Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bad Company at the Valley

edited February 2019 in General Charlton
No, not watching a night game with @Addickted @AFKABartram and @Leuth but what I think is the band of that name at the Valley 18 May 1974.

Another photo from a big batch that have come into the museum. Credit to Tom Morris

Comments

• No, not watching a night game with @Addickted @AFKABartram and @Leuth but what I think is the band of that name at the Valley 18 May 1974.

Another photo from a big batch that have come into the museum. Credit to Tom Morris

Wow what a photo!

• JamesSeed said:
    No, not watching a night game with @Addickted @AFKABartram and @Leuth but what I think is the band of that name at the Valley 18 May 1974.

Wow what a photo!

If you look very hard you can see me in the middle of the crowd 
  • That is more in the middle with a red Charlton bobble hat on
  • JamesSeed said:

Wow what a photo!

I’m on the right just beyond the edge of that photo. 
  • JamesSeed said:

Wow what a photo!

Are you the one sitting next to the bloke in the green t-shirt?
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

Wow what a photo!

Are you the one sitting next to the bloke in the green t-shirt?
    That's me.
    Great spot James 😁
  • And what a group -Paul Rodgers one of the best voices of all time
    And a very very nice fella too, from what I've heard.
  • For anyone interested there is a video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9xqkVSTopo
    Haven't watched it - so not sure if its any good....

• edited February 2019
    I'm not in the photo.

To busy with a shovel for Paul Kossoff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    I'm not in the photo.

Are you sure the shovel wasn't for you, he was in Free with Paul R, not Bad Company.
  • Addickted said:
    I'm not in the photo.

Are you sure the shovel wasn't for you, he was in Free with Paul R, not Bad Company.
    Pretty sure he was there with Rogers and Kirke.
  • YouTube only has the audio from the gig by the looks of it.
  • If it is Bad Company (not 100% on that) then it's not Kossof as I didn't think he was ever in Bad Company.

And he died in 1976 so two years after this photo.

• edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    And what a group -Paul Rodgers one of the best voices of all time
    At the risk of getting a whoosh, is that a joke joke, James? I only ask because it seems to be universally agreed that he's a complete see you next Tuesday.
  • hawksmoor said:
    JamesSeed said:
    At the risk of getting a whoosh, is that an joke joke, James? I only ask because it seems to be universally agreed that he's a complete see you next Tuesday.
    Only after he joined Q***n
  • I'm in the pic
  • hawksmoor said:
    JamesSeed said:
    At the risk of getting a whoosh, is that a joke joke, James? I only ask because it seems to be universally agreed that he's a complete see you next Tuesday.
    Oh I didn't know that. One of our camera guys spent a day with him a few years back and he said he couldn't have been any nicer. Stars sometimes put on an act with reporters because they want good press, whereas tend to be more themselves around cameramen. 
    He's certainly my favourite rock singer. Very soulful voice. 

• @cafc-west seems to be audio only, but still so glad you posted it, as for 44 years I've been fretting over what the opening number was, as the bass riff has been an ear-worm all that time. It's exactly as in my head, except that at the time I swear it was making the  terrace beneath me shake.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    I’m in that photo 😀

Up near The Worthington board.
  • I've spotted myself in the pic, unless it's someone else with the same haircut I had in those days
  • What a day that was . . . Bad Company and The Who. It was an omen of things to come for me. I took the then wife to be, now ex and we were down the front. She decided she wanted a cup of tea . . . I had to get back through the crowd to behind the Covered End and navigate back with 2 cuppas. Not much changed during the 30 years that followed . . . Happy Days o:)>:)
  • I've spotted myself in the pic, unless it's someone else with the same haircut I had in those days
    Everyone has exactly the same haircut in that picture. 
  • edited February 2019
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    I'm not in the photo.

Pretty sure he was there with Rogers and Kirke.
    B C's guitarist and main song writer was ex Mott the Hoopleist Mick Ralphs .. the bass player was the late Boz Burrell, one time of King Crimson .. like most S E London ex long hairs of a certain vintage, I was in the crowd that day
  • What was the attendance ? 
    Not sure waiting for @oohaahmortimer figures for the away fans.