Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer & Jackson only 4 months left on contracts

Comments

• Options
    Roland OUT!
  • Options
    Don't worry, IF WHEN Roland fucks this one up he can always draft in Daisy Fuck Face!
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84579/admin-moderation-update-please-read#latest

How hard is it to follow some simple rules?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Don't worry, IF WHEN Roland fucks this one up he can always draft in Daisy Fuck Face!
    He said the F word. BAN HIM !!!!!!!

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

PLEASE!!!
  • Options
    Flag him boys.........Oh hang on a minute :blush:
  • Options

Could be wrong someone will correct me if that is the case.

As i understand it Bowyer only had class B licence at the begining of this season and if that was the same case at end of June 2019 he could nolonger stay at Charlton...or go to a championship club.

Bowyer had to obtain class A licence by end of june 2019 to hold the same postion with Charlton.

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I don't think Fosu will be offered a new contract under Bowyer, he doesn't rate him. Bowyer firmly believes he'll get us promoted so he'll have one eye on who would be in his squad in the championship when it comes to new contracts.

If the mad man still owns us next year and we don't get promoted Jacko will be Manager. At best Bowyer will get offered a 12 month contract, but he'll get better offers elsewhere. He's shown his pedigree as a young manager and a championship club will snap him up is my belief.

To be fair any new owner may well have their own ideas on the manager they want anyway.

i think it has more to do with fosu making it quite clear he doesnt want to stay from what i have heard. 
    Where have you heard that?

He's been poor all season so he's not doing a very good job of getting himself in the shop window.
  • Options

Could be wrong someone will correct me if that is the case.

As i understand it Bowyer only had class B licence at the begining of this season and if that was the same case at end of June 2019 he could nolonger stay at Charlton...or go to a championship club.

Bowyer had to obtain class A licence by end of june 2019 to hold the same postion with Charlton.

I’d be surprised if he didn’t already have his Class A license when he was with us as a player....
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:
    Phillips is mad if he signs a new contract 
    Why? He is our number 1 at the moment. Do you think there is a bigger club than us likely to sign him?
    Bigger? Not sure. Better run, yes, absolutely. 

Phillips history at Charlton has been mainly sitting on the bench watching other goalkeepers play, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was his future too (I doubt Preston sent Maxwell here to do nothing). He’s 23 and made about 40 appearances in his five years with us. If I were him I’d see my contract out and move on to a place that didn’t resemble a lunatic asylum. 
    Disagree with you.
    If Phillips is offered a contract of say 18 months to 24 months on decent League 1 wages he would be mad not to accept.

As many as 99% ex academy players at 16 aren't full time professional at 24. Lyle Taylor said he thought the drop out rate was 99.5 from 16 year olds last night( he said half per cent so I did the maths !)
    Unless Dillon got a Championship offer, we're far more attractive than just about all the other L1 options, especially as he's now playing

I think people over estimate the effects the off the field stuff have on the players anyway
    If he went to a Championship side it would definitely be as a back-up, maybe third choice. 

Shown himself to be a decent-to-good League One keeper. Nothing more as of yet. 

Think it's a deal that makes sense for everyone. He stays close to home, gets a bumper deal, and we get some protection in value should we choose to move him on. I'm personally not convinced that he'll be our number 1 come the end of the season. Not even convinced he'll be in goal tomorrow after last Saturday. But if nothing else he's a very good back-up at this level, worst case scenario. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:
    Why? He is our number 1 at the moment. Do you think there is a bigger club than us likely to sign him?

Phillips history at Charlton has been mainly sitting on the bench watching other goalkeepers play, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was his future too (I doubt Preston sent Maxwell here to do nothing). He’s 23 and made about 40 appearances in his five years with us. If I were him I’d see my contract out and move on to a place that didn’t resemble a lunatic asylum. 
    Disagree with you.
    If Phillips is offered a contract of say 18 months to 24 months on decent League 1 wages he would be mad not to accept.

As many as 99% ex academy players at 16 aren't full time professional at 24. Lyle Taylor said he thought the drop out rate was 99.5 from 16 year olds last night( he said half per cent so I did the maths !)
    Unless Dillon got a Championship offer, we're far more attractive than just about all the other L1 options, especially as he's now playing

I think people over estimate the effects the off the field stuff have on the players anyway
    He listened to me  :)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    addick05 said:
    Wish people would stop stirring up trouble and just get behind the team.

Not sure it's fair to say people are "stirring up trouble" they are merely reacting to Bowyer's statements. No-one can be settled in their job while the mad Belgian is in charge. If another club came in for our players - or management team - I wouldn't be surprised if they walked.

I think many Lifers are looking to the near future with deep concern as they have every right to. If we fail to go up we will lose players, and they will be our best players and next season will be one of turmoil and a relegation fight. Douchebag MUST sell at some stage, it's just a matter of when and will it be too late?

