Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Southend - Match thread

Comments

• Options
    https://twitter.com/richcawleyslp/status/1094238776145203201?s=21
    Richard Cawley: 

My "man" who gives me the team line-up - and has the inside track on it - had Marshall up top. Like I said, we'll know for sure when they get out there!

• Options
    Scoham said:
    If Marshall is up front, that really is a vote of no confidence in Parker. Has Marshall ever played there before? Will be interesting to see how that works, it doesn’t strike me as an easy switch for him. 

A diamond will better suit the midfield personnel though. It’d be to attacking to setup as a 3, Lapslie or Pratley should’ve started for one of Williams or Reeves if that is the plan. 
    A vote of no confidence or just giving him more time to settle in?
    Under normal circumstances that’d be logical but we’re in the midst of a striker crisis. How much time does he need? He won’t have even moved house to come to Charlton. It’s not like we’re asking him to change occupation or anything. He’s been left on the bench in favour of a player we have chosen to risk bring back from injury quicker than the club originally suggested, despite him having a history of quickly breaking down again after injuries, and a player who, to my knowledge, has never played up front before.

it seems a strange move to me. I hope it works but it’s a gamble and I doubt Parker is exactly delighted about it. 

Maybe he he has a knock. 
    Must be more to it, can’t see Bowyer being the type to sign a player and decide he doesn’t rate him in a matter of days.
  • Options
    I fear we will get tonked today. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Reeves has gotten some stick recently (mostly as a result of one miskick) and so this is a big chance for him to regain some favour
    He gets stick for his neat inconsistency. Brilliant for 20 minutes one game and then garbage the next.  Hope he’s brilliant today 
  • Options
    @ross1

think you’re going to have to copy and paste text I’m afraid this afternoon 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    If Marshall is up front, that really is a vote of no confidence in Parker. Has Marshall ever played there before? Will be interesting to see how that works, it doesn’t strike me as an easy switch for him. 

A diamond will better suit the midfield personnel though. It’d be to attacking to setup as a 3, Lapslie or Pratley should’ve started for one of Williams or Reeves if that is the plan. 
    Under normal circumstances that’d be logical but we’re in the midst of a striker crisis. How much time does he need? He won’t have even moved house to come to Charlton. It’s not like we’re asking him to change occupation or anything. He’s been left on the bench in favour of a player we have chosen to risk bring back from injury quicker than the club originally suggested, despite him having a history of quickly breaking down again after injuries, and a player who, to my knowledge, has never played up front before.

it seems a strange move to me. I hope it works but it’s a gamble and I doubt Parker is exactly delighted about it. 

Maybe he he has a knock. 
    Must be more to it, can’t see Bowyer being the type to sign a player and decide he doesn’t rate him in a matter of days.
    I hope so.

I am nervous about Igor. Feels like Groundhog Day, I do hope he’s not injured again by the end of it. If we can just get 3 months of fitness and some kind of form out of him it could make all the difference to our season. 
  • Options
    Tuning in from the wonderful Philippines. If I drink a San Miguel Light for every goal we score, it’s going to be a sober night.
  • Options
    In the upper North now.
    God it's cold let's hope a nice win will give us something to cheer and warm us up.
    COYR 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Noooooo not the diamond formation 😩
  • Options
    Reckon this has got 0-0 written all over it. Hope I’m wrong. Igor scoring would be a massive boost and get us believing we can push for a top two finish again. 
    COYRs
  • Options
    At least the diamond formation can provide threat, if the through-balls are good enough. But I do think out squad as it is, especially without Taylor, is better suited to attacking down the wings 
  • Options
    Noooooo not the diamond formation 😩
    The one we’ve played almost every game this season? No point playing 5 in midfield if they can barely score 10 between them in a season.
  • Options
    Ground is almost empty!
  • Options
    Ground is almost empty!
    I wonder why?
  • Options
    As I put on another thread, lets not forget Lee Bowyer today and remember Powell wants us to lose
    What a weird comment. Who would forget Bowyer? Powell is just an opposition manager today
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Ground is almost empty!
    Everyone’s waiting for Mad March or whatever it’s called. Right now it’s Feeble February 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As said above all smooth once through the tunnel ikea traffic not a problem 
    parked up and bumped in to Lyle taylor on the Woolwich road he went to get a Starbucks i think it was before shooting to the ground 
    he said marshy up front with igor 
    hes not a keen watcher 
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing the welcome SCP is given. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Maybe he he has a knock. 
    I hope so.

I am nervous about Igor. Feels like Groundhog Day, I do hope he’s not injured again by the end of it. If we can just get 3 months of fitness and some kind of form out of him it could make all the difference to our season. 
    June,july and August 2019 thats the 3 months
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing the welcome SCP is given. 
    I hope it's a good one.
  • Options
    Supporting as usual from valencia.  About to watc athletico vs real Madrid but tuned into charlton life as always. COYAS 2 0 to us
  • Options
    Cawley seems to think that Marshall is playing up top? Could be interesting, certainly got pace
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    GAME TIME! Come on you Addicksssssssss! #cafc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy-Ndm5X4AA7ASS.jpg

Sorry for images, not working as they used to

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Colin Powell - a great person and a great man-manager. I just "know" he will be back at Charlton one day in some capacity. 
  • Options
    Welcome to the House Of Fun everyone.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!