Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum part deux - Mon 4 March 2019

Comments

• Don’t get me wrong. I thank the members of the fans forum for giving up their time for the benefit of fans. It’s a thankless task but I do think that it’s time for those fans representing us to show some grit when dealing with the club. These people running the club are in the main but certainly not all taking advantage of the seemingly unending goodwill and patience of us fans. Stand up and start laying down a few conditions of your own. 
    I appreciate that the representatives are giving up their own time but have to agree with SHG. 

It just seems to be a box-ticking exercise for the club at the moment. 

Why make it easy for them? They should be in a position whereby they are taken out of their comfort zone and cannot just provide the same answers at virtually every meeting. 

It just seems too easy for them at the moment. 

• The minutes are being checked this evening by two of those present and should be available very soon
    And is that because the issue was raised here and someone chased the Club or is it just coincidence, which if claimed it is, I just don’t buy.
  • Be the agenda setters.Tell them mins out in 48 hours or the Fans put them out into the cyber world without the clubs agreement
  • minutes will be available 48-72 hrs
    Are we supposed to take any notice of you?
  • What happens if the FF put out their version after 24hours ?

do the club ban them ? 
  • stonemuse said:
    Don’t get me wrong. I thank the members of the fans forum for giving up their time for the benefit of fans. It’s a thankless task but I do think that it’s time for those fans representing us to show some grit when dealing with the club. These people running the club are in the main but certainly not all taking advantage of the seemingly unending goodwill and patience of us fans. Stand up and start laying down a few conditions of your own. 
    I appreciate that the representatives are giving up their own time but have to agree with SHG. 

It just seems to be a box-ticking exercise for the club at the moment. 

Why make it easy for them? They should be in a position whereby they are taken out of their comfort zone and cannot just provide the same answers at virtually every meeting. 

It just seems too easy for them at the moment. 

It might be a box ticking exercise for them, but it does stop them from playing the “we like better communication but the fans won’t engage with us” card. 

At at least we can say we do talk to them, but they just talk bollocks. 
  • The minutes are being checked this evening by two of those present and should be available very soon
    Any news? Can you define ‘very soon’? Are they ‘imminent’?
  • Sponsored links:

• New owners want to sign them off, as soon as that has happened they will be released.
  • What about holding a demo outside the ground whist the meeting is taking place, wouldn't  'affect the game' then. Could get JW and SJ to come down too!!!.
  • edited March 2019
    The readers “will have to get creative to reach the valuation” of those who took the notes. The current price is £70 pounds for their release. The “customers” can pay 1/2 now but the note taker demands to keep the paper and pens until the remainder is paid. Or, he will release the notes for £1, but he gets to keep the website it is posted on.
    2 weeks I heard, but then I know FA.
  • How many ‘F’s’ in minutes?

there is no F in minutes and there is no F in takeover
  • I imagine that the real reason for the delay may be that Steve Gallen was rather clever in the way he named Thomas Driesen as still needing to sign off on players bought while some of SGs pragmatic comments about having to shop in league 1 and league 2 next season may not be as positive as the regime would like.

As a result the fans may not be as happy to sign off the version of the meeting that the club would like to put out.

My speculation, of course.
    It's probably this.
  • Beyond a joke now
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    I imagine that the real reason for the delay may be that Steve Gallen was rather clever in the way he named Thomas Driesen as still needing to sign off on players bought while some of SGs pragmatic comments about having to shop in league 1 and league 2 next season may not be as positive as the regime would like.

As a result the fans may not be as happy to sign off the version of the meeting that the club would like to put out.

That makes no sense as the Driesen / recruitment stuff has already been published by the club.

Given they were talking about pricing it’s far more likely the club doesn’t want to share the discussion it had on this issue ahead of putting its own spin on the price increases.
    ?
  • edited March 2019
    Full notes here,apparently, hidden as much as possible on club website.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/uploads/1a739b721d97d5ab1da96347c7e8f23e

• clive said:
    Full notes here,apparently, hidden as much as possible on club website.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/uploads/1a739b721d97d5ab1da96347c7e8f23e

Lol, seriously?

Is that it?

That took two and a half weeks to concoct?

• That is not impressive. 
  • What a waste of time 
  • really? Two and a half weeks for that? Not impressed.
  • Who is Alex Avery ?
  • Who is Alex Avery ?
    Database and Marketing Coordinator
  • edited March 2019
    I imagine that the real reason for the delay may be that Steve Gallen was rather clever in the way he named Thomas Driesen as still needing to sign off on players bought while some of SGs pragmatic comments about having to shop in league 1 and league 2 next season may not be as positive as the regime would like.

That makes no sense as the Driesen / recruitment stuff has already been published by the club.

Given they were talking about pricing it’s far more likely the club doesn’t want to share the discussion it had on this issue ahead of putting its own spin on the price increases.

It makes no sense at all as apparently no such thing was ever discussed.

In fact, according to the minutes, Steve Gallen (SG) didn't make any form of meaningful contribution to the meeting whatsoever. Was he actually even there?