Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sergio Ramos...

Comments

• 25 career red cards
    Could probably be double that if the refs picked up on the rest of the stuff he does. He is a great player but cant stand him. Horrible the way he goes about his business where he tries to injure people yet cant take it himself.  Would love him to have come up against someone like Mick Harford and see how tough he really is
  • When we signed Thatcher I thought he was just what we needed to stay up; a horrible bastard who would do anything and everything to stop us from losing matches and going down. As it turned out he wasn't much of a full back, just a real bell-end. I was not sad when he left.
  • Bet he's regretting that booking now....
  • He’ll miss the first group game next year if they get knocked out LOL.
  • So, Ramos fans, what do you think now? What a trumped-up berk. I mean if he is half as good as you all claim, there's no way Ajax would have turned them over last night.

Personally, made my day. Couldn't happen to a bigger arsehole, and it's great to see Ajax, the original architects of the Beautiful Game in Europe, back in the big time
    I mean, he didn't play last night as he was suspended, and his replacement ended up getting sent off, so yeah I'm not sure you can blame last night's loss on him in that way, though he can be blamed because he didn't play I guess... 
  • So, Ramos fans, what do you think now? What a trumped-up berk. I mean if he is half as good as you all claim, there's no way Ajax would have turned them over last night.

Personally, made my day. Couldn't happen to a bigger arsehole, and it's great to see Ajax, the original architects of the Beautiful Game in Europe, back in the big time
    If he's to blame for last nights loss, then you must be suggesting him playing would have made the difference, so he must be pretty good.

If he's to blame for last nights loss, then you must be suggesting him playing would have made the difference, so he must be pretty good.
    Not my claim mate. The claim of the Ramos fan-boys:  I mean if he is half as good as you all claim, there's no way Ajax would have turned them over last night.

A normal footballer and a normal club leave it to the Head Coach to decide if a key player can be rested for tactical reasons. Ramos decided to take the decision himself, and did it by deliberately breaking a law of the game. His cynicism was noticed and punished. 

Many people on here have never forgiven Danny Mills for similar behaviour which had far lesser consequences. Let's see whether those wonderful Real fans will stop abusing Bale now and turn their wrath on him. 

Anyway, they're out, he's out, and the UCL is the better for it, IMO.

The Ajax of Cruyff, Neeskens, Krol etc... were certainly a joy to watch, but I think the Real Madrid side of the late 50s with Di Stefano and Puskas might lay claim to that plaudit. 

Not my claim mate. The claim of the Ramos fan-boys:  I mean if he is half as good as you all claim, there's no way Ajax would have turned them over last night.

A normal footballer and a normal club leave it to the Head Coach to decide if a key player can be rested for tactical reasons. Ramos decided to take the decision himself, and did it by deliberately breaking a law of the game. His cynicism was noticed and punished. 

Many people on here have never forgiven Danny Mills for similar behaviour which had far lesser consequences. Let's see whether those wonderful Real fans will stop abusing Bale now and turn their wrath on him. 

Anyway, they're out, he's out, and the UCL is the better for it, IMO.
    It's a bit of an assumption that the booking hadn't been discussed with the head coach though, he's certainly not the first player to do it, the clearly though the 2nd leg would be a walk in the park.

Like you I'm very glad they got it wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• How many times has he been nominated for Ballon d'Or or been in the Team Of The Year/Season in La Liga/UEFA/FIFA too? 

He may be dirty and underhanded, but you know what, he's bloody good at football too
  • Found a couple of stats

In the FIFPRO World XI 9 times, third on the all time list and a record for a defender

In the UEFA team of the year 8 times, again third all time and a record for a defender

Named La Ligas best defender a record 5 times

Only player alongside Messi to score in 15 consecutive La Liga seasons

Scored more goals for Spain than Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc Fabregas to name a few
  • Struggling to think of many more memorable Champions League performances than Tadic's last night, absolutely took the piss
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Ramos is a fantastic footballer, of that there's no doubt.

But it's also possible to be a fantastic footballer who doesn't feel the need to stamp elbow his assertion on the game the way he does.

