't really think it was aimed at me, I know what a decent bloke you are. If there is one thing Id like you and your fellow CARD people to consider though is to put aside any personal grievances to groups etc and try to think of a way to unite everyone....its a tough ask, but I think we are mostly united in our ultimate aim to rid us of Duchatelet, we just need a catalyst to bring us together....Id still like everyone who is boycotting to consider swelling the home crowd numbers, and show the Ratbag what a united set of Charlton fans can do.
  • Options
    Time for a “peaceful” demonstration/march to the Belgian Embassy maybe?
    That would embarrass the miserable sociopathic fucker and get huge coverage back in Belgium of the kind that would rock him down to his duck taped boots.
    We all realise that marches to and demonstrations at Embassies worldwide nowadays are fraught with problems from start to finish and would need extensive negotiations with a number of authorities, but these are very desperate times for us Addicks.....do we have the courage and foresight to go down that route........I’d like to think so, at least it’s worth thinking about.
    One problem is that the Belgian Embassy isn’t  in a very visible place (it’s down a back street). It would need the inflatable Roland balloon maybe, to attract attention.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:

I’ll simply add that anyone who is “anti” any group (CARD or otherwise) that is giving up it’s time and energy to oppose Roland Duchatelet, can f right off. And then f right off again.

He is the enemy, not the fans who are trying to make him sell up and let us rebuild. 
    Personally I was talking about an effort to unite the fans, I don't think your comment is helpful as it just causes a bigger divide. You're right, he is the enemy, so why not try and do something that unites even the biggest critics? Telling other fans to F off isn't the answer mate.
    Sorry @TEL, my comments weren't aimed at you or anyone on here in particular. I was referring to those who have done nothing themselves but just sit back and bitch about fans/groups who are giving up their own time, energy and often money to try to put pressure on Duchatelet to sell up. I stand by my comment in relation to those.
    No worries @Davo55 I didn't really think it was aimed at me, I know what a decent bloke you are. If there is one thing Id like you and your fellow CARD people to consider though is to put aside any personal grievances to groups etc and try to think of a way to unite everyone....its a tough ask, but I think we are mostly united in our ultimate aim to rid us of Duchatelet, we just need a catalyst to bring us together....Id still like everyone who is boycotting to consider swelling the home crowd numbers, and show the Ratbag what a united set of Charlton fans can do.
    I totally agree with this @tel problem is it seems to be just you and me..
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    That would embarrass the miserable sociopathic fucker and get huge coverage back in Belgium of the kind that would rock him down to his duck taped boots.
    We all realise that marches to and demonstrations at Embassies worldwide nowadays are fraught with problems from start to finish and would need extensive negotiations with a number of authorities, but these are very desperate times for us Addicks.....do we have the courage and foresight to go down that route........I’d like to think so, at least it’s worth thinking about.
    One problem is that the Belgian Embassy isn’t  in a very visible place (it’s down a back street). It would need the inflatable Roland balloon maybe, to attract attention.
    In some ways that is to our advantage in as much as the authorities wouldn’t be too concerned about a demo causing traffic problems.
    A demo at the embassy (where people make their own way there at a prescribed time), would possibly be a better option, as a march in central London would be likely to cause traffic problems.
    It doesn’t matter that we wouldn’t be much visible to the general public......it’s the media attention we would attract that would be the main objective.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    .razil said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:

razil said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:

‘Swelling the home crowd number would show the Ratbag what a united set of Charlton fans could do’. 

Roland would see increased attendances as a show of support from the 98% of Charlton fans who back him, wouldn’t he? He certainly wouldn’t see it in anyway as something to be concerned about.  
  • Options
    In some ways that is to our advantage in as much as the authorities wouldn’t be too concerned about a demo causing traffic problems.
    A demo at the embassy (where people make their own way there at a prescribed time), would possibly be a better option, as a march in central London would be likely to cause traffic problems.
    It doesn’t matter that we wouldn’t be much visible to the general public......it’s the media attention we would attract that would be the main objective.
    Just thought.....this would also attract considerable attention from the Belgian media.....possibly with live links back to Belgium.
  • Options
    I make James Seed right. 

Roland is on record as saying that those who attend games support him. 

The other practical problem is that you would never get the thousands of extra non attending ( for whatever reason ) fans you would need to make an obvious visible difference to turn up for the game.
  • Options
    The demo at EFL was a bit of a backstreet.
    It may be a good (and cheaper) idea to let the Belgian authorities know that some of us are concerned that a Belgian national is both lying and being so destructive to something many of us see as a precious London institution.
    What might it achieve?
    Probably nothing practical beyond a form of expression. 
    It does not have to be an organized march but a lawful gathering like the brexit demo people at Westminster.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    .razil said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:

razil said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:

‘Swelling the home crowd number would show the Ratbag what a united set of Charlton fans could do’. 

Roland would see increased attendances as a show of support from the 98% of Charlton fans who back him, wouldn’t he? He certainly wouldn’t see it in anyway as something to be concerned about.  
    not as a one off, but even if it did the impact of very audible Roland Out from SKY coverage would hurt him more surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mametz said:
    I make James Seed right. 

Roland is on record as saying that those who attend games support him. 

The other practical problem is that you would never get the thousands of extra non attending ( for whatever reason ) fans you would need to make an obvious visible difference to turn up for the game.
    Hard to say until you try, possibly too late now though for this weekend
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:

In response to the last paragraph...think we are already showing him what just some united supporters can do...it's hurting him,soon as he fx off,& our new owners are in place,that's when the full united set will come together & show him what he could have had...till then screw him...!!!