Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum part deux - Mon 4 March 2019

Comments

• Options
    Is Dreisden just a spotty kid that plays football manager in his bedroom. 
    This
  • Options
    We are proper fecked.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    So we had a fans forum mon night.Now tues afternoon.  What are trying to cover up??
    Nothing but agree there could have something said.

Spoke to the Bromley Addicks rep who said very little said about takeover and certainly nothing new. LdT loyally trotting out the RD party line about the EFL to universal disagreement and derision from FF reps.

Lots on the transfer window from our defacto director of football Steve Gallen.

Too much for me to summarize but hope it will be in the minutes and soon.
    What's with the beef between Razil and Henry? 

Henry suffers from a bad case of "small cock syndrome". Plus he has ginger pubes.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Rudders22 said:
    So we had a fans forum mon night.Now tues afternoon.  What are trying to cover up??

Spoke to the Bromley Addicks rep who said very little said about takeover and certainly nothing new. LdT loyally trotting out the RD party line about the EFL to universal disagreement and derision from FF reps.

Henry suffers from a bad case of "small cock syndrome". Plus he has ginger pubes.
    This is classic post flagism. 
  • Options
    I said it last week. We are in big big trouble. I think this season is the best and possibly only chance we will get at promotion for quite some time. The squad next season will be mid table league one at best. 
    I don’t think we are in big trouble, which is actually worse. We will keep dripping along, slowly but surely shrinking, losing another generation. We’ll be funded enough to ‘compete’, but never well run or progressive enough to move forward and by the time it gets really serious the vast majority of the heart and passion for the club would have faded, if not gone completely to most.

i agree with you on this season.

Which is what Roly has been aiming for since day one. Looks like he will succeed.
  • Options
    It's particularly unlucky that the people around RD are so gutless. 

We know Murray and LDT will do nothing other than toe the party line.  However, there must (mustn't there?) be a few financial advisers and accountants in RD's team who could do the maths for him.  What is going on there?  Are they yes men afraid to speak the truth, or simply rather cleverly/cynically preserving their own jobs? 
  • Options

We know Murray and LDT will do nothing other than toe the party line.  However, there must (mustn't there?) be a few financial advisers and accountants in RD's team who could do the maths for him.  What is going on there?  Are they yes men afraid to speak the truth, or simply rather cleverly/cynically preserving their own jobs? 
    Well it’s unsurprising that LdT toes the part line. He is on the payroll. I don’t particularly see this as a problem. At least we know where we stand. As for Murray. That’s a different kettle of fish altogether. It’s high time he got involved and applied some vocal pressure on Duchatelet. If Murray was to speak to the press it would be reported and would have an impact. His silence is inexcusable.
  • Options

Well it’s unsurprising that LdT toes the part line. He is on the payroll. I don’t particularly see this as a problem. At least we know where we stand. As for Murray. That’s a different kettle of fish altogether. It’s high time he got involved and applied some vocal pressure on Duchatelet. If Murray was to speak to the press it would be reported and would have an impact. His silence is inexcusable.
    Apologies, but it’s tow. Toe the party line sounds oddly perverted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Rudders22 said:

More importantly, how does he know?
    Maybe his partner told him : - )
  • Options
    It would explain the recruitment of Anal Cock and Rod Fanny 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    And T Watt
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    rikofold said:
    And T Watt
    And Nobby Sore
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Rudders22 said:

That cross-eyed bird told me
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Rudders22 said:

I don't believe Mrs Irving is cross eyed.

I think it's just a stigmatism.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    JamesSeed said:

I've backed you in the past James, but on this you are just plain wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toe_the_line

Which has now got me thinking about what else you may have been wrong about in the past ....

That’s interesting. I’m just trying to work out how many times I’ve got it wrong in the past! (Actually, can’t remember using bit before). Will click the Wiki link to see where the expression comes from. 
    I’ve never been wrong about anything in the past of course. Well, not Naby taking free kicks at least ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Sorry James, it really isn't "tow the line".  The allegory isn't about anything getting pulled, not even your leg.
    Current usage of "toe the line" has moved a long way from its origins, but toe it most certainly is.
    The historical reference is to boxing, of the backstreet bare knuckle prize-fighting kind.  The line was scratched in the dirt in the middle of the 'ring', such as it was (just a ring of spectators), both combatants had to place a toe on the line to commence hostilities.  "To toe the line" came to be used as 'obeying the rules',  nowadays it is closer to 'sticking to the script' or 'being a lickspittle to a deluded, vindictive, old scumbag'.

Aspects of life as a Charlton fan are ever more grim as each day passes but at least this forum enriches and educates those who care to partake.
    Absolutely brilliant. Live and learn (although it’s dawning on me that I probably knew this once). 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Please check to see if you are right to “correct” someone !
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Too right. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Off_it said:
    Addickted said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    Rudders22 said:

I don't believe Mrs Irving is cross eyed.

I think it's just a stigmatism.
    I've explained before, it's not stigmata you have, just too much onanism have made your palms sore.
  • Options

I agree re Murray. I was merely wondering how RD's finance team present the figures to him?  I assume their role is to advise on how to maximise profits ... or minimise the loss.  Maybe they'd lose the account if he sold Charlton.  
  • Options
    One of RD’s core arguments is that it is only a few fans who have a problem with him. He said it again last week on talkSPORT. Just like Ron Noades famously claimed in the Sunday Times in about 1988 that most Charlton fans didn’t want to return to The Valley because they preferred Selhurst Park.

Things like season tickets play into Roly’s narrative and low early sales are known to have upset him in previous years. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Too right. 
    I think you will find that you should have said 'two right'. Too right is just plain weird.

😉
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Too right. 
    I think you will find that you should have said 'two right'. Too right is just plain weird.

😉
    Surely it’s “to right”?
    ;-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Too right. 

😉
    Toe right!