Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea Transfer Ban

Comments

• Options
    It'll be deferred by a year (as happened with Barcelona) - this will allow them to sack Sarri and give the incoming manager £300mil to spend before any ban kicks in.
  • Options
    Finally getting what they deserve! I hope it is upheld and they don't just sweep it under the rug
    As FIFA have been determined in getting it this far I doubt if they will rollover now.

I would like stronger and clearer rules on it all. The Premier league need reigning in.
  • Options
    Who did they poach from us other than Palmer?  What goes around, comes around.
    Charlie Colkett was another yet he's no longer there
  • Options
    Can Chelsea transfer out?
  • Options
    Can Chelsea transfer out?
    "The ban, until the end of January 2020, does not prevent the release of players and will not apply to their women's and futsal teams."
  • Options
    What a surprise - Chelsea in flagrant breach of the rules. As per the old pub on Plumstead Common: ‘Who’d ‘a’ Thought It’ ?

I really hope that this ban sticks and that other clubs who have been “at it” also get nobbled.

Pleased to see that the FA have also been fined. Rather like the EFL, they spend too much time toadying up to the Premier League instead of actually doing their job. Once in a while, they should have a look at their Articles of Association to remind themselves of their ostensible purpose.
  • Options
    Lickspittles...
  • Options
    I'll be amazed if it stands. Big clubs always escape punishment. 
  • Options
    Unless the whole football club are punted into the nearest black hole I ain't remotely interested in Chelski!
  • Options
    Somehow I think they will be given relief from this. If it were some middling team, they would probably find a way to deduct points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It'll be deferred by a year (as happened with Barcelona) - this will allow them to sack Sarri and give the incoming manager £300mil to spend before any ban kicks in.
    Exactly. They will appeal, which will mean the punishment postponed for one window, meaning they will be able to buy new players this summer, just as Barcelona and both Madrid clubs did recently.

They already have Pulisic coming in. 

A ban could work as a blessing for them, as it will mean they will have to look to their 100 youth players, and give some of them a go. The likes of Loftus-Cheek, Mount, Abraham will have to come in.
  • Options
    Real Madrid and Barcelona got done for this.

Not really small teams.
  • Options
    Chelsea had their appeal for the ban to be postponed whilst they appeal the decision rejected.

Chelsea will not be able to buy players this summer 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47500863
  • Options
    But they can still go to arbitration and appeal the appeal decision. We all know Chelsea will get to spend this window. They are rich.
  • Options
    Chelsea will appeal to CAS citing the example of the big 3 Spanish sides who all had their bans suspended for 1 window whilst they appealed. CAS will probably agree, and Chelsea will go crazy on transfers this summer.
  • Options
    Good. Teams like this think they can do whatever they like and not ever be punished. To even appeal this shows they don’t think they’ve done any wrongdoing.

Even if he is good for the Premier League, I hope Hazard leaves personally. Without him they’re going to be so much weaker. 
  • Options
    Bad new for Everton's chance of signing Kurt Zouma permanently!

I assume the likes of Kovacic and Higuain will go back and can't be loaned again as that would be considered a new transfer.
  • Options
    I hope they have enough players to fulfill their fixtures! 😉
  • Options
    Surely a frivolous appeal so the punishment should be extended to further windows? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also some of their own players currently on loan may get a chance to play for their parent club.
  • Options
    Doubtful it will be upheld IMO

No way were Fifa going to change their mind as it makes them look bad.

CAS however will, I believe FIFA rejected Barcelona and Madrids appeals but CAS approved them both
  • Options
    Boom. Appeal upheld. Ban starts with this window even if Chelsea appeals.
  • Options
    At least it might mean they play some of their young players instead of loaning them out. 
  • Options
    At least it might mean they play some of their young players instead of loaning them out. 
    Wonder if it kills off selling Hazard, as now they can't replace him.
  • Options
    nah, they'd lose him for nowt next summer so reckon they'll need to take the £80m odd now
  • Options
    nah, they'd lose him for nowt next summer so reckon they'll need to take the £80m odd now
    Deal done today according to BBC
  • Options
    Almost double I thought I read
  • Options
    Spanish press saying:

€100M fixed plus up to €30M in add ons.

Add ons include number of games he plays, trophies they win and if he wins the Balon D'or.