Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

06/03/19: CARD wants commitments over 2019/20 manager, players and sale of club ahead of ST offer

Comments

• Options
    Approaching people to start a demo who are against demos would not be the way to start a demo, no. I'm suggesting that occasional public meetings and demos with a broad appeal are the way to encourage unity and support. e.g. We have never had a public meeting that decided to protest.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    It's a principle though. Give money to Duchatelet?
    No. Absolutely not. My money takes earning and he's not going to benefit, however marginally, from that.
    Right, but there’s more to the transaction of buying a Charlton than just “giving money to Duchatelet” you are also:

- getting to watch the team you love
    - spending quality time with family and friends 
    - enjoying a pastime without the pressures of work/life for 90 minutes 
    - avoiding having to find something else to do with your time on a Saturday

For me the benefits of buying a ST still outweigh the negatives, for others they dont and that’s a shame, but we all have to make our decisions. 
  • Options
    I should think he won't be too pleased when he sees this
  • Options
    I honestly don't think he'll care. 
  • Options
    Just my opinion of course but I think he really doesn't like adverse publicity and the thought that he's being outsmarted.
  • Options
    I dont see the logc in thinking this isstill your club with that bellend running it. If you can risk waiting a few months and moving seat by a row to help prove a point... then you are a small part of the problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:
    No. Absolutely not. My money takes earning and he's not going to benefit, however marginally, from that.
    Right, but there’s more to the transaction of buying a Charlton than just “giving money to Duchatelet” you are also:

For me the benefits of buying a ST still outweigh the negatives, for others they dont and that’s a shame, but we all have to make our decisions. 

All of your reasons for going to watch Charlton are more than valid; and are typical of most fans at most football clubs. But at least they go with the hope of maybe winning promotion or having a good run in one of the cups. If our moron owner doesn't sell soon, just how many seasons do we have left? Or perhaps you will trot out the same reasons when dragging the 'family and friends' to watch us play the likes of  Bromsgrove and Sutton?
  • Options
    What if as many as possible turn up for the Pompy game and sing Roland out throughout the 1st half .
    Then as the 2nd half kicks off we all leave the valley together .
    Sky would have to cover this and it would get coverage in Belgium also.
    Just a thought. 
  • Options
    What if as many as possible turn up for the Pompy game and sing Roland out throughout the 1st half .
    Then as the 2nd half kicks off we all leave the valley together .
    Sky would have to cover this and it would get coverage in Belgium also.
    Just a thought. 
    Only a sprinkling left on 75 minutes for the Middlesbrough game. A good idea if people were prepared to do it wholesale.

I suppose you could torpedo me over the goal into the centre circle to start a pitch invasion.
  • Options
    Hanging on to your hard-earned until you know what you're getting in return seems like a very reasonable suggestion to me. Can't see why people are so divided on this, shows how fed up everyone is with this ongoing debacle. "Just sell the club" is all well and good when there're buyers around, seems like that is in doubt these days. I've been buying lottery tickets for a while now in hopes I'd win enough to buy the club, and lo and behold, last weekend I won two dollars, enough to buy the club with some left over. Now all I have to do is win some more so that I can buy the freeholds to go along with it. I'd love to live close enough to The Valley so that I could say I'm not buying an ST until we know what we're getting next season, but can't do that for obvious reasons, so I'm just urging everyone to stick together, we are well represented by CARD, it seems to me, well worth trying their suggestion.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    How can anyone say he doesn't care about the money? He hasn't sold the club because he can't agree a price and he wants far more than it's worth. He came to London a year ago to personally oversee cost cutting measures. He continues to sell any saleable playing assets because he wants to offset his operating losses. It's absolutely about the money and if he sees a big drop off in season ticket revenues because fans aren't prepared to pay in advance when we have no surety who will be in the side next season or who will be managing us, he will need to consider doing something to encourage sales eg renewing key contracts before it's too late.  
    He cares about money but that is referring to him wanting 15mil+ too much for the club. Even an extra 4000 boycotting wouldn’t bother him IMO. We are talking about a couple of million. 
  • Options
    How can anyone say he doesn't care about the money? He hasn't sold the club because he can't agree a price and he wants far more than it's worth. He came to London a year ago to personally oversee cost cutting measures. He continues to sell any saleable playing assets because he wants to offset his operating losses. It's absolutely about the money and if he sees a big drop off in season ticket revenues because fans aren't prepared to pay in advance when we have no surety who will be in the side next season or who will be managing us, he will need to consider doing something to encourage sales eg renewing key contracts before it's too late.  
    He cares about money but that is referring to him wanting 15mil+ too much for the club. Even an extra 4000 boycotting wouldn’t bother him IMO. We are talking about a couple of million. 
    If he cares about money he will care about a couple of million. 
  • Options
    2 million may not bother him, but giving him £400 bothers thousands.

