Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Solly Testimonial Dinner - Info here - Be there or be square

13»

Comments

• I guess this is from when we won League One as can see bith John Sullivan and Bradley Wright Phillips

Nice one Bradley
  • Still no minutes,

Treating fans who couldn't go as scum, what are they hiding, anything to stop Corbyn, wibble, wibble
  • Looks like Roger Johnson came straight from the Millwall Brighton match (that is TJ in the hat, isn’t it?) 
  • A bloody lovely night had by all.

No trouble, no hassle just a lot of people showing appreciation for Chris's service

Lovely food, lovely company and I got to go home with a signed pair of Nick Pope's gloves!  Cracking night
  • Swisdom said:
    A bloody lovely night had by all.

No trouble, no hassle just a lot of people showing appreciation for Chris's service

Lovely food, lovely company and I got to go home with a signed pair of Nick Pope's gloves!  Cracking night
    Sounds like a great night, really pleased for Solly and well done you for organising it. Just curious though why would there have been any trouble or hassle?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Slightly surprising that there seemed to be a lot more former players (including fairly recent ones like Lennon, Holmes, Ajose and Johnson) than current ones. Indeed I can only see Dillon, Lyle and JFC of the current team

• Nug said:
    Swisdom said:
    A bloody lovely night had by all.

Sounds like a great night, really pleased for Solly and well done you for organising it. Just curious though why would there have been any trouble or hassle?
    Because there was hope that Andy Hughes would be karate kicked in the balls for pinching Grant!!
  • Slightly surprising that there seemed to be a lot more former players (including fairly recent ones like Lennon, Holmes, Ajose and Johnson) than current ones. Indeed I can only see Dillon, Lyle and JFC of the current team

https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial/status/1107391507294760966
    Also love the cheeky look on Waggy's face as he peers out from behind Sue Parkes

Its the look of someone who's about to hold a small sign above her head saying: "Roland Out"
  • why would there have been trouble ?
  • Slightly surprising that there seemed to be a lot more former players (including fairly recent ones like Lennon, Holmes, Ajose and Johnson) than current ones. Indeed I can only see Dillon, Lyle and JFC of the current team

https://twitter.com/CAFCofficial/status/1107391507294760966
    Also love the cheeky look on Waggy's face as he peers out from behind Sue Parkes

Its the look of someone who's about to hold a small sign above her head saying: "Roland Out"
    Didn't realise vol-au-vents were on the menu last night. 
  • Was Murray there?
  • edited March 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    Was Murray there?
    No

i asked Chris if Roland was coming but apparently he was busy last night. Shame
  • Swisdom said:
    I didn’t expect any trouble but as it St Patrick’s day meant a few people were enjoying themselves...a lot.

at the Q&A there were some people who were abusive to Richard Murray and that soured things a bit. This went without a hitch which was nice - even if some of the players there may have had the potential to be a little divisive

i can’t take the credit for organising it there is a committee of people doing that. I just mucked in.  

The most important bit of all though was Chris had a great night...and his wife didn’t go into labour 😂
    Soured things? Best part of the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised to see Holmes at Solly's do if he was supposed to be such an unpopular disruptive influence.