Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most obvious 10/10 displays for Charlton

Comments

• Bob Boulder in the 0 0 at Old Trafford
    He was a rock that day. 
  • Stuart Balmer against Blackburn away. Mind you, marking Alan Shearer was a bit of an easy touch.
  • The last performance I saw which was a possible 10 was the Fosu hattrick at Fleetwood

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79376/statbank-fleetwood-1-3-charlton
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79378/fleetwood-1-charlton-3-30th-september-2017

Indeed his score was 9.34, (Highest individual mark since Statbank began in 2011)

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79356/players-marks-fleetwood-v-charlton
    I must have been feeling picky though, as I gave him 9.5! I wasn't the lowest though, a couple of people gave him 8.5?!?
  • BR3red said:
    My memory is poor but 10/10 who made Sam Hyypia lose his rag under the Covered End when we were winning 2-0 against Liverpool.
    Hermam ?

Matt Svensson, I think. "Robust" tackle
  • Paul Miller vs Chelsea, Battle of the Bridge 1989.

Was never going to leave that pitch on the losing side. And was scrapping in the tunnel after the final whistle too.
  • I echo the Parker ones. 

Dont think Southampton away has been mentioned. We ended up losing but never should have. Parker helped set up 3/4 decent chances and scored 2 blinders 
    This one has always stuck out for me
  • Gudmundsson vs Cardiff on boxing day a few years back was pretty special, especially with 10 men for most of the game. 

• Keith Jones against Gazza at the valley. 
    Gazza substituted as Kieth had him in his pocket all game 
    I always remembered it as gazza being sent off, but you are right. I was fairly young watching this one, and it made me realise what a player Jones was. I could never see his value before this. He'd gone out to do a job and did it to the letter, definitely a 10/10
  • Kish (playing for Brighton when they tonked us 4 nil at the valley) even at 35 he bossed the game!
  • Scott Parker comes to mind for several performances cant split the Chelsea and Southampton games already mentioned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kish (playing for Brighton when they tonked us 4 nil at the valley) even at 35 he bossed the game!
    If memory serves be correctly, we had a really potent strike force that day. Abbott and Benson........
    If memory serves be correctly, we had a really potent strike force that day. Abbott and Benson........
    Dont forget Anyinsah was on the bench
  • Scott Parker comes to mind for several performances cant split the Chelsea and Southampton games already mentioned.
    Sure there was a Villa game where he was superb as well at The Valley.
    Sure there was a Villa game where he was superb as well at The Valley.
    Could have been the Wolves game?

Was his last game (?) at the Valley for us and Curbs said in his book that Scott ignored all the instructions he was under yet admitted he played a blinder
  • Couple of stand outs.

01/02 Everton away 3-0. Jorge Costa was unbelievable.

Mid 90s Bristol city at Upton park. Simon Webster. Rock in defence when we under.the cosh then scored Last minute winner

But the winner by far is parker v Chelsea on boxing day. He was as good as 3 players that day, the original PlayStation performance. 
  • Scott Parker away at City when we won 4-1 at Maine Road was outstanding. Believe it was his first real chance after we got smashed 5-0 at Upton Park. Next game was Arsenal at home where I also remember him being unbelievable.
  • Steve Brown in goal for at least an hour at Maine Road when Salmon went off injured, in a mid week game in mid to late 90's. Finished 2-2 if I remember correctly.
  • last_line said:
    Steve Brown in goal for at least an hour at Maine Road when Salmon went off injured, in a mid week game in mid to late 90's. Finished 2-2 if I remember correctly.
    I remember seeing Brownie in goal away at Villa when he made the save from the free kick. At the time I was leaping up and down saying he had made the best save ever seen by anyone.

Till I saw it back and realised it was, well, not quite as spectacular as I thought (though still good for a part time keeper!)
  • Rob Elliot away against Bournemouth towards end of his last season with us . Nil all draw but should have been at least 5 to them but for his saves 
  • Deon Burton's Hat-trick against Norwich was pretty good, we had already been relegated mind you
  • Sponsored links:

• Deon Burton's Hat-trick against Norwich was pretty good, we had already been relegated mind you
    Chris Solly's debut... at Left-Back
  • Four players in one match: Humphrey, Mackenzie, Lee & Crooks against West Ham on 12th March 1988.
    Charlton won 3-0
    Crooks scored Charlton's 1000th goal in the top division.

Lennie Lawrence: 'We have had more memorable wins - as at old Trafford - but this has to be the best display in my five and a half years here.'
  • Macronate said:
    Melrose hat trick in 86 v Everton.

He was brilliant that day.
    Thanks. I agree
  • Our entire defence when we beat Arsenal at Highbury. 
    Actually as we scored 4 make that the midfield and attack as well.
    Arsenal could have been out of sight before our first so it wasn’t a great day for the defence. 
  • Our entire defence when we beat Arsenal at Highbury. 
    Actually as we scored 4 make that the midfield and attack as well.
    Arsenal could have been out of sight before our first so it wasn’t a great day for the defence. 
    Could of but wasn't .
    I thought our defence that day up against far superior oppositions defended as if their lives depended on it.
    Superb imo.
  • Collectively across the two Sheffield games in the promotion season - Jacko certainly made a massive impact on the season
  • Lyle Taylor v Blackpool 16th Feb 2019
    Bump ahead of tomorrow
  • rina said:
    Rufus in both games against Newcastle in Jan 97, keegan's last game and dalglish's first. I don't remember shearer (probably the best player in the country at the time) being allowed to even see the goal, let alone have a shot, at any point in those 2 games right up till the free kick he scored in extra time in the replay
    That wouldnt have been '97 surely? - that was the year we got promoted to the Premier League and didnt come up against Newcastle in the FA Cup (Although only remember a 4-2 win over Nottingham Forest at the Valley in the 3rd Round that year)
    97/98 was Forest. 4-1 in the cup, 4-2 in the league over Forest that season. I remember Bassett saying we were lucky and we wouldn't have beaten them like that if they'd had all their big names available.

He was right, they managed 1 more when we thumped them again a couple of months later in the league!
    Two cracking games, as was the 3-0 trouncing of ‘Boro although they missed a glorious chance early on that may have put a different complexion on the game. 
  • last_line said:
    Steve Brown in goal for at least an hour at Maine Road when Salmon went off injured, in a mid week game in mid to late 90's. Finished 2-2 if I remember correctly.
    I remember seeing Brownie in goal away at Villa when he made the save from the free kick. At the time I was leaping up and down saying he had made the best save ever seen by anyone.

Till I saw it back and realised it was, well, not quite as spectacular as I thought (though still good for a part time keeper!)
    The team performed at 10/10 level in that game.