Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Banned after Accrington

Comments

• Options
    The club is run by jokers all round fu king laughable 
  • Options
    Based on this persons twitter feed on the subject someone called Mark Anderson hass been banned for the rest of the season.

Lucky guy
    That girl looks really happy to be there.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    we all know you are not allowed on the pitch or to throw things on the pitch - however have said this before when its a card organised protest apparently it is fine - double standards at charlton are as rife as anywhere. 

yeah shouldnt of gone on pitch but not worthy of a ban at all, after all them down the road do it regularly and at the home of english football and nothing is done to them - and they also run at away fans, clinched fests etc, the fact this has been carried out by the club itself makes it all quite sad. 
  • Options
    Ive seen that guy on Twitter a lot, goes to every game, pretty sure him and his mates had a massive Lyle Taylor flag done up for when Lyle was raising loads of money for Cancer Research, all out of their own pocket. 

Absolute jobsworths banning him for what was a heat of the moment celebration with the players.
    yeah they did know one of the lads quite well, would be sure he posts on here, real die hard charlton fans always usually in the oak.
  • Options
    we all know you are not allowed on the pitch or to throw things on the pitch - however have said this before when its a card organised protest apparently it is fine - double standards at charlton are as rife as anywhere. 

yeah shouldnt of gone on pitch but not worthy of a ban at all, after all them down the road do it regularly and at the home of english football and nothing is done to them - and they also run at away fans, clinched fests etc, the fact this has been carried out by the club itself makes it all quite sad. 

It’s a fact of life I think - if you do something wrong and you make it easy to identify/catch you then it’s more likely that you’ll be identified/caught. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It’s a fact of life I think - if you do something wrong and you make it easy to identify/catch you then it’s more likely that you’ll be identified/caught. 
    im not disputing that, but there have been worse pitch invasions that this in recent times and personally throwing stuff on the pitch is worse imo
  • Options
    se9addick said:

im not disputing that, but there have been worse pitch invasions that this in recent times and personally throwing stuff on the pitch is worse imo
    What, including beach balls? Not sure there’s the same potential for trouble or injury is there?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:

What, including beach balls? Not sure there’s the same potential for trouble or injury is there?
    Well it appears common sense has been completely taken away, so yeah we'll go with beach balls could cause serious injury. Immediate Ban.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:

Well it appears common sense has been completely taken away, so yeah we'll go with beach balls could cause serious injury. Immediate Ban.
    If it had been down to Keohane and Meire all 4,000 fan protesting in the car park would have been banned.

And I know Keohane was searching facebook looking for images of fans to ban for the beach balls too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:
    SDAddick said:
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    I mean, you can't run on the pitch or you'll be banned. This is a known. It was a great moment of celebration but for all the dumb rules and laws in the world, this is one that makes sense, it's for the players' (and fans') safety, in case, ya know, you kick one in the bollocks!
    Safety? Really, who was in danger in this instance. There have been numerous instances of it happening at other clubs this season and nothing happens. 
    Bielik's bollocks!!! 

Hilarious, but supposed he'd been a bit lower down and broke his ankle, wonder what the reaction to that would have been on here?

And what would have happened if a Pig had hit a player in the eye and blinded him????

The ban is ridiculous and as others have pointed out, why haven't both the Burnley fans and Charlton fans who invaded the pitch got bans (if it was actually the FA making them do it etc)

Think you're "wandering into the realms of fantasy there" (as Capt. Mainwaring would have said). Look, I'm not suggesting that the club haven't gone over the top with these bans, but as others have said, if they hadn't been seen to be addressing the problem the 'powers that be' could have come down on the club with a hefty fine - that would have eaten into Roland's transfer budget for next season!
  • Options
    😂🤣😭..." transfer budget next season"  😭😂🤣...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:

And I know Keohane was searching facebook looking for images of fans to ban for the beach balls too.

We’ve all done that.
    That’s a nasty case of piles....
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Agreed, it’s just harder to pick out individuals amongst hundreds of people invading the pitch on the last day of the season after the final whistle or hundreds of people lobbing plastic pigs at kick off than it is a handful of blokes jumping out of the stands and celebrating with the players after a goal. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    SDAddick said:
    I mean, you can't run on the pitch or you'll be banned. This is a known. It was a great moment of celebration but for all the dumb rules and laws in the world, this is one that makes sense, it's for the players' (and fans') safety, in case, ya know, you kick one in the bollocks!
    Safety? Really, who was in danger in this instance. There have been numerous instances of it happening at other clubs this season and nothing happens
    How do you know??

The club have not announced this and have seemed to have dealt with it behind the scenes.

Other clubs probably do the same, so you cant say for certain that no other club have banned fans for running onto the pitch this season
    there have been many near end of season instances or FACup games where half the crowd is on the pitch. Admittedly an assumption but pretty sure it will be true. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    It is about numbers - If everybody invaded the pitch or indeed threw pigs on the pitch, the club is hardly going to ban most of its fans. But when only a few do it, it gives them an opportunity to set an example. 

For me, if they put out a statement saying anybody else that does it will get a ban, that would have done the job rather than punishing its own fans IMO.
  • Options
    It is about numbers - If everybody invaded the pitch or indeed threw pigs on the pitch, the club is hardly going to ban most of its fans. But when only a few do it, it gives them an opportunity to set an example. 

For me, if they put out a statement saying anybody else that does it will get a ban, that would have done the job rather than punishing its own fans IMO.
    But the club didn't make any statement.

Nor did the person who has been named on here as one person who was banned.
  • Options
    I know, I was suggesting it might have been better if they approached it that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Next goal scored in front of the covered end,all on the pitch in support of the banned fans,I blame Karlan Grant !!!
    Steady on, I think we need to garner the support levels for this first, could you run a quick poll/survey?
  • Options
    He was never banned tho, he said he was handing his ST back because his friend was banned
  • Options
    He was never banned tho, he said he was handing his ST back because his friend was banned
    Yes, that's what I thought.
    I can't see why people bother tweeting if it can't be understood.  
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:

We’ve all done that.
    That’s a nasty case of piles...

Nah! That’s a pre-op picture. They are his gonads!!
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    If anyone was going to use common sense, it would be Mick, I’m sure his hand was forced on other bans. 

I'd say so.

Maybe he explained the whole situation to Mr Dodger hence to more consolatory tone in the tweet.
  • Options
    Pretty sure a lad I know was banned (3 games rings a bell) for running on and hugging Curbs after his farewell game.

And that was a different regime. We’ve always been a bit too keen to punish our own in my opinion.
  • Options
    Mick Everitt seems like a very sensible chap, should probably be appointed CEO!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Mick Everitt seems like a very sensible chap, should probably be appointed CEO!
    He's too busy running the museum.