I don't care that he's a brilliant defender. He can do one and I am so, SO glad that he chose to get suspended for last night and Real got absolutely dicked on.

Ajax are playing the Beautiful Game the way it should be played.
    This sums him up perfectly, it's impossible to dispute he is a world class footballer, it's also impossible to dispute he's an 'orriblr #%&@.

• Incredibly bad season for Real Madrid. Not sure Ramos deserves all the negative comments on here. He's a quality defender, who like most in his trade, put themselves about a bit. The nonsense he got in last season's CL Final was ridiculous. Hala Madrid !
  • Plus anyone that’s hated that much by the bin dippers is fine by me
  • Spanish said:

Incredibly bad season for Real Madrid. Not sure Ramos deserves all the negative comments on here. He's a quality defender, who like most in his trade, put themselves about a bit. The nonsense he got in last season's CL Final was ridiculous. Hala Madrid !
    Getting Cuadrado sent off when the game was already won the year before was worse.
  • Spanish said:

Incredibly bad season for Real Madrid. Not sure Ramos deserves all the negative comments on here. He's a quality defender, who like most in his trade, put themselves about a bit. The nonsense he got in last season's CL Final was ridiculous. Hala Madrid !
    Well, like I said before Jorge Costa put himself about a bit, but he didn't seek to injure people. Ramos deliberately injures people that fans most want to pay to see, such as Salah. Ramos fucked up an entire nation's World Cup, and to what purpose?  Most of all, Costa didn't constantly fake fouls on him. He's a defender, not someone who needs to defend himself (e.g Neymar, Zaha, etc). 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Spanish said:

Well, like I said before Jorge Costa put himself about a bit, but he didn't seek to injure people. Ramos deliberately injures people that fans most want to pay to see, such as Salah. Ramos fucked up an entire nation's World Cup, and to what purpose?  Most of all, Costa didn't constantly fake fouls on him. He's a defender, not someone who needs to defend himself (e.g Neymar, Zaha, etc). 
    I’m sorry but what?lol. You think Ramos, playing in a Champions League final, marking one of the worlds most in form players gives a fuck about Egypt’s World Cup hopes!!?

If a professional footballer cared about something like that, then they wouldn’t be very successful, or in fact a pro for very long.

Ramos won another Champions League medal, job done.
  • edited March 2019
    Spanish said:

The best defender I've seen in the modern game was a true professional and did not need to deliberately set out to hurt players, or whinge and moan at everything that didn't go his way. He didn't roll around on the floor as if shot whenever someone got within 6 feet of him. He has the record number of caps for his country and he lifted a World Cup - and won the Balon d'or.

Ramos is a very good player but not the best, and an absolute asshole to boot. He is not fit to tie Fabio Cannavaro's boot laces.

• Spanish said:

Pretty sure Egypt wouldn't have done much at the world cup even if Salah was fully fit. He scored in 2 of their games and they still lost.
  • edited March 2019
    Spanish said:

I’m sorry but what?lol. You think Ramos, playing in a Champions League final, marking one of the worlds most in form players gives a fuck about Egypt’s World Cup hopes!!?

If a professional footballer cared about something like that, then they wouldn’t be very successful, or in fact a pro for very long.

I’m pretty sure the opposite was implied. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself.
  • edited March 2019
    Spanish said:

I’m pretty sure the opposite was implied. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself.
    Exactly, Callum. And right on cue...

• Didn't he fall out with Mourinho too?  Could see him leaving if Mourinho comes back in.
  • Ramos is a great player, but he is also a habitual cheat. He has had a long run of getting away with things, including injuring Salah in the Champions League, but lately it has backfired. His cheating probably cost Spain in the World cup and this couldn't have helped Real Madrid. He probably thought cheats do prosper but what goes around, comes around.
  • Spanish said:

Exactly, Callum. And right on cue...

No player is bigger than the club but Ramos has every right to criticise Perez, he’s having a right shitter at the moment.
  • Also those tattoos are terrible.
  • When I saw fans crying in the crowd after Ajax beat them, my first thought was, you should try supporting Charlton.