Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dillon Phillips signs new contract (to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    Very good.
    I have seen a lot of him as he has been coming through the ranks.
    His development has been continuous despite disruption to his status and career (how many managers??!!), and I expect him to improve further, especially as goalkeepers tend to get better with age and certainly with experience.
    I also think goalkeeping is a position you try to avoid messing about with, changing keeper is not the same as tweaking a midfield or defensive set up.
    I would like to see Dillon get a run in the side, he certainly doesn't look worse than Steer to me.
  • Options
    Well deserved Dillon. I thought we were going to lose you. 
  • Options
    I am weary atm but very happy with this.

Dillom is a great/fantastic shot keeper and his distribution improves game in game.

I think we need two perm keepers. With Dillon as prime keeper I hope he keeps his place as number one for us after signing. 

First really positive after Grant leaving and certainly lots more to do.

thanks Dillon for staying and thanks to all involved on this one, wanted and got. 
  • Options
    FINALLY we can put this to rest!
  • Options
    Contract still seems too short. Would have preferred to see another year at least. 
  • Options
    That's three out of the five who were mentioned by Bowyer and Gallen decided. Page and now Phillips signed... Grant sold... leaving Fosu and Aribo in the balance. And perhaps we can add Lapslie and perhaps Williams to the list?

We will see if our squad is good enough to improve upon last season? And then again next time? ...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    At least 2021 suggests that the contract has some sort of extension clause in it
  • Options
    Phillips now looks quite imposing physically, he's been iin the gym. Is he really only 6'2"?
    “Only” 6 foot 2 ?!  Charlton height test gets harder every year. 
  • Options
    Charlton number 1 chant would go down well tomorrow

Watch him drop a clanger now !  
    Would definitely give Maxwell a huge boost to hear that on his debut... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's three out of the five who were mentioned by Bowyer and Gallen decided. Page and now Phillips signed... Grant sold... leaving Fosu and Aribo in the balance. And perhaps we can add Lapslie and perhaps Williams to the list?

We will see if our squad is good enough to improve upon last season? And then again next time? ...
    Bauer, Aribo, Lapslie, Fosu, Williams, Reeves are all first teasers out of contract in the summer whom most fans would rather see tied down to a new one I suspect.  Not to mention that Taylor will only have a year left at that point and we should be negotiating with him now too.

I am delighted Phillips has signed but we should not get carried away about the fact that a (likely cheap) keeper and injury prone left back have signed up and a top scorer has been sold.
  • Options
    The importance of Gallen at our club can’t be under estimated .
    Dont know what his official title is but he appears to be the one trying to steady our ship and I feel he’s every bit as important to us as Bowyer and Jacko .
    He’s a little bit of an unsung hero keeping us afloat while that runt of an owner ignores us as we sink in footballing terms 
    Gallen is, imho, de facto director of football and, at least on the football side, CEO.

LDT is the finance director.

No one was needed to replace Meire as she did nothing worthwhile or usefo.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Bauer, Aribo, Lapslie, Fosu, Williams, Reeves are all first teasers out of contract in the summer whom most fans would rather see tied down to a new one I suspect.  Not to mention that Taylor will only have a year left at that point and we should be negotiating with him now too.

I am delighted Phillips has signed but we should not get carried away about the fact that a (likely cheap) keeper and injury prone left back have signed up and a top scorer has been sold.
    If we have to lose one of those six then Reeves for me.

In reality he, and perhaps at a pinch Lapslie as he is still establishing himself, will probably be the only one to stay.

EDIT: 'Edit's' back!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    LenGlover said:

If we have to lose one of those six then Reeves for me.

In reality he, and perhaps at a pinch Lapslie as he is still establishing himself, will probably be the only one to stay.

EDIT: 'Edit's' back!
    I said it was back @LenGlover on the Steve Avory thread, glad it's finally turned up your end. Us Technophobes have to look out for one another 😉.
  • Options
    Bauer, Aribo, Lapslie, Fosu, Williams, Reeves

out of that list, id love to keep them all but i think the most likely to not sign is fosu & bauer. not too worries by fosu be gutted by bfg rate him highly.
  • Options
    At least we have continuity in one position. Phillips is our number 1 and has a great platform to make a successful career for himself. 
  • Options
    I’m pleased for him. Deserves the chance to nail down that first team spot. Pleased Bow stuck with him instead of throwing Maxwell straight in, rightly so.
  • Options
    JFC is also out of contract
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Bauer, Aribo, Lapslie, Fosu, Williams, Reeves

out of that list, id love to keep them all but i think the most likely to not sign is fosu & bauer. not too worries by fosu be gutted by bfg rate him highly.

Do we have an up to date list of everyone out of contract at the end of the season?

Bauer - I guess our only chance of keeping hold of him is promotion and a juicy new contract under new owners. But then either may not happen and Bauer will probably move on anyway.

Aribo, Lapslie, Williams I would definitely tie these down. We may need to be promoted to hold on to Williams though. I think Lapslie will sign as I don't see anyone from The Championship coming in for him, needs another full season with us. Aribo we've been told is likely - lets hope this happens it's criminal his contract is almost out.

Fosu - at the start of the season I would have had him in the same bracket as Aribo as being criminal to be in his last year but frankly based on the season he's had so far he doesn't deserve a new contract.

Reeves - difficult one, has improved under Bowyer but could be a high earner having arrived on a free. Would probably give him another 2 years regardless of division next year.

JFC I would hope would sign a new contract. Not sure many other teams would come in for a player who's been out injured all year.
  • Options
    I see that now Phillips has signed a new contract, he's reverted to kicking the ball in the stand again :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Prestons number 1 injured. A recall of Maxwell? If that is indeed possible.
  • Options
    Just a shame his contract will  expire before the takeover happens. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Gammysnr said:
    Don't think so although if both clubs agree to cancel the loan he could go back but why would we do that? Also he fell out of favour with the Preston management and not sure they would want him back. Goalkeepers can however be signed outside the transfer windows if extenuating circumstances means they have no other keepers available to play.
  • Options
    Recall isnt possible...

Can only happen during a transfer window if I remember the rules correctly from the Steer deal

Same with Ajose
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    He played 90 minutes yesterday and nothing online about him being injured
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:
    https://www.pnefc.net/news/2019/february/update-on-connor-ripleys-injury/
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Gammysnr said:
    https://www.pnefc.net/news/2019/february/update-on-connor-ripleys-injury/
    Not their number 1 tho

Rudd is number 1 and Ripley has only recently been on the bench since his return from AS, I am sure they are happy for their old 2nd choice to return as 2nd choice and no need for Maxwell(even if they could recall him, which they cant)
  • Options
    When did Dillon do anything like this:

'GOAL - Wolves 0-1 Newcastle

Isaac Hayden

!!!

How did that happen?

Let me explain.

Fabian Schar plays the ball through to Isaac Hayden who makes a run into the left side of the area. The midfielder smacks a 'saveable' effort but Rui Patricio can only palm the effort into the net.

Extraordinary, really.'

Decent keeper our Dillon!

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    When did Dillon do anything like this:

'GOAL - Wolves 0-1 Newcastle

Isaac Hayden

!!!

How did that happen?

Let me explain.

Fabian Schar plays the ball through to Isaac Hayden who makes a run into the left side of the area. The midfielder smacks a 'saveable' effort but Rui Patricio can only palm the effort into the net.

Extraordinary, really.'

Decent keeper our Dillon!

I mean in fairness it was hard shot and keeper looked like he expected it across goal.