Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold fund Argentina trip

A team of Charlton Athletic U13s and U14s landed in Argentina at the beginning of the week to take part in this year’s Newell’s Cup which starts today. 

The trip, funded by Valley Gold, will see the young Addicks play six games this week before arriving back in the UK on Tuesday.

The Addicks play their first game today against Rosario-based team Alba and then have two games each of the following two days. 

Newell’s Old Boys have a fantastic history of developing players. Players from the club's youths who have represented Argentina at World Cups include Gabriel Batistuta, Éver Banega, Walter Samuel, Américo Gallego, Jorge Valdano, Gabriel Heinze, Roberto Sensini, Mauricio Pochettino and Maxi Rodríguez. Lionel Messi also played in the club's youth teams while Diego Maradona played briefly for the first team in 1993.

You can follow the Newell’s Cup here and check back to www.cafc.co.uk for further pictures and updates.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c6571f272d10/charlton-youngsters-following-in-the-footsteps-of-lionel-messi-and-mauricio-pochettino

Comments

• Options
    timken said:
    signed up for valley gold in 89 .resigned in 2017 .will rejoin when roland goes not before
    This
  • Options
    timken said:
    signed up for valley gold in 89 .resigned in 2017 .will rejoin when roland goes not before

Not needed.

Guy made a valid comment.
  • Options
    Good luck to the youth team as it should be some awesome experience. Lucky toads. I just hope they remember this opportunity especially should they hit the lights soccer wise. 
  • Options
    timken said:

Not needed.

Dont see why it needs to be brought up on every thread.

This was a nice thread about Valley Gold paying for the youth to go to Argentina and the 1st comment on it is anti Roland and about someone doing something again after he is gone.

It would just be nice to have 1 thread where we appricate what valley gold or another service is doing without mentioning the belgium cock
    Then why not say that rather than the put down?
  • Options
    Getting back to the point.

Great opportunity for the U14s.

• Options
    timken said:

Not needed.

Dont see why it needs to be brought up on every thread.

This was a nice thread about Valley Gold paying for the youth to go to Argentina and the 1st comment on it is anti Roland and about someone doing something again after he is gone.

It would just be nice to have 1 thread where we appricate what valley gold or another service is doing without mentioning the belgium cock
    With you on this, it’s not always necessary. 
  • Options
    Premier League stars of the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Fantastic opportunity for the lads and certainly not something any old kid gets to do.
    trips like this are what makes the academy appealing to players in the area and this breeds future generations of players and fans

bravo CAFC. Go make some memories boys!
  • Options
    What’s the deal with Newell?
  • Options
    A young Addicks team kicked off their Newell’s Cup campaign in fine fashion with a 4-0 win over Rosario-based Alba.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c66969b1a522/winning-start-for-charlton-youngsters-in-argentina
  • Options
    clive said:
    A young Addicks team kicked off their Newell’s Cup campaign in fine fashion with a 4-0 win over Rosario-based Alba.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c66969b1a522/winning-start-for-charlton-youngsters-in-argentina
    Great news.  Pleased for the 'kids'.  This is one of the reasons I continue to support Valley Gold.  Also, it's run independently from the club and has nothing to do with Roland.
  • Options
    Good news for the boys and hopefully longer term benefits for the club. Nothing to do with the club in as much as they didn’t fund the trip. Well done Valley Gold.
  • Options
    5 nil up at ht in latest game.
  • Options
    5 nil up at ht in latest game.
    Hmm some more stars of the future. Cue douchebag to extend his stay for another 5 years  
  • Options
    Good news for the boys and hopefully longer term benefits for the club. Nothing to do with the club in as much as they didn’t fund the trip. Well done Valley Gold.
    I agree and in normal circumstances I would be adding to the pot.

However I do Wrestle with this difficult descision, as any lad that turns out to be a winner will be sold to line the old goats back pocket.
  • Options

However I do Wrestle with this difficult descision, as any lad that turns out to be a winner will be sold to line the old goats back pocket.
    by the time these guys come good Rolands will be history

i hope
  • Options

The old scrote will be writing in a claim for a percentage of anyone in the academies when he leaves .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    Bloody hell I wish I'd predicted that.
    I did. Kept it quiet though as I thought I'd be sneered at.

;) 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Just spoken to my neighbour whose son is out there on the tour... they lost 2-0 in the semi final to a team from Uruguay. They play Newall Old Boys in the 3rd / 4th place play off. Well done boys ... really pleased for ya 
  • Options
    timken said:
    Same here.
  • Options

Charlton lose 3-0 in the 3rd place play-off match to Newells Old Boys.
  • Options

Speaking after the third-place play-off, Academy Head of Coaching Adam Lawrence said: “It was a disappointing performance and result to end our tour. 

“Unfortunately we were second best and no excuses but we really struggled with the heat, which resulted in us making poor decisions on the ball. It was a shame not to score at the stadium as we had a couple of good chances but it wasn’t to be.

“Overall, it was a fantastic trip and experience both from a football and life perspective. The boys and staff are hugely appreciative and although we were disappointing today, we have played some very good football and given a good impression of our academy and club.”

The team, made up of U13s and U14s, are set to arrive back in the UK on Wednesday.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c6aaaf5ef853/charlton-finish-fourth-in-the-newells-cup

• Options
    This was a trip in a lifetime for these kids,Have been lucky enough to visit Argentina,it is soccer mad,kids playing everywhere,street corners,gardens,parks.Just like England before the mobile phone curse took over.
    Agree with some other posters,what the hell is this to do with roland,cant a bunch of 13-14 year olds enjoy the experience of a lifetime without people taking every opportunity to state their own problems with the club.