Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garry Nelson Pre-Match Q&A Saturday 9th Feb ***CAST at the Swan***

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Was there a CAST survey on Q&A sessions that I missed?

Think it's a good idea, though I'd now vote 'No' in solidarity with the Cardigan King.
  • Options

Can someone arks GN why he still ain't accepted my friend request please

I'll look into it.
    Cheers mate
    Anything for a fellow mod.
    I think I'm a mod as all my flags have been removed.
  • Options
    I have to say I don't recall the conversation Ben, but for me the Trust remains committed to complimenting existing fan groups rather than detrimenting them, and that was the spirit of comments I made in the early days.

I can also assure anyone interested that the TB discussed this in the context suggested.

I think a fans bar is a great positive in the current climate of pub closures and the clubs predicament, and that is the context of these events. It maybe presents a chance to show how prematch at the Valley could be improved.

If anyone does have a concern please do inbox me or any other member of the TB.
  • Options
    Genuine question - what were the circumstances around the original commitment? Was it something that was specifically requested, or merely a statement made by CAST at the time?
  • Options
    Are CAST going to arrange a Q&A with Steve Jones - he can bring some memorabilia along to be signed and sold etc
  • Options

Are CAST going to arrange a Q&A with Steve Jones - he can bring some memorabilia along to be signed and sold etc

Like a guitar, or the knotted hankie he wore on his head in the Anatchy in the U.K. video? Never knew he was a Charlton fan!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Like a guitar, or the knotted hankie he wore on his head in the Anatchy in the U.K. video? Never knew he was a Charlton fan!
    In fairness, I didn't realise he played guitar or appeared in that video - clearly a multi talented chap

Next I'm going to be told he got a first class degree at Oxford ;-)
  • Options

Are CAST going to arrange a Q&A with Steve Jones - he can bring some memorabilia along to be signed and sold etc for the museum

• Options
    Phew!
  • Options
    Can someone publish the CAST Articles of Association?
  • Options
    razil said:

I have to say I don't recall the conversation Ben, but for me the Trust remains committed to complimenting existing fan groups rather than detrimenting them, and that was the spirit of comments I made in the early days.

I can also assure anyone interested that the TB discussed this in the context suggested.

I think a fans bar is a great positive in the current climate of pub closures and the clubs predicament, and that is the context of these events. It maybe presents a chance to show how prematch at the Valley could be improved.

If anyone does have a concern please do inbox me or any other member of the TB.

Does that include Brexit related concerns?

• Options

You'll find a link here: https://castrust.org/about/constitution/
  • Options

You'll find a link here: https://castrust.org/about/constitution/
    Of course there are no AoA. Retorical question I'm afraid. Nowhere in the aims is a commitment not to overlap other supporters groups. Not sure the original AB are even involved.

• Options
    Why don't CAST have Henners as the guest at their B & Q?

Just asking
  • Options
    I bet his presentations are riveting.

He taught KM all she learned on Powerpoint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019

Hope Garry is on top form on Saturday as it may be a challenge to make the event as entertaining as this thread at the current rate 😉

Just for the record re an earlier passing comment, Trust members aren't dwindling.

To set the record straight, I am a trust member, and I am definitely dwindling.

I love a good dwindle.
  • Options
    I would like to attend this event very much, Garry was the first footballer I wrote to (about his book) and he replied to me! so would be nice to thank him personally after all these years. Surgery has left me unable to get down the stairs as there's no rail, and none of my group will be going, so is there any kind lifer willing to help a poor old soul with the stairs? I also have my subscription due in Feb, so can pay that too.
  • Options

Will DM you shortly @HantsAddick as I'm sure Trust colleagues will be able to help.

• Options

It's all a bit people's front of Judea this, next they'll be arguing about the Romans and what ever did they do for us?

Nelse is an excellent guest, I'm sure all who attend will enjoy.

• Options
    BDL said:

It's all a bit people's front of Judea this, next they'll be arguing about the Romanians and what ever did they do for us?

Nelse is an excellent guest, I'm sure all who attend will enjoy.

An audience with George Tucudean.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

There’s the rub, razil. You’ve not spent enough time complimenting Henry and the others.

”My, what a big audience you have,” would have cut it.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Mens fashion six years ago.

*checking wardrobe*
  • Options
    For info.... The swan is opening at 11 on Saturday... How do I know, i asked them could they on match days and they said... Yes ok.
  • Options

In other news, Garry Nelson's daughter taught me Spanish at school.

I hated her. Although, in fairness, that feeling was reciprocated...

Does your whole life revolve around daughters of former Charlton players? : - )
    When the lights go down on a glittering media career, one has to do something to try and stay in the spotlight. ;)
  • Options

There’s the rub, razil. You’ve not spent enough time complimenting Henry and the others.

”My, what a big audience you have,” would have cut it.

This thread has truly reached parts others could not reach, i.e. @Airman Brown 's sense of humour zone ;)