Napm
  • Options
    The protests over here have been done to death and I can’t see the point now - people going over there however, good on them, it has an affect on him - my protest however will be a boycott til he’s gone - benefit of the doubt, 2 years to get back up etc etc all long gone now - he wants too much and is dragging is further into the mire the longer he stays - it’s gone beyond throwing things on pitch to attract attention - nobody is in any doubt or needs to be made aware of what s wrong un he is - everybody knows 
  • Options
    As I understand it, CARD is calling on supporters not to buy season tickets yet, not demanding they don't with sanctions or criticism. Fair enough surely. If you disagree, buy your season ticket. I do agree and won't.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:
    iainment said:

And the good news is that you can do all of the above and still support CARD by not renewing until the last minute.
    Which is exactly what I said I would do in my first post on this thread...
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Some depressing stuff on this thread. 

I’ll simply add that anyone who is “anti” any group (CARD or otherwise) that is giving up it’s time and energy to oppose Roland Duchatelet, can f right off. And then f right off again.

He is the enemy, not the fans who are trying to make him sell up and let us rebuild. 
    Personally I was talking about an effort to unite the fans, I don't think your comment is helpful as it just causes a bigger divide. You're right, he is the enemy, so why not try and do something that unites even the biggest critics? Telling other fans to F off isn't the answer mate.
  • Options
    We have tried boycotting (although I didn’t much) and it hasn’t worked. As others have said, the revenue from tickets isn’t enough to force Roland to sell. He’s clearly a spiteful wanker otherwise he would cut his losses and reduce his price. 

I didnt agree with the criminal damage but it does force a reaction. I’m not sure what the answer is anymore but I don’t think a boycott is going to work, if anything it will just harm the team further. 
    Nobody understands RD - he defies conventional logic. He's losing money on a club he doesn't care about yet is too stubborn to sell unless he achieves his ridiculous asking price. The longer he owns the club the more he devalues it.

The only way to make him sell seems to be to physically force him to sign a sale document.

I remain genuinely concerned at what bizarre exit strategy he will come up with. 
    Could we get him Hypnotised
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    TEL said:
    Davo55 said:
    Some depressing stuff on this thread. 

I’ll simply add that anyone who is “anti” any group (CARD or otherwise) that is giving up it’s time and energy to oppose Roland Duchatelet, can f right off. And then f right off again.

He is the enemy, not the fans who are trying to make him sell up and let us rebuild. 
    Personally I was talking about an effort to unite the fans, I don't think your comment is helpful as it just causes a bigger divide. You're right, he is the enemy, so why not try and do something that unites even the biggest critics? Telling other fans to F off isn't the answer mate.
    Sorry @TEL, my comments weren't aimed at you or anyone on here in particular. I was referring to those who have done nothing themselves but just sit back and bitch about fans/groups who are giving up their own time, energy and often money to try to put pressure on Duchatelet to sell up. I stand by my comment in relation to those.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I'm really growing tired of all this and the ever widening division between us, the bickering fans.

At the heart, is the club, Charlton Athletic, a club we loved or did love but because of the ongoing chaos, that love is waining for some.

At times, I feel the very existence of our club is at stake, or at least that's how it feels to me.

But as usual, all we do, as the late Mark Hollis would say is, All you do to me is Talk Talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdADI3VmBew

I honestly believe the talking should stop and action begin, whatever it takes to get this lunatic and his associates out of OUR club, be it legal or illegal.
  • Options
    I'm really growing tired of all this and the ever widening division between us, the bickering fans.

At the heart, is the club, Charlton Athletic, a club we loved or did love but because of the ongoing chaos, that love is waining for some.

At times, I feel the very existence of our club is at stake, or at least that's how it feels to me.

But as usual, all we do, as the late Mark Hollis would say is, All you do to me is Talk Talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdADI3VmBew

I honestly believe the talking should stop and action begin, whatever it takes to get this lunatic and his associates out of OUR club, be it legal or illegal.
    This. 
    Love that song too.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I honestly don't think he'll care. 
    I think we have seen enough to assume it will irritate him. His image is important to him, otherwise he wouldn't be talking to Talk Sport.
  • Options
    If he cares about money he will care about a couple of million. 
    Naturally he would prefer it in his pocket, but his main aim is finding someone as stupid as him to match his valuation of the club. 
  • Options
    iainment said:
    "please do not renew until CARD say you may."

None of us need CARD's permission.

We are being asked, not told, what to do.

I welcome and agree with CARD's statement but will make my own decision to again not buy a season ticket or home match tickets.

Still willing to take freebies though

The above comment is spot on for some people.