Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Southend | Sat 09 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Back at The Valley and I am confident we will get back to winning ways. Always a great to see Chris Powell and will always give him a great applause.

2-0 win with Igor and Reeves on the scoresheet.

Phillips
    Solly, Bielik, Sarr, Purrington
    cullen, Reeves, Lapslie
    Williams
    Igor and RHF.

• Options
    This is no game to be playing Hacket-Fairchild or anybody younger.
    We will need the experience of Igor and Parker up front (albeit I am not convinced that Igor was ever as good as some seem to think he was).
    More importantly we need to give the pair of them some decent service.
    Ever the pessimist I think we are going to flounder in the final third.
    0-0
  • Options
    Without Karlan and Lyle I think we have to play Fosu. Have to hope he can get back to scoring ways. 
  • Options
    I think we will find a way to win.

A rather nervy dull 1-0
  • Options
    1-0 Charlton, not confident but think Igor will get a goal
  • Options
    2-0 loss. The visitors make easy weather of it as our players are trying to work out what a goal is from Jacko's scribbled notes which are still being passed around gone kick-off.
  • Options
    A one goal match.
    Sorry for the repetition but same as last week. Hopefully my heart beats my head this week and we see a tunnel jump at the end by the scorer Naby Sarr.
  • Options
    Charlton 0 Southend 1 seems likely to me. Desperately hoping I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    Strange days indeed,  2-1 Charlton    Williams and Parker.
  • Options
    After beating them 2-1 at Southend I’d be surprised if they could have improved much since then. We had Page playing that day, and also played Taylor, Grant and Ajose, so a reasonably attacking formation. 
    Southend were quite physical and needly that day, resulting in them getting two players sent off.
    No reason why we shouldn’t win this tomorrow. Well no excuse at least. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    After beating them 2-1 at Southend I’d be surprised if they could have improved much since then. We had Page playing that day, and also played Taylor, Grant and Ajose, so a reasonably attacking formation. 
    Southend were quite physical and needly that day, resulting in them getting two players sent off.
    3 possible reasons, Taylor, Grant and Aribo.
    Is that another 34 reasons we may not win ?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Aribo wasn't playing, but Ajose was.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    There was no excuse last week either...
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Aribo wasn't playing, but Ajose was.
    I mean 34 reasons we may not win tomorrow when you lose so many goals from your side. We live in hope that why my Charlton heart still thinks we will win 1-0 but my pragmatist head doesn't agree.
  • Options
    Strange days indeed,  2-1 Charlton    Williams and Parker.
    Like your optimism on Williams.  Has scored 3 club goals since 2011...

• Options
    Fosu got to play. Surely he’ll be fired up after they gave him a kicking at Roots Hall
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    2-0 (How could they possibly score againt that Solly Bielik Sarr Purrington line up?)

Cullen, following up a saved penalty. 
    Purrington, deflecting an off target shot from Sarr after a corner. 

No point doing a matchday thread, as you already know what is going to happen :😊
  • Options
    With a depleted strike force, I wouldn't be surprised with a draw, especially as Southend have had only two this season.

I saw a Pompey supporting mate yesterday. He said that Josh Parker was outstanding against them on Boxing Day, so let's hope he can reproduce that form. 
  • Options
    Think the weather will play a big role tomorrow with extremely high winds which will adversely affect our style of play. Can't see beyond a draw. Think we'll do well to get 4 points out of next two games. Hopefully Taylor will get us over the line Tuesday night.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Think the weather will play a big role tomorrow with extremely high winds which will adversely affect our style of play. Can't see beyond a draw. Think we'll do well to get 4 points out of next two games. Hopefully Taylor will get us over the line Tuesday night.
    What is happening Tuesday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    addick05 said:
    What is happening Tuesday?

My cock up - thinking ahead, got the Burton game mixed up!
  • Options
    No reliable goalscorers in the team this week. If Powell can keep us subdued in mid-field I can see them breaking away and scoring. They only need one goal to win this one before Taylor returns and alters our threat up front.
  • Options
    What’s I++? Some new coding program?
  • Options
    This might be tricky but I think Powell is under huge pressure to get some wins in a season that must be disappointing to those in charge there. Brown was sacked for a similar season and I expect Powell is on borrowed time. Lucky he is up against a toothless Addicks, 0-0 and not one for the purist.