Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Playing towards the Covered End (apologies!)

Is it my imagination but have we played the second half of ALL home games this season kicking towards the Covered End? Is this a record?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Pretty sure we've managed this feat many times over the years. I know I have commented on this a fair few times over the years.
  • Options
    Absolutely no doubt in my mind that kicking towards the Covered End second was very important to our success. As for the evidence, I have none at all.
  • Options
    The North Stand?? Its the Cupboard End everyone know that. I bet your not really Johnny Humphrey.
  • Options
    Cant remember which but sure we attacked to covered end 1st half once this season, I know it annoys me when it happens and sure it happened earlier this season
  • Options
    As a child, I used to hate it if we went north stand first half. Felt like we should just pack up and go home there and then!
    I still hate it an I’m 33!
  • Options
    Not a record IMO.  In past years, we've probably gone a whole season playing towards the covered end in the second half. It really is quite rare when we don't...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Well that’s ruined that for Saturday
  • Options
    There's always a collective moan when the players start to swap ends before kickoff
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Mods, please change the title of this thread. I am offended by the COVERED END being re-named the North Stand. 
  • Options
    I assume sides swap ends if the low sun is likely to be a problem in the first half but will have gone down in the second.
  • Options
    Fleetwood at home this season we were shooting the wrong way first half. Lyle Taylor had a chance at the Covered End in the first minute when the crisp packets were being thrown on. 
  • Options
    Doncaster at home we also went the wrong way. Aribo and Grant with first half goals at that end. 
  • Options
    Once upon a time we’d all walk around to the other end at half time to be at the end we were kicking towards, no problem about which way we we’re kicking then.
  • Options
    At home kick the right way, covered end second half. Away, win the toss and kick the wrong way for the opposition.
    Basic law of football.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    At home kick the right way, covered end second half. Away, win the toss and kick the wrong way for the opposition.
    Basic law of football.

If all teams applied that basic law it would mean us kicking towards the Jimmy Seed second half on about 50% of occasions!
  • Options
    Bear in mind the away team probably enjoy shooting towards a packed out away end as well in the 2nd half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    or an extremely sparsely populated away end, as the case is normally in the pub league we compete in
  • Options
    or an extremely sparsely populated away end, as the case is normally in the pub league we compete in
    ...and extremely sparsely populated home end due to the owner and pub league!
  • Options
    It's more than likely as we warm up at the  covered end the OPPO can't be bothered to change ends after the toss
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Fleetwood at home this season we were shooting the wrong way first half. Lyle Taylor had a chance at the Covered End in the first minute when the crisp packets were being thrown on. 
    The direction we're facing and the direction we're shooting aren't always the same.
  • Options
    In my view it ceased to be the covered end years ago, possibly when the seats went in or shortly after. The good old covered end days are long gone. 
  • Options
    Is it my imagination but have we played the second half of ALL home games this season kicking towards the North Stand? Is this a record?

No. Seem to recall at least one game where we didn't.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say I don't care what way we kick in what half
  • Options
    Didn't we swap ends against Bristol Rovers too. Pretty sure Karlan's scored the 3rd running toward the covered end?
  • Options
    Didn't we swap ends against Bristol Rovers too. Pretty sure Karlan's scored the 3rd running toward the covered end?
    I'm an idiot. Ignore me