Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Flint RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Genuine RIP for me

Seen them so many times over the years in the UK and abroad

Not the most surprising death of all time considering the amount of drugs he has taken but still very sad 

Mental helath is a killer

RIP 
  • Options
    Not my type of music but could tell he was a force of nature as a performer.

Far too young

RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Firestarter video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw&feature=youtu.be

Just watched this again for the first time in about 10/15 years. It really is such an iconic video.
    Fat of the Land was good, but personally thought Music for the Jilted Generation was better.
    Never loved them, but always liked them.
    Real shame.  :(
  • Options
    Not a fan...but Christ he was a top front man for a generation!
    Also he was mega quick on a sports bike, ran his own championship winning super sports team, bumped into him a few times at Brands Hatch.
    The racing world as well as the music world is in mourning today for a top fella with a huge personality !
    RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Flinty. Very sad day.
  • Options
    Firestarter video:

Just watched this again for the first time in about 10/15 years. It really is such an iconic video.
    Fat of the Land was good, but personally thought Music for the Jilted Generation was better.
    An amazing video - he captured the spirit of punk and brought it to a new generation. Breathe and Firestarter were two of the great tracks of the 90s and need to be played at maximum volume.
  • Options
    RIP Keith
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very sad miss musically. RIP
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Firestarter video:

Fat of the Land had a bit more commercial appeal, but Jilted Generation is their definitive album imho. Both cracking albums though.
  • Options
    Jilted... is just pure invention, but not really a band effort, it's Liam Howletts tour de force, it's with Fat... that it becomes more of a band effort and the vocals come in.
  • Options
    RIP Keith

Although I was brought up in Chelmsford, I don't have a 'I knew Keith story.' 
    One of the few (me neither!). That said, I saw them at the "home of radio" at V97. Proper Essex knees up. Blur headlined the second night. We'll gloss over the fact that I left after four songs to see the Bluetones.

Firestarter was one of my few karaoke tracks, just before I tried to drink a yard and was sick. What a 19th birthday.

But, part of the cultural fabric. Which probably annoyed him!
  • Options
    Was lucky to see The Prodigy a few times in 1996 and 1997 at their peak (Phoenix, Knebworth and Brixton Academy) and Keith was a brilliant focal point for the audience although obviously Liam Howlett was the musical genius. RIP Keith - a real icon for us 90s kids.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Abso gutted with this awful news...,raving legend that bought some smiley faces & some much needed (harmless) controversy to the mainstream...🙂,RIP to a musical pioneer...

• Options

RIP

• Options
    Sad News RIP. 

I hear he was always planning on ending ending his own life when he “was done” it’s sad that someone of 49 years old with so much to live for can think their life is done. Depression is a bitch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad News RIP. 

I hear he was always planning on ending ending his own life when he “was done” it’s sad that someone of 49 years old with so much to live for can think their life is done. Depression is a bitch!
    I just hope others will reach out for help if they're feeling as low as he was. It's a tragic end to his life and I hope he's found peace.

• Options
    rina said:
    Keith at Chelmsford Central parkrun on Saturday. goes to show you often can't tell what's going on with someone based on outside appearances

It's so sad he suffered in silence yet appeared fine on the outside, this photo really brings home what a bitch mental illness is. 
    I met Keith a few times and he was an utterly lovely unassuming bloke, he was happy to chat and made sure he knew everyones names despite us just bumping into him in a pub.  I'm so glad this impromptu meeting gave me the opportunity to thank him for making the music I grew up with which has given me so many great nights and amazing memories.
    RIP Keith Flint :-(
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:
    Saw them at their comeback gig in Brixton c. 2006. Unbelievable live performers. 

RIP
    I was at that gig also saw them in the late 90s previously at Brixton both gigs were amazing. They were so good live.
    I remember them from their rave beginngs with the 'Out of space' and 'Charly'. Many happy times courtesy of Keith.
    RIP