Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Contracts

2»

Comments

• Options
    clive said:
    Lee Bowyer has revealed that Charlton Athletic are set for contract talks this week with Joe Aribo.
    “We are having a meeting with Joe and his agent later on in the week,” said Bowyer. “So we’ll see how that goes.”
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-contract-talks-with-prize-talent-this-week/
    Fingers crossed but I fear the word ‘goes’ is probably the most likely outcome in that quote!
  • Options
    clive said:
    Lee Bowyer has revealed that Charlton Athletic are set for contract talks this week with Joe Aribo.
    “We are having a meeting with Joe and his agent later on in the week,” said Bowyer. “So we’ll see how that goes.”
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-set-for-contract-talks-with-prize-talent-this-week/
    Fingers crossed but I fear the word ‘goes’ is probably the most likely outcome in that quote!
    Yeah Lee has slowly toned down his positivity with regards to Joe and a new Contract

I listened to him on the radio when it was first mentioned that he was almost certain that Joe would be signing a new deal; then it turned into that we were going back with new offers (as per the article on Feb 21st), now its sitting down with everyone and seeing how it goes
  • Options
     Doesn’t sound too hopeful. Mind you with all the stuff in the background, why on earth would a player with options want to hang around with no obvious solution to our ownership issues in sight?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Only advantage we've got as a club at the moment is that players know that if a higher club come in for them;

Roland wont stand in their way
  • Options
    As much as I want him to remain a Charlton player, I would fully understand if he decided his future lay elsewhere. Whatever he decides, I hope it is his decision rather than his agent's.
  • Options
    clive said:
     Not very well I expect. The only players likely to sign are those on the fringes who feel that as so many will be leaving then they will be nailed on at playing next season & those like JFC who feel (partly out of loyalty) that their recent injuries may hamper them getting a gig next season with a new team. 

No way will Aribo sign anything until the end of the season. LB will spin this ther much as he can, but at the end of the day it's pointless even trying.
  • Options
    It probably depends on who does the contract negotiation with Aribo. He's 22 and is probably feeling anxious about his future prospects. He needs persuasion and to be offered a good financial package. How much would it cost to replace this talented player ?
    It should be pointed out to him that this ridiculous ownership situation will  not last forever and that CAFC is a big club with better prospects than many potential suitors for his services. He's of a similar calibre to Cousins (QPR) and Konsa (Brentford), are those clubs bigger with more potential than Charlton ?. 
    The issue of course is the ownership. It must be carefully pointed out to Aribo that Duchatelet is NOT the club. Potentially he has a long and potentially successful career ahead, don't blow it now with a panic, unsuitable move to a lesser club.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic have to win promotion this season to stand any chance of keeping Patrick Bauer.

“If we want to keep Patrick Bauer we have to get promoted,” said Bowyer. “It’s as plain and simple as that. 

“If we don’t get promoted he doesn’t stay. Even if we get promoted he might go somewhere else, but at least it gives us a chance. He’s done exceptionally well for us this season. His attitude and professionalism has been spot on, but obviously I demand that anyway.

“When you go into the last year of your contract then you have to do well or no-one is going to be interested in you. When he said he wasn’t going to sign I told him he still had to do well, because he is playing for his own career. That’s not just Pat – that’s anybody in their last year.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-admits-promotion-is-a-must-to-keep-this-charlton-athletic-star/
  • Options
    I thought Bauer had categorically rules out stating?

As for Aribo, he would be mad to sign anything with us now. With only three months remaining on his deal, supposed interest from Premier League clubs and our squad looking threadbare for next year he holds all the cards.
  • Options
    Aribo has already been tapped up and offered more than we ever can. We know that because we know football. The opportunity to sign him up has been and passed thanks to our idiot owner. The best we can hope for is promotion and the glimmer of a chance that we can loan him back from Arsenal or whoever gets him. He does need to play at a higher level next season, and staying here would be good for his development.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if Aribo was under a longer contract, he still might leave in the summer anyway, it's not as if the fee would be unaffordable even to mid table Championship clubs
  • Options
    se9addick said:

As for Aribo, he would be mad to sign anything with us now. With only three months remaining on his deal, supposed interest from Premier League clubs and our squad looking threadbare for next year he holds all the cards.
    Ruled out signing a new contract because he wants to play in The Championship.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ruled out signing the contract he was offered, not any contract.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ruled out signing the contract he was offered, not any contract.
    Well obviously if we'd offered him £1M a year he may well have reconsidered.
  • Options
    Can someone update us on which players are out of contract next month, especially as Bowyer says he is going to talk to all of the players tomorrow. Thank you
  • Options
    So purrington, Cullen and Bielik go back. 

Bauer and Aribo have presumably sigbed pre-contracts elsewhere. 

Parker, Williams, Pratley our of contract? 

Plus our management. But surely we are in a stronger position to re-sign some of these now on new contracts?
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Plus our management. But surely we are in a stronger position to re-sign some of these now on new contracts?
    That's depressing. And no money coming in for any of em. Just have to build all over. Well, if anyone can do it, it is Lee. Signing him is half the battle, right there. And now that he will have other clubs after him, if he does re-sign, I expect it is with at least some minimal amount of money to spend.
  • Options
    So purrington, Cullen and Bielik go back. (1)

Bauer and Aribo have presumably signed pre-contracts elsewhere. 

Parker, Williams, Pratley out of contract? (2)

(1) And Maxwell

(2) I thought Dijksteel was out of contract as well as JF-C, Reeves, Marshall and Fosu
  • Options

I said all this last week; at least we are facing this in the championship and not league 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Question.... Bauer is not likely going to the PL. So why leave Charlton now? Just swapping one Championship club for another, don't see the logic in it. What gives?
  • Options
    https://www.football.london/charlton-athletic-fc/arsenal-loanee-bielik-hint-charlton-16334945

Not exactly clear cut that he'd stay but an interesting quote from him in here
  • Options
    Question.... Bauer is not likely going to the PL. So why leave Charlton now? Just swapping one Championship club for another, don't see the logic in it. What gives?
    New baby. 
    Germany
    Parents/Grandparents. 
  • Options
    New baby. 
    Germany
    Parents/Grandparents. 
    Can't criticize that choice, then. He goes out on a high! :'(:smile:
  • Options
    New baby. 
    Germany
    Parents/Grandparents. 
    Yeah I agree, I'd figure he'd want to go back to Germany
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Okay, so that is a done deal.
    Same question Aribo.... he is not likely going to the PL, is he, so why leave? Losing both of them is a pretty hard blow. If Celtic really want him though, that is a step up in a big way.
  • Options
    No chance of getting Cullen back as he will be starting for West Ham next season

Bielik wont be playing 1st team for Arsenal yet, so will be great to get him back for another season and more chance of Arsenal allowing that now we are in The Championship(OMG that still feels so weird to write, we are back in The Championship)
  • Options
    Williams celebrating afterwards like a man who wants to stay

Keep Bowyer and co and I imagine a lot of players will want to stay now we're in the Championship
  • Options
    Williams celebrating afterwards like a man who wants to stay
    I thought that, loved JJ going mad as well 
  • Options
    No chance of getting Cullen back as he will be starting for West Ham next season

Bielik wont be playing 1st team for Arsenal yet, so will be great to get him back for another season and more chance of Arsenal allowing that now we are in The Championship(OMG that still feels so weird to write, we are back in The Championship)
    Cullen isn’t a premier league player.  I can see him starting pre season with them but not getting a look in and possibly coming back