Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views; AFC Wimbledon v Charlton

Comments

• ross1 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    sam3110 said:
    Simonsen said:
    If we get a free-kick on the left side of the box, it won't be the best angle for Sarr to take, so we will have to find someone else. Wonder if Bielik or Taylor would be any good?
    Taylor took one quite recently, it was awful and he hasn't taken one since. Williams should have a decent free kick on him surely, or Aribo?
    Still Sarr for me, because he could whip in a mean cross, or even go for a surprise top left hand corner job. Or mash a low hard screamer. 
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c71927a7f5ce/bowyer-naby-will-be-on-free-kicks-again-next-week
    I'd have His Royal Sarrness on penalty kick duties as well.
  • Simonsen said:
    If we get a free-kick on the left side of the box, it won't be the best angle for Sarr to take, so we will have to find someone else. Wonder if Bielik or Taylor would be any good?
    No probs, BeckenSarr will just hit it with the outside of his left boot and go all Rivelino on us.

The form he's currently in he'd have such control of the ball it'd deliver a couple of pizzas before going into the top corner.
  • clb74 said:
    ross1 said:
    Well f@cking hurry up I've been backing us to score 4 goals all season 
    I keep predicting us to score 4 too.
  • clb74 said:
    ross1 said:
    Well f@cking hurry up I've been backing us to score 4 goals all season 
    @happyvalley has been saying it for at least 3 years :wink:
  • Has he? - I've never seen him predict it... ;)
  • Nice to reward our fans with the 3 points today. Stuck with us through some frustrating results recently and stuck by us once again today until the end! On to the next one now, enjoy the rest of your weekend #CAFC

• ross1 said:
    Bowyer's penchant for adult school uniforms is a little concerning
    Yes.  So glad i ain't the only one.  Always looks like he's just had a double maths lesson at a 1950's suburban grammar school.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    It is what it is.
  • He definitely never went to double Maths...
  • ross1 said:
    The amount of work being done on the pitch there behind lee bowyer , does anyone else use the ground surely Wimbledon can’t afford all that .
    anyone who was there or saw on feed was it a decent pitch , better than ours ??that is beginning to look like a ploughed field at the end of matches 
  • ross1 said:
    Yes.  So glad i ain't the only one.  Always looks like he's just had a double maths lesson at a 1950's suburban grammar school.
    Let’s be honest, Bowyer spent more time in detention than actual lessons. 
  • ross1 said:
    The amount of work being done on the pitch there behind lee bowyer , does anyone else use the ground surely Wimbledon can’t afford all that .
    anyone who was there or saw on feed was it a decent pitch , better than ours ??that is beginning to look like a ploughed field at the end of matches 
    Chelsea own the ground and their woman’s team play there. Chelsecpay for the pitch
  • edited February 2019
    One thing Fosu does, even when not at his very best is to draw fouls in dangerous positions. If we start with Aribo, Fosu, Taylor and Vetokele, I think that gives us enough threat.
  • ross1 said:
    Yeah, doesn't Phil Parkinson know where he left his jumper?

• I like to see a proper Charlton boss in a club tie and V-neck. Better than those purple shell-suits prefered by a certain obese former manager I might mention.
  • i thought we were rubbish the 1st half, and this lot are bottom of the league, seen a bit of social media afterwards about trouble afterwards, didn't see any myself? the letting people out at half time for a can from the offy was pretty funny aswell as home fans going out to get fish and chips. 
  • Take the 3 points but this was against league 1 bottom side
    Should have been comfortably 3-0 up by halftime against teams like that
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah but we're Charlton, we dont beat the team bottom of the League with ease

If anything it shows we dont lose to the team that finishes bottom very often

2017/18 - Bury: 1-1 | 1-0
    2016/17 - Chesterfield: 1-0 | 2-1
    2015/16 - Bolton Wanderers: 2-2 | 0-0 (Albeit we were relegated that year)
    2014/15 - Blackpool: 2-2 | 3-0
    2013/14 - Yeovil Town: 2-2 | 3-2
    2012/13 - Bristol City: 2-0 | 4-1
    2011/12 - Rochdale: 3-2 | 1-1
    2010/11 - Swindon Town: 2-4 | 3-0
    Remind me who lost 4-2 to Wimbledon recently? It was never going to be an easy fixture.

