Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer charged by FA

Comments

• Options
    Has there ever been any cases of referees being charged with improper conduct for making so many mistakes?
  • Options
    Fuck em and the diseased pony they rode into town on. FA?  I shit em.
  • Options
    Why is it that the match officials are the only people that never get asked to explain their actions.Players get done,fans get banned,managers and coaches get done.Why are officials never bought to book,why was blind pugh not taken to task over flagging the arsenal forward offside,against Man u when he was 3 yards on.There are assessors in the stands,managers give their reports yet no one gets done.I could go on,why did no leeds players get booked in the first half when every counter attack by us was stopped by foull play,same thing with Birmingham,Really pissed off over this.
  • Options
    Referees and officlals these days are snowflakes.If a manager goes over the top,it is normally for a reason,why cant they man up and take the manager to the dressing room and talk about it,instead of firing off reports and wasting everyones time.Remember Ferguson after a game saying to the ref,"usual performance today,geoff,fucking useless".The old refs,Clive Thomas,Jack Taylor,and others would just engage in dialogue and probably accept they had made mistakes.Every week we see on TV players telling Linos to F--- Off,nothing gets done,as soon as manager swears,off goes the reports,no consistancy anywhere.
  • Options
    so big difference between getting wound up and saying

‘look ref there were four fing shocking decisions and how you managed to let those go god only knows, if I was a Charlton fan I’d be asking why all the decisions went against us.’

and

’Stroud, you are a c you’ve always been a c and you seem to have a problem with Charlton. If I had my way you’d be barred from refereeing. You and your f useless linesman on the offside for their goal cost us a win. Everyone can make mistakes but you make a habit of it. Have you ever thought of a profession where you don’t need to use professional judgement you c. I would because over tune more and more people will notice that you are blagging a living mate. My son could give better game control than you. 

How did you not protect Jonny Williams, no I’ll take that back, I know, it’s because you are a weak weak man with virtually no backbone and very little insight particularly under pressure. You made any bets on the game mate?’

lee then performs the universal sign of I’ve got your number mate. Raises right hand to eyes in a horizontal v, has a couple of sharp jabs  towards his eyes, reverses the direction to Stroud, then the assistant refs, stares at them all with a Paddington hard glare and strides  off.

Unfortunately, both liable to get a similar penalty 😂. Would love to see footage of the second version though. 

• Options
    Ok he may have swron at the ref on the pitch or in the tunnel. But what were wrong with his post match comments?
  • Options
    I was surprised there was little upset on here about the ref missing 2-3 penalty calls.  Not sutprised Bowyer was upset; so was I.
    I didn't think either of the 2 (the Aneke foul or the handball) were 100% clear cut. The Mane one against Leicester was a far worse decision
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I was surprised there was little upset on here about the ref missing 2-3 penalty calls.  Not sutprised Bowyer was upset; so was I.
    I felt that too - The one on Aneke where the ref gave a foul the other way was a typical ref bottle job. Refs will always get backing over managers. We have to accept it. I have never seen a ref cheat but I have seen a lot get things badly wrong. Players and managers get things wrong too, we all do in many ways, but I think managers should be able to point out when they think the ref has got it wrong. 

• Options
    Maybe  the assessors reports  should be made public or at least be made available to the  clubs. Not the case since the assessors are referees themselves and would not make honest comments about people they work with if they were made public. It takes a massive mistake for the FA even to recognise that a referee is wanting in their decision making ability. More power to VAR with managers having access to the reasoning behind decisions taken 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone said there are NO assessors in the Championship.
  • Options
    He appeared to be in the 4th officials ear a lot of the time for the Fulham game , if it would have been Parker yapping away at the 4th official constantly we'd have called him a whinging money grabbing twunt 
  • Options
    I think he was having a friendly chat. I also saw Parker having a similar chat.
  • Options
    It's a conspiracy. They're all out to get you. We can all see it.
  • Options
    Whether the ref or assistant refs were at fault is a moot point.

That shouldn't be used as a justification for swearing at or abusing the ref.  A mitigation perhaps but Bowyer isn't a kid, he's knows what he's allowed and not allowed to say.

IF the ref's report is accurate, and none of us know either way, then he deserves to be punished.

There is no conspiracy against Bowyer or Charlton.  Some posters are sounding like Millwall, Leeds or Liverpool fans with their "always the victims, it's never their fault" complexes.

He, maybe, swore at the ref, he'll get a fine and maybe a ban, big deal.  

Because he's a great manager and a great guy and because he's our manager doesn't automatically make him right and the ref wrong.
    Fine but where is the consistency, you clearly see players and coaches telling the refs to f... off when watching on TV and nothing ever happens.

• Options
    Whilst refs don't cheat and should never be accused of doing so, I know from first hand experience that some lie, or let's say embellish, in their reports. I think we shouldn't forget that we are talking about human beings with all the faults and weaknessess human beings possess.
  • Options
    Ok he may have swron at the ref on the pitch or in the tunnel. But what were wrong with his post match comments?
    Can't remember his exact words on SKY-  it was about the offside goal and wasn't exactly diplomatic. As soon as he said them I thought 'he'll be in trouble for that'. 
  • Options
    I thought so too, but the rub is, they were true words.
  • Options
    He said he just wish the officials would do their job properly,in this case he was dead right,that lino should have looked at the replay,admitted he missed the offside,gone to Bowyer and said"Sorry it was tight but I missed it".Be a man for gods sake,dont hide behind paperwork.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I was screwing. Bowyer was screwing. We are Bowyer. Bowyer is Charlton.
    To the tune of Rod Stewarts' "Sailing"?

Seriously, I haven't a clue what this means.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Can't remember his exact words on SKY-  it was about the offside goal and wasn't exactly diplomatic. As soon as he said them I thought 'he'll be in trouble for that'. 

"Referees have the hardest job in the world, I think," Bowyer said in his news conference.

"If he'd have given it, their manager would have said it wasn't a penalty. So, I don't know. It's one of those things.

"We didn't get the decision go our way today but big decisions start evening themselves out. A lot of times today 50/50 things we didn't get for whatever reason so it's disappointing, but if we keep working like that and playing like that, we'll be okay."

Not too much wrong with that I don't think.

• Options
    He said he just wish the officials would do their job properly,in this case he was dead right,that lino should have looked at the replay,admitted he missed the offside,gone to Bowyer and said"Sorry it was tight but I missed it".Be a man for gods sake,dont hide behind paperwork.
    And I think managers would respect officials more if more of them do this - some do and some don't. 
  • Options
    Mr Pot? We have a call from a Mr Kettle for you...  
  • Options
    You should be able to criticise the ref for a mistake in the same way you can criticise a player for missing an open goal. 
  • Options

Thanks, Mr Mallett, although I'm sure I've never claimed anyone is out to get us or that there is a conspiracy against us.

• Options

Thanks, Mr Mallett, although I'm sure I've never claimed anyone is out to get us or that there is a conspiracy against us.

Bring the keep net Carruthers, I have got a big one here...  
  • Options

Bring the keep net Carruthers, I have got a big one here...  

Pants down. Bring out the old cards. Claim of angling. Save face. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    Blimey, we are a sensitive little bunny this morning...  
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Blimey, we are a sensitive little bunny this morning...  

You come across as being very angry. There really is no need for it.

• Options
    You come across as very po-faced (today), hope that all is well in BBWland?