Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One goal scored from open play in our last five.

What’s happened to our creative midfield? How do we turn this around because before long we will be outside the play off places?

Comments

• Taylor back and still a blank
  • Everybody needs to get on Paulies crowdfunding page.
  • Absolute stroke of genius by Roland selling Grant. He's definitely going to get close to that 70 million asking price when fail to get promoted this season.
  • What’s happened to our creative midfield? How do we turn this around because before long we will be outside the play off places?
    Aribo has been the big miss all along. Made a difference today for 40 minutes after a slow start but faded again as the game wore on. Hardly surprising given how long he’s been out. 

You saw today some some of the impact selling Karlan is going to have. We lacked pace up top so Blackpool can squeeze up and restrict room for Taylor and the attacking midfielders. 

Igor was better than Parker but not as good as Karlan, hopefully he’ll improve with matches.

Was a bit surprised Reeves came off, personally think he’s offering more than Williams at the moment. Marshall, I give up. Lovely bloke. Crap footballer. 

• Only 4 goals from open play since 1 January - Grant, Taylor, Pratley, Reeves. The rot set in before Grant left.
  • Didn’t look like scoring today . Worrying 
  • Only 4 goals from open play since 1 January - Grant, Taylor, Pratley, Reeves. The rot set in before Grant left.
    Agreed, we struggled against Accrington with both Taylor and Grant playing
  • Thought Igor looked very sharp, which was encouraging. 

Taylor did a lot of arm waving and falling over, which was poor.

Parker had one air shot and one shot superbly blocked by a defender. 

I'd go with Taylor and Igor from now on. I got the impression there was the makings of a partnership there. 
  • Midfield need  to chip in but so to do our central defenders
  • Sponsored links:

• Still think we should try Fosu behind Taylor in the number 10 role. He can carve open chances and score goals. Where was he today? Injured or dropped?
  • Still think we should try Fosu behind Taylor in the number 10 role. He can carve open chances and score goals. Where was he today? Injured or dropped?
    Dropped. 
    Think LB has had enough of Fosu. We might have see the last of him. 
  • Teams looking like promotion contenders usually have a “giving someone a hiding” in them. We genuinely don’t look like we have a 4 - 0 in us. That’s a worry because nicking 1 nils and 2 - 1’s is bloody hard to keep going. Still think we will squeak playoffs and then on our day we can compete with the best of this division. Sunderland v Charlton Wembley final.
  • Moo said:
    Still think we should try Fosu behind Taylor in the number 10 role. He can carve open chances and score goals. Where was he today? Injured or dropped?
    Think LB has had enough of Fosu. We might have see the last of him. 
    Most of our midfielders are failing with their end product but Fosu has been singled out. I imagine his confidence is low.
    I would have thought that Grant and the rest of the team knew that he was off in the transfer window. That may have caused the downturn in goals and maybe Grant not wanting to jeopardise a move by getting injured.
    the reality is we are not very good at present and a mere husk of a club and team were.
  • edited February 2019
    Let’s just face it. We are not going up this season.

All that matters is that RD sells the club. As negative as it sounds I’d take that over promotion any day of the week. 
  • What’s happened to our creative midfield? How do we turn this around because before long we will be outside the play off places?
    Has our midfield ever been that creative from open play this season?

A lot of goals have come from set pieces, and from chances created by Grant and Taylor.
  • Let’s just face it. We are not going up this season.

All that matters is that RD sells the club. As negative as it sounds I’d take that over promotion any day of the week. 
    Not negative at all mate.
    This club will never have any success until Roland sells.
    Only then can we start believing better times lay ahead. 
  • How can anyone consider promotion when we can’t score goals is beyond me. Just look at Huddersfield- that would be us IF we went up and Douchebag was still in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s just face it. We are not going up this season.

I think the two go hand in hand, more chance of RD finding a buyer willing to pay the price tag if we’re in the Championship.
  • Bowyer needs to find a midfield and style of play that suits our strike force.

The defence is solid and quite adaptable.

if Igor plays then the midfield need to be able to play balls behind the defence to allow Igor’s pace to be utilised, he’s no good with his back to goal.

the diamond worked to an extent for Grant & Taylor pulling the centre halves out wide, but it doesn’t work now.

a flat 4 midfield is what’s needed with wingers, problem is our midfield lacks wingers. I’d try Marshall and Williams with Cullen and Aribo in the middle. 

Either that of you play a back 3/5 with your full backs fulfilling the winger role.
  • Taylor and Igor haven't really played properly together yet (maybe once in the 1st half of the season?) They are two decent strikers so should be able to get goals between them.

I would keep Parker back for times when we need to go more direct late in games or to cover Taylor when he's next suspended.

• Simonsen said:

Taylor and Igor haven't really played properly together yet (maybe once in the 1st half of the season?) They are two decent strikers so should be able to get goals between them.

I would keep Parker back for times when we need to go more direct late in games or to cover Taylor when he's next suspended.

Parker isn't good enough to cover Taylor. However he is our only option. We need another engine roomer as despite often coming to nothing Grant got a number of assists, like Taylor by chasing down everything. 
  • se9addick said:
    Let’s just face it. We are not going up this season.

I think the two go hand in hand, more chance of RD finding a buyer willing to pay the price tag if we’re in the Championship.
    I'm starting to think he actually doesn't want us to sell us at all...& be happy with us floating around the 1st Division with no more outlay & using any academy kids that can put a pair of boots on...then as was said at the start of his project,sell the kids of the future to the premier league...taking any money's & sell on fees till he breaks even as HE see's it...think we are unfortunately in this predicament for a while yet...& its frigging torturous...😣
  • I seriously don't believe I could stand another season with Roland still owner (especially if we are still in this shite league).
  • It's starting to look and feel like the end of last season and the two play offs games against Shrewsbury.  We didn't ever look like scoring in them 2 games. Maybe other teams have worked bowyers tactics and ideas out to an extent. 

If we are ever going to score a few goals it will be again wimbued on Saturday. 
  • cs1986 said:
    It's starting to look and feel like the end of last season and the two play offs games against Shrewsbury.  We didn't ever look like scoring in them 2 games. Maybe other teams have worked bowyers tactics and ideas out to an extent. 

If we are ever going to score a few goals it will be again wimbued on Saturday. 
    Or we sold our top scorer and our other top scorer hasn't built up that relationship with his non existent replacement.
  • relegation form in attack, promotion form in defence, mid table mediocrity in midfield .. onea these days all will become symbiotic perfection and bliss will descend upon the Valley .. hopefully this season in the play offs