• I think they have picked up a bit to be fair. I didn't view it as an easy match to start with. But we showed when we had to chase it a bit IMO in the second half, the way forward. 
  • This is the time of year when desperate relegation threatened teams start to make a fight of it.

Formbook often goes out of the window.

• edited February 2019
    Just watched Igors goal again, it took a massive deflection off a defenders boot in an attempt to block it that caused it to loop up in the air and over the diving keeper. 

I think Igors initial header was going in anyways, he headed it firmly down and on target, the deflection actually took the power and pace out of the ball and gave the keeper a tiny chance of a save, but the way it looped over him meant he couldn't get to it. 
  • One advantage of standing with the Wimbledon fans in the rubbish dugout terrace alongside the pitch was I had a close up view of Lyle Taylor in the first half. Every time the ball came in his direction he was fouled. They’d run into the back of him, grab a handful of shirt and wrestle him off the ball. He was clearly determined not to get a yellow, so there was little retaliation. I don’t think he won a single free kick until the Naby special. In fact Bowyer took a yellow for him. 
    In the second half, I don’t know how because of the rubbish view, he started to dominate his markers. Helped change the game. 

The missed open goal: From my viewpoint it looked like he hit the ball into the ground and it bounced over the bar, rather than hitting the ball at Lapslie, as the Charlton Live crew thought @LouisMend
    Could be wrong of course - Will have to check the highlights.

And just wanted to put to put in a good word for Mark Marshall. As Sarr did, I think he would benefit from a run of games. One of his issues last season was that he wasn’t beating his full back, but seemed be doing that with ease during his last few appearances. The shot yesterday was only just over the bar, and I think he had a couple blocked. I feel more confident when he plays than I used to. Has to improve his crossing though. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    One advantage of standing with the Wimbledon fans in the rubbish dugout terrace alongside the pitch was I had a close up view of Lyle Taylor in the first half. Every time the ball came in his direction he was fouled. They’d run into the back of him, grab a handful of shirt and wrestle him off the ball. He was clearly determined not to get a yellow, so there was little retaliation. I don’t think he won a single free kick until the Naby special. In fact Bowyer took a yellow for him. 
    In the second half, I don’t know how because of the rubbish view, he started to dominate his markers. Helped change the game. 

The missed open goal: From my viewpoint it looked like he hit the ball into the ground and it bounced over the bar, rather than hitting the ball at Lapslie, as the Charlton Live crew thought @LouisMend

And just wanted to put to put in a good word for Mark Marshall. As Sarr did, I think he would benefit from a run of games. One of his issues last season was that he wasn’t beating his full back, but seemed be doing that with ease during his last few appearances. The shot yesterday was only just over the bar, and I think he had a couple blocked. I feel more confident when he plays than I used to. Has to improve his crossing though. 

I was in the same place next to the dugout in the home end , take it you weren't the one who jumped and down when the winner went in and got chased by a couple of stewards ??
  • JamesSeed said:
    One advantage of standing with the Wimbledon fans in the rubbish dugout terrace alongside the pitch was I had a close up view of Lyle Taylor in the first half. Every time the ball came in his direction he was fouled. They’d run into the back of him, grab a handful of shirt and wrestle him off the ball. He was clearly determined not to get a yellow, so there was little retaliation. I don’t think he won a single free kick until the Naby special. In fact Bowyer took a yellow for him. 

I was in the same place next to the dugout in the home end , take it you weren't the one who jumped and down when the winner went in and got chased by a couple of stewards ??
    No I kept quiet, and I was right behind the end of their dugout, right next to another fella keeping quiet. You weren’t wearing earbuds were you?