Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meet Naby Sarr & Patrick Bauer

Comments

• Options
    Is there anyone there??
  • Options
    I'm here :wink:
  • Options
    Knock twice if there is.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I have to go into town from Maze Hill now, but I'm sorely tempted to take a small detour 
    Wouldn't that be in breach of the restraining order Naby took out on you?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Oh gosh! I'm going to be there myself in a minute! How exciting 
    I'm off..
  • Options
    I got them to sign my book! Lovely chaps both :)
  • Options
    My notebook, not the book I wrote, although it is World Book Day so maybe that'd have been very slightly less wanky than it sounds 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Nice fellas

Which one is you, Baldybonce?

He's the one kneeling down  ;).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard to tell with them all wearing hats!
  • Options
    Well, I am actually glad some people went and made it. They both seem like good guys, Naby especially has had much praise for how nice he is.

I do find it odd still to be hanging around the train station, but what isn’t strange with our club at the moment.

Let’s hope Pat and Naby can spot any danger on Saturday the same way they spotted the trains this evening. :smiley:
  • Options
    Never been more jealous of posters on here in my life!!!!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Never been more jealous of posters on here in my life!!!!
    I got a picture with Varney and Hudson when they were in the shop Charlton used to have in Bexleyheath, bet that makes you well jel @SDAddick haha
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Nice fellas

It was surprising just how big the two of them are.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Sage said:
    Well, I am actually glad some people went and made it. They both seem like good guys, Naby especially has had much praise for how nice he is.

I do find it odd still to be hanging around the train station, but what isn’t strange with our club at the moment.

Let’s hope Pat and Naby can spot any danger on Saturday the same way they spotted the trains this evening. :smiley:
    I was working 5 minutes away so it was no big deal for me but perhaps it would have been better in Greenwich or Woolwich town centres.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Took my 8 year old along to meet our gentlemen centre-backs. Patrick seemed very shy to me. Nice chaps, yes, but did look like they were wondering what the hell they were doing there. Still, my lad was delighted to meet them.

Meant to be promoting the Pompey game but the only leaflets they had available were for the Youth Club relaunch and the women's game next Weds. *rolls eyes*

Agreed, the conversation was a bit awkward but these things work better for the young kids   who love to meet their heroes in person.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I said a quick hello on way to the ground for last nights Charlton Live. @LouisMend had a brief chat on his future, and played on last nights pod.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84890/charlton-live-big-match-preview-podcast-out-bauer-exclusive-plus-bowyer-cullen-ahead-of-pompey#latest
  • Options
    Nice fellas
    Shame the club couldn’t also supply the players with CAFC branded headgear as well. At least the chap standing in the pothole made the effort and wore beany hat with the sword.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Nice fellas

It was surprising just how big the two of them are.
    Yes mate, I agree, I was on the train with them back from Bradford to Leeds for their connection last season. Also spoke to Naby at a time when he was not a cult hero, a very approachable, polite young man.
  • Options
    All very interesting, but just out of interest was the train behind running on time?

Nope... that's why Patrick Bauer looks so shocked

"Zee train is 10minutes late...? - You vouldn't get zis in ze Deutschland!!"

• Options
    Sage said:

Yes, Naby did seem the more comfortable of the two. It was hard to gauge their reaction when I said: "I know the club's a mess, but you guys are great." Am sure there was a flicker of recognition though.
  • Options
    Sadly, if we don't get promotion, both will be gone next season.
  • Options
    Sadly, if we don't get promotion, both will be gone next season.
    Only if someone comes in with a bid for Naby because he is under contract until 2020.
  • Options
    Which somebody is going to do if he keeps playing like he is.
  • Options
    Which somebody is going to do if he keeps playing like he is.
    It's a possibility but not a probability.  ;)
  • Options
    In which case we lose either way :(
  • Options
    In which case we lose either way :(
    Who knows, there are imponderables such as promotion and or change of ownership which could affect the situation.