By all means enjoy the football we are (mostly) playing but let's not blind ourselves to what may lie ahead.

Fairly sure that was a whoosh by Henry
    [edit: as others have said]
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Flag him boys.........Oh hang on a minute :blush:
    If we can’t flag him, can we flog him?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:

Following my numerous holidays in these establishments I’d agree that they’re fairly similar. If I have to be locked up again I think I’d rather be at Charlton - at least they allow alcohol. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Rob7Lee said:

I don't think Fosu will be offered a new contract under Bowyer, he doesn't rate him. Bowyer firmly believes he'll get us promoted so he'll have one eye on who would be in his squad in the championship when it comes to new contracts.

If the mad man still owns us next year and we don't get promoted Jacko will be Manager. At best Bowyer will get offered a 12 month contract, but he'll get better offers elsewhere. He's shown his pedigree as a young manager and a championship club will snap him up is my belief.

To be fair any new owner may well have their own ideas on the manager they want anyway.

i think it has more to do with fosu making it quite clear he doesnt want to stay from what i have heard. 
    Where have you heard that?

He's been poor all season so he's not doing a very good job of getting himself in the shop window.
    Agreed. Fosu has done little to nothing this season. We moan about a lack of goals from midfield well Fosu is chief culprit for me. It's been nearly a year since he last made a consistently good impact. If we get him on a new contract then good but if not then I won't lose sleep over him. No way will he get himself a Championship team though his best bet at that is with us under a new contract. But he needs to make an impact now if he's even worthy of a new contract IMO. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Redrobo said:
    se9addick said:

Following my numerous holidays in these establishments I’d agree that they’re fairly similar. If I have to be locked up again I think I’d rather be at Charlton - at least they allow alcohol. 
    Have you had a Fosters at the Valley?
  • Options
    Tastes like watered down urine. Marginally better than the John Smiths. 
  • Options
    Why would anyone renew their season ticket all the while Bowyer and Jackson haven't had their future secured for next season? It really is time that the harder season ticket base said enough is enough and withheld their lucre until it's clear we start next season with a chance.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Why would anyone renew their season ticket all the while Bowyer and Jackson haven't had their future secured for next season? It really is time that the harder season ticket base said enough is enough and withheld their lucre until it's clear we start next season with a chance.
    I share your sentiments but can't see it happening, Saturday afternoons at the Valley  with friends and family is a way of life and then you'll get the argument that the budget will be lowered even more and it becomes a never ending downward spiral :disappointed:
  • Options
    Some people will renew regardless.

Some because they refuse to let Duchatelet drive them away.

Others will renew and just say "Bowyer and Jackson weren't that good anyway, it's all CARD's fault, we can find a better manager and players no problem, all the players not renewing are greedy and useless."
  • Options
    For me , I understand Roland not wanting to put any money into the club and wanting to reduce losses but where does that leave me.
    At the moment I watching the management team trying to make do with what scraps Roland gives them.
    Not next season at the valley though  whether championship or a league one team I will only be at more away games than I've done this season.

• Options
    Papers today linking Bielsa of Leeds  with Everton job, just hope Lee Bowyer doesn’t jump ship, 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Papers today linking Bielsa of Leeds  with Everton job, just hope Lee Bowyer doesn’t jump ship, 

Can I be the first to say the Bowyer is disloyal, ungrateful and a rubbish manager if he goes but a great guy and great talent if he stays : - )
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I share your sentiments but can't see it happening, Saturday afternoons at the Valley  with friends and family is a way of life and then you'll get the argument that the budget will be lowered even more and it becomes a never ending downward spiral :disappointed:
    This sounds like Duchatelet's dream where we all treat it like a social club and have little real interest or concerns at results or how the club is being run (down the pan). I just don't get it.
  • Options
    Some people will renew regardless.

Some because they refuse to let Duchatelet drive them away.

Others will renew and just say "Bowyer and Jackson weren't that good anyway, it's all CARD's fault, we can find a better manager and players no problem, all the players not renewing are greedy and useless."
    I get this but why cant they delay their purchase to pressurise a decision or make an important personsl point? The initial token saving or fear of losing your precious seat are wafer-thin excuses.
  • Options

Leeds is a huge job - I really don’t think they’ll be considering Bowyer. 
  • Options

I can't see Bielsa jumping ship at this stage anyway
  • Options

I can't see Bielsa jumping ship at this stage anyway
    I'm sure Bielsa has had his men look closely Everton by now (probably at behind-closed-doors, private training sessions) so he'll know to avoid them at the moment.

He can stay at Elland Road to oversee Leeds' play-off disaster after Sheff Utd pip them to the second automatic promotion spot.
  • Options

“I had a text last night that something is going to be put to me next week,” said Bowyer. “I don’t know when next week.

“We’ll see what is offered and go from there.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-set-to-get-contract-offer-next-week/