Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer & Jackson only 4 months left on contracts

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

“I had a text last night that something is going to be put to me next week,” said Bowyer. “I don’t know when next week.

“We’ll see what is offered and go from there.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-set-to-get-contract-offer-next-week/
    No bonus for top 6 finish
    Same wages
    Reduced transfer budget
    Reduced petol money

Say no comment on take over talks.
    Offered % of Sarr or Taylor's transfer.

Must say good luck to the lad when Aribo leaves to go to a Prem club in summer.

Must accept 1st team players will have to bring own Sarnies to training as catering staff being made redundant.

Accept and say great opportunity for our academy players who make up the bulk of the team next season, Morgan, Reeco, Lapslie etc.

Must get blood from a stone.

50/50 on whether he signs or goes back to his fishing.

THIS
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    'universal board approval' meaning Roland agreed with himself
    He vetoed the suggestions from the washboard, ironing board and dashboard 
  • Options
    Roland  probably will not renew Lee Bowyer`s contract , I would guess. I think this, as Lee has been a bit public in his criticism of Roland over the sale of Grant and the refusal of a replacement.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Roland  probably will not renew Lee Bowyer`s contract , I would guess. I think this, as Lee has been a bit public in his criticism of Roland over the sale of Grant and the refusal of a replacement.
    So you're deducing that the "something that will be put to him next week", will be a cheerio GIF ?
  • Options
    Chris Powell will be Charlton head coach in August - FACT.
  • Options
    drewman said:
    What year...??
  • Options
    drewman said:

So we'll have a new owner then? Because he would not work for RD - FACT
  • Options
    Major said:
    drewman said:

Good Morning Nigel, having trouble sleeping.
  • Options

Fingers crossed the crazy owner doesn't mess this up. The only thing that he's done right since taking over is probably the appointment of Bowyer. If he doesn't offer Bowyer a new contract that is acceptable to Bowyer and Bowyer leaves us this May/June then there will be very little I can look forward to next season..... unless we are promoted to the Championship.

By the way SCP will definitely not come back as long as RD is the owner.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    This won't happen because the owner is an idiot, but one thing he could do is to realise he has been very lucky and respond to that. Lucky? Well he is lucky that he has stumbled on a management team which knows what it is doing (a bit of an under statement there). What you do when you see this is back them and let them take you up the leagues.

So Duchatelet ought to realise that he isn't going to get the money he wants, but if, and it is an if, Bowyer gets us promoted, it may be worth investing a bit to try to get us into the premiership. I know it won't happen, but finding a manager like Bowyer out of nothing isn't easy - look at all the managers we have had trying to find the right one!

Of course if he took this risk, and it would be a risk, he could change history and save face. But sadly he came into football to demonstrate that he was a messiah and knew more than everybody else. When it became clear the opposite was the case, he lost interest and it is now about leaving with some pride. In his case getting a ridiculous price which he will never get! But there is an opportunity that a sane person could sniff out. An undeserved one, but these things happen in football. 

If we get promoted, we will most likely end up losing Bowyer and go straight down. That is the reality of this idiot's ownership!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Major said:
    drewman said:

Whooosshh.
  • Options
    How do people think Bowyer’s reputation stands in the game as a whole? If he walked away from Charlton do you think he’d find another job at or above our current level? 
  • Options
    I think he would definitely find a club as long as he wasn't too choosy. people can see he is doing an excellent job with us.
  • Options
    Would hate to see him go but if I was QPR owner I would give him serious consideration.
  • Options
    Would hate to see him go but if I was QPR owner I would give him serious consideration.
    Can't see QPR being a very attractive proposition. They'll be relegation strugglers again next season
  • Options
    Yes but with Roland still in charge and no investment and inevitable sales so may we be.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    How do people think Bowyer’s reputation stands in the game as a whole? If he walked away from Charlton do you think he’d find another job at or above our current level? 
    Bowyer’s Star is at present on the rise. The job he’s doing under what must be a universally held view within the game of being extremely difficult at best, will not have gone unnoticed. Now I’m not suggesting that there are Prem clubs looking but there will be some Championship clubs willing to offer him a job and I doubt that any League One club would not be interested.

I think Lee really does have a great affection for Charlton and it would take something significant for him to walk , but with our owner you can never confidently say that that significant event is not just around the corner.
  • Options
    Yes but with Roland still in charge and no investment and inevitable sales so may we be.
    In which case stay here and wait for something decent to come up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bowyer linked to qpr in the standard
  • Options
    He will continue to be linked as it isn't only us that can see he is doing a great job. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Can't see QPR being a very attractive proposition. They'll be relegation strugglers again next season
    Yet they'll be in the Championship and unless we're really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really lucky, we'll still be in league 1.
  • Options
    He will continue to be linked as it isn't only us that can see he is doing a great job. 
    Kenny Jackett's name has also been mentioned, it's the usual paper talk
  • Options
    Kenny Jackett's name has also been mentioned, it's the usual paper talk
    Portsmouth are a better bet than QPR. Jacket would be mad to leave them.
  • Options
    If Duchatelet doesn’t come up with a new contract in the next week or so, I can see him heading West
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Dont forget that Queens Park Rangers will know Steve Gallen too...

Hopefully this is the same sort of interview that Johnnie Jackson had @ Luton

SHORT... SWEET... AND DONT HAPPEN!!