Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is there any point to Eurovision??

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    It's more camp than a Baden Powell scouting weekend !
    Australia and Israel take part !
    The voting is bias  towards neighbours despite how utter shite the songs are
    We are GB no one likes us.
    A Man who is a drag artist ( his words) wears a dress and has a beard  and becomes  a role model for Trans folk !
    The presenters make rubbish jokes all night.
    Half the entriese are poor folk songs.

What date is it because I want to make sure i pencil it in my diary.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    addick05 said:
    Absolute dross. I'm amazed how the Europeans take it so seriously! Let's face it, British pop music is arguably the best in the World. Can anyone (other than a music geek) name a world class European act?

(Ducks below parapet, tin hat on)
    I’m going with ABBA. But I get your point, that was a lifetime ago.
    The voting is  part of the entertainment, which cannot be right and is so predictable  there might as well be a number generator. It’s all a nonsense but the wife likes watching it, so one night a year she has access to the tv remote.
  • Options
    Talk about a big build up, it’s not on until May!
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Absolute dross. I'm amazed how the Europeans take it so seriously! Let's face it, British pop music is arguably the best in the World. Can anyone (other than a music geek) name a world class European act?

(Ducks below parapet, tin hat on)
    Daft punk.
  • Options
    U2 are seen as world class by many.
  • Options
    It’s become a thing in our family now. 
    Mainly to hide the memory that it was during one Eurovision that we had to take our Dad to hospital & he never came home. 
    But that night in A&E we were all around his bed & the nurses had it on the TV & we all just took the piss. Even Dad. 
    Before I left the UK we’d have Eurovision parties. You’d have to come in fancy dress. I once wore a box of Malteesers on my head. 
    Happy days :smiley:
  • Options
    Easy.....he was only asking...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    U2 are seen as world class by many.
    Pfft.