Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Southend - Match thread

Comments

• Options
    As said above all smooth once through the tunnel ikea traffic not a problem 
    parked up and bumped in to Lyle taylor on the Woolwich road he went to get a Starbucks i think it was before shooting to the ground 
    he said marshy up front with igor 
    hes not a keen watcher 
    89 career goals between Igor and Marshall. COYR.
  • Options
    KICK-OFF | 1' We are off and underway... #cafc 0 #blues 0
  • Options
    2' Early chance for the Addicks as Marshall gets into the box and tests Bishop at his near post from a tight angle. #cafc 0 #blues 0
  • Options
    1' First opportunity of the game falls to Blues as Kights nicks the ball and plays a cut back to Cox. His shot is deflected before Mantom fires over #CHASOU (0-0)
  • Options
    Marshall 😩
  • Options
    I would mention the barnsley score but after last week I won't bother 
  • Options
    3' Charlton threaten a couple of times down their right hand side but Bishop makes a save with his legs on the first attempt and then he comes to collect a high ball which Marshall can't get under control. #CHASOU (0-0)
  • Options
    Very good start here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted at3'

Foul by Michael Kightly (Southend United).

Posted at3'

Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    4' CLOSE! Good football from the Addicks. Solly breaks free down the right and cuts back into the box for Fosu who sends a good first-time effort just over. #cafc 0 #blues 0
  • Options
    In all my years of teaching, today is the first time there is an ex-pupil from my school playing at The Valley. Well, he's a sub, at least, and unfortunately not for Charlton but he's Isaac Hutchinson, the young Southend forward.
  • Options
    Posted at7'

Corner, Southend United. Conceded by Chris Solly.

• Options
    ross1 said:
    That brought a tear to my eye.
    Me too.

I hate Roland for many things but Powell's unfair departure tops the list.
  • Options
    9' More good stuff from the Addicks as Fosu looks to send away Marshall who bursts clear of the left-back, but he can't keep the ball in play. #cafc 0 #blues 0
  • Options
    Great sliding challenge from The Enforcer! His Royal Sarrness put up the "Thou shalt not pass" sign up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know the feeling, I do not put up current scores from other games anymore
  • Options
    12' Very bright start with both sides getting forward well and trying to create chances. Good feel to the game so far. #CHASOU (0-0)
  • Options
    Posted at12'

Foul by Dru Yearwood (Southend United).

Posted at12'

Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I know the feeling, I do not put up current scores from other games anymore
    Goals going in at other games. COYR
  • Options
    14'

Attempt missed. Michael Kightly (Southend United) left footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.

• Options
    After listening to the Charlton Live Big Match Preview on the journey down this morning I was expecting a turgid opening half-hour from two slow-starting sides.

Instead, the opening 15 minutes has been fast-paced, open, and plenty of chances at both ends.

If we can sharpen up our passing, especially in the final third (quelle surprise), we should have some success today.
  • Options
    Commentator just called the ground Valley Parade. C'mon man
  • Options
    Is Fosu a Southend fan? Keeps giving the ball away in horrible areas 
  • Options
    Humphry’s calves.
  • Options
    15' Chance for Humphrys after a good pass from Kightly but he takes a touch and then the angle is closed off. Goal kick to Charlton. #CHASOU (0-0)
  • Options
    17' Twinkle-toes Reeves somehow fashioned a shooting chance on the edge of the box but it was blocked.

0-0
  • Options
    17' Good footwork from Reeves on the edge of the box before he sees his shot blocked by Hart. #cafc 0 #blues 0
  • Options
    18' Yearwood is late on Fosu and that brings about a Charlton free kick around 30 yards out. Just a talking to for the Blues midfielder. #CHASOU (0-0)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!