Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where are you from?

Comments

• Not bad for me, the heat spots on the map were Manchester and Southend. I was brought up in Abbey Wood and moved to Stockport. My accent still has a lot of gawd blimey but with a fair bit of eh oop thrown in for good measure so it was quite accurate
  • London and Brighton, interesting as raised in Lewisham but lived in Eastbourne for the last 25 years.
  • Under a gooseberry bush, that's what my mum told me anyway.
  • Just Brighton???
  • Gave me Oxford, from East Grinstead so not great
  • Says I'm from London / Dover - which is not bad seeing as I was born and bred in SE London, but spent a lot of my childhood in the Kent countryside
  • se9addick said:
    Luton, which is a blow to my self esteem! 
    "Oooooh Tommy Tommy...."
  • Think my accent has neutralized over the years after being away, so I answered questions on how I would naturally answer them, and it got me spot on.
  • I got Southend and Brighton. The Southend part makes sense as I'm originally from Essex, but Brighton? Seems a lot of us got Brighton. Well I guess it is "London by the sea".
  • Sponsored links:

• I got Dover, which is basically the posh Brighton
  • I got London or Dover, actually a mixture of Grove Park and Tonbridge
  • I got Reading and Cambridge.
    Raised in Slough so quite accurate I suppose.
  • I got between Southend and South London, which I think is fairly accurate seeing as I've lived in South East London and worked in Stratford, Shoreditch and Monument the past 5 years
  • Fucking Uzbekistan!!!!
  • Growing up in SE, living for 20+ years in Scotland, married to an Irishman and with friends and relations all over the place, I can proudly say I broke the programme! Got to the point where it skipped on after my first answer on the multi-choice...so I still don't know where I'm from.
  • edited February 2019
    Came up with Oxford, Cambridge and Reading, whereas it was Cyprus, Germany, Sundridge Park. Army life. 
  • I got London which is accurate, but was amazed by the corridor to Dover.  This obviously pays testament to my annual visit to good old Uncle Harry in Herne Bay.
  • Fucking Uzbekistan!!!!
    Scuse your Uzbek
  • Sponsored links:

• I got London which is accurate, but was amazed by the corridor to Dover.  This obviously pays testament to my annual visit to good old Uncle Harry in Herne Bay.
    I couldn't be arsed to say, but I got exactly the same. London down to Dover.
    Mind I did go to Ramsgate, Westgate, Broadstairs & Margate a few times as a kid :smile:
    I couldn't be arsed to say, but I got exactly the same. London down to Dover.
    Mind I did go to Ramsgate, Westgate, Broadstairs & Margate a few times as a kid :smile:
    Did you mean Ramsgit, Westgit and Margit?
  • Bookends, Pumice Stone and West Germany
  • I was raised in Weybridge, Surrey. Test using all 100 questions showed me from anywhere in SE England from Ipswich to Portsmouth. 

But I did a similar, and much shorter,  test very recently. I think it was either on the BBC or the Guardian websites. That pin-pointed me as West London, which I thought was impressive (only 20) miles adrift. And my father had a strong Cockney accent which must have influenced me a lot.

Anyone else see that test?

• It thinks I could have come from anywhere darn from Exeter to Ipswich but I was raised in Greenwich and New Cross Gate.
  • I've lived in Lewisham my whole life. 

The three main towns its given me are Brighton, Reading and Norwich, with SE LDN being very dark red. 

So pretty much spot on.

The scary thing is that my girlfriend has been living in Norwich the last 2/3 years whilst being at uni there and it seems me visiting her there has translated to my accent already. 
  • I get Cambridge/Reading/Brighton on the short form, and a spread from Southend to Brighton on the longer version. Given I've lived in London my whole life, it's in the right neck of the woods, but I wouldn't call it accurate.
  • Cambridge/Brighton.

The heat map was scattered around the South East. A large chunk covering Medway and Swale across East Sussex.
  • My American wife did it and got Plymouth. Not sure how that works!