Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest against Roland at the Portsmouth match

Comments

• Needs to be Belgium needs to be specifically targeted to him 

follow him playing trumpets if you like or just a big contingent walking behind in front alongside him, his family his friends everywhere he goes for the whole time your there until the next set of fans turn up and take over from the first , step and repeat until the rat can’t take a shit or his friends and family are screaming at him and the fans to stop 

he is close real close to cracking 

And your evidence for that is?
  • edited March 2019
    addick05 said:
    Needs to be Belgium needs to be specifically targeted to him 

follow him playing trumpets if you like or just a big contingent walking behind in front alongside him, his family his friends everywhere he goes for the whole time your there until the next set of fans turn up and take over from the first , step and repeat until the rat can’t take a shit or his friends and family are screaming at him and the fans to stop 

Let's see now...ermmmm,Talksport,(WIOT)OS,Daily Mail,Sun Interview,Katrine Meire,EFL to start....(huh)

Or was I being whooshed...🤔
  • I like Meldrew66 suggestion of Roland Rats on the pitch. It would only disrupt the game for a few minutes but would attract huge media coverage, especially after his bonkers message this week. I think Bowyer and the players would be sympathetic to a short disruption. And of course followed by constant Roland Out chants throughout the game! 
  • addick05 said:
    Needs to be Belgium needs to be specifically targeted to him 

Let's see now...ermmmm,Talksport,(WIOT)OS,Daily Mail,Sun Interview,Katrine Meire,EFL to start....(huh)

Or was I being whooshed...🤔

Thing is, he always comes out with this sort of drivel when he agrees to speak to the media (especially on the radio).  He hits out at all and sundry which makes him sound completely delusional. BUT, still wouldn't be sure that he's 'cracking'.
  • Pretty much everyone on CL has decided that RD s a loony - and I agree. Mad and holding all the cards. So what good is going to be done by provoking a nutter? Poke a stick at Nero and he'll let Rome burn. I'm all for action but only if I can see tangible results and, frankly, the stuff in Belgium has not achieved much more than some eccentric behaviour from RD. OK, it's obvious that some people on here are so hyped up that they don't seem to care about outcomes, merely want to vent their anger fruitlessly. But.....
  • You can't have a policy of appeasing a mad man and hoping he won't do anything! We have a gun to our heads because he is mad and we have to do what we can to get rid. We may not be successful but we have to try!
  • You can't have a policy of appeasing a mad man and hoping he won't do anything! We have a gun to our heads because he is mad and we have to do what we can to get rid. We may not be successful but we have to try!
    Supposing he's so far gone, he fires?
  • Nadou said:
    You can't have a policy of appeasing a mad man and hoping he won't do anything! We have a gun to our heads because he is mad and we have to do what we can to get rid. We may not be successful but we have to try!
    So you’re suggesting a policy of absolute appeasement?
  • Nadou said:
    You can't have a policy of appeasing a mad man and hoping he won't do anything! We have a gun to our heads because he is mad and we have to do what we can to get rid. We may not be successful but we have to try!
    We have to try to get the gun off him. 
  • Nadou said:
    We have to try to get the gun off him. 
    Or shot first?
  • Sponsored links:

• The Valley protests already served their purpose: Katrien is gone.

More Valley protests do little to sway the Belgian maniac. He is far too disconnected from SE7 to care about a few plastic pigs or crisp packets etc.

From here on out, ALL protests MUST be in Belgium.

If you want to do a sit in protest at the Valley, by all means do so. Don’t be surprised though when it is effective as my sit in protest at home in Texas.
    I mentioned about protests at The Valley having had their time but...last week I watched Luton v Coventry and the Coventry fans did a sit-in at Luton after the game, not sure how long it lasted but it lasted long enough for it to be mentioned when the man of the match award was being presented and why the sit-in was happening.

I wouldn't be opposed to a sit-in after the match as it doesn't interrupt the match and will be guaranteed to be noted by Sky as well. They were quite sympathetic to the Coventry fans too. Non stop singing around the ground "We want Roland out" after the match until the Sky cameras go off air is something I would support.
  • Nadou said:
    Pretty much everyone on CL has decided that RD s a loony - and I agree. Mad and holding all the cards. So what good is going to be done by provoking a nutter? Poke a stick at Nero and he'll let Rome burn. I'm all for action but only if I can see tangible results and, frankly, the stuff in Belgium has not achieved much more than some eccentric behaviour from RD. OK, it's obvious that some people on here are so hyped up that they don't seem to care about outcomes, merely want to vent their anger fruitlessly. But.....
    I'm sorry but you really need to remove your head from your arse if you think that the activities in Belgium have not been successful. 
  • Sky will switch to the studio at the first sign of a pitch invasion.

• edited March 2019
    How about a massive “Fuck Off Roland” painted in the centre circle? 

NB - Make sure it is not the same style as those that appeared on his friend of a friend’s house. 
  • Crusty54 said:
    Sky will switch to the studio at the first sign of a pitch invasion.

But the studio has a glass background that looks on to the pitch? 
  • I think the only viable protest that won't disrupt the game is to keep it noisy. The commentary team will certainly discuss.
  • The Valley protests already served their purpose: Katrien is gone.

More Valley protests do little to sway the Belgian maniac. He is far too disconnected from SE7 to care about a few plastic pigs or crisp packets etc.

From here on out, ALL protests MUST be in Belgium.

If you want to do a sit in protest at the Valley, by all means do so. Don’t be surprised though when it is effective as my sit in protest at home in Texas.
    Remember The Alamo!
  • Nadou said:
    Pretty much everyone on CL has decided that RD s a loony - and I agree. Mad and holding all the cards. So what good is going to be done by provoking a nutter? Poke a stick at Nero and he'll let Rome burn. I'm all for action but only if I can see tangible results and, frankly, the stuff in Belgium has not achieved much more than some eccentric behaviour from RD. OK, it's obvious that some people on here are so hyped up that they don't seem to care about outcomes, merely want to vent their anger fruitlessly. But.....
    I'm sorry but you really need to remove your head from your arse if you think that the activities in Belgium have not been successful. 
    They've certainly provoked a reaction but how USEFUL has that reaction been to our cause?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    RD lookalike invades the pitch, persued by men in white coats. Benny Hill style. 
    You could do that without invading the pitch. Just run up and down the lower west. The cameras would pick it up.
  • Perhaps whatever happens in the way of a protest should contain a certain amount of humour? Remember the coffin protest? People (not Charlton supporters) often mention this when what's happening at The Valley crops up in conversation. 
  • not been to a home game this season, but I hear all the anti-Roland songs have stopped for a while now. Is that the case ? 
  • Off_it said:
    JamesSeed said:
    RD lookalike invades the pitch, persued by men in white coats. Benny Hill style. 
    You could do that without invading the pitch. Just run up and down the lower west. The cameras would pick it up.
    Or invade the pitch at the half time whistle while the cameras are still on live, but the match itself not disrupted. 
    Covered End Choir to sing the Benny Hill music. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Off_it said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Or invade the pitch at the half time whistle while the cameras are still on live, but the match itself not disrupted. 
    Covered End Choir to sing the Benny Hill music. 
    Obviously the participants would have to be young and spritely in order to invade capture. 

• I think the only viable protest that won't disrupt the game is to keep it noisy. The commentary team will certainly discuss.
    Will they?

Leeds fans last night reckon that the crowd volume was turned down and a generic noise was played everytime they sung a bad song.

Skysport wont want to upset their Jim White, I wouldnt be surprised if the second we sing any anti Roland song the crowd is turned down so u cant hear it
  • edited March 2019
    Nadou said:
    Nadou said:
    They've certainly provoked a reaction but how USEFUL has that reaction been to our cause?
    It is impossible to know how useful it has been but I have no doubt that helped him to come to his decision to sell the club. Unfortunately, the sale has no yet happened due, no doubt, to Roland's unrealistic expectations. It would appear to me that he needs further help to make him realise that getting the sale finalised is in his best interest. 
  • Why not have a old chap running around the stands chased by 2 guys wearing white coats, doesn't stop the game but might draw a bit of attention, especially if accompanied by "Roland Out !"