Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garry Nelson Pre-Match Q&A Saturday 9th Feb ***CAST at the Swan***

Comments

• I dont see why you felt the need to air it on here tho @Henry Irving if you dont like their approach why not speak to them directly rather than try to dig them out on here

Surely it is my choice, not yours, where I air it. The meeting is in the public realm.

Also I did not "dig" them out, I said it was a shame that they had not stuck to a commitment they made.
    But now you have turned a thread on something good into the Henry show, you have contact details for the trust why not keep it private.

You keep saying commitment they made it wad 6 years ago, my fiancