Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Chase-ITV [Paddy versus The BEAST! - Match Thread]

Comments

• He should have gone for the increased offer.
  • The chaser Paul Sinner is one of the contestants on the new series of Taskmaster starting Wednesday.
  • So what happened in the final chase
  • Can’t wait for this Paddy, one of my kids loves the chase!
  • Will definitely tune in to this.

If you could try and bump the thread on the day of the show, I'd appreciate it. I'll probably forget otherwise.

Hope you got The Dark Destroyer, he seems to be the easiest chaser to beat!

yeah if he gets a couple wrong in the final chase his head always goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    So I'm on this soon!

February 3rd, ITV1, 5pm. 

Whether the Charlton chat gets included is up to the editors, but a couple of football questions definitely pop up.
    good luck Paddy P
  • Will definitely tune in to this.

If you could try and bump the thread on the day of the show, I'd appreciate it. I'll probably forget otherwise.

Hope you got The Dark Destroyer, he seems to be the easiest chaser to beat!

He is and is also the only chaser to have lost over 100 times

• Shaun is the most entertaining as well. He has a great chemistry with Bradley Walsh.
  • No spoilers Paddy!
  • No spoilers Paddy!
    Absolutely not - particularly as this is a public forum.

Never know how to answer when people ask "did you win", because if you say "no comment", people will assume whatever they want anyway!
  • Meet the beast one night in Sheffield prior to our FA Cup game. He is one lump.
  • Did you tell Bradley to change the script to stop trying to make us think The Vixen is a looker.
  • Funnily enough Paddy, I am half way through my application.

What was the process once you sent off the application ?
  • Sponsored links:

• You can't have done too badly or you would be keeping quiet about it :)
    Thats what I thought lol, if he embarrassed himself then he would have stayed quiet
  • Look forward to watching this mate 
  • You can't have done too badly or you would be keeping quiet about it :)
    Thats what I thought lol, if he embarrassed himself then he would have stayed quiet
    Not necessarily - I remember one guy on here yonks ago saying they were on Countdown and admitting they were rubbish! Just thought it'd be of interest particularly as I did mention Charlton (again, dunno if that made the cut of course).
  • Meet the beast one night in Sheffield prior to our FA Cup game. He is one lump.
    I thought we were big lumps mate, but he certainly took the biscuit that night.  Scruffy sod as well with that old coat he was wearing...however it didn't seem to stop the ladies of Sheffield hanging around him all night.  Wasn't he a mate of the Sheff U investor who was with us?
  • TelMc32 said:
    Meet the beast one night in Sheffield prior to our FA Cup game. He is one lump.
    I thought we were big lumps mate, but he certainly took the biscuit that night.  Scruffy sod as well with that old coat he was wearing...however it didn't seem to stop the ladies of Sheffield hanging around him all night.  Wasn't he a mate of the Sheff U investor who was with us?
    Yeah, he also married his cousin.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Your sister is your mother......
  • TelMc32 said:
    That's his own cousin, not the Sheff U investors...just to be clear!!  ;-)
  • PaddyP17 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Funnily enough Paddy, I am half way through my application.

What was the process once you sent off the application ?
    Good luck! Some of the details are a bit hazy but this is basically it -

So someone gave me a phone call (this was like a couple of months after my application), asked a bit about me and then you do a quick-fire one minute general knowledge set of quiz questions, much as you would during the cash builder.

Then they'll email you if you're through to the next stage (again took a while), which is another phone call to establish a bit more about you etc, and a much longer set of questions.

After that it's a video audition (would normally be in person) with about eight others or so. You play a game to warm up, then do a version of the multiple choice round, then you have to talk about yourself to camera. If you're successful there, you then go through to do a version of the "Final Chase" basically, and your likelihood of being selected to film is pretty high from there I believe.

It's a very well-oiled machine and I really enjoyed the overall experience.
    Is it a case of not being too good or too bad? Or if you do really well, you are more likely to get a chance. Watching the odd tipping point, I think the level is a lot lower than the chase so assumed they try to get the lower abilities, where the chase seems to have a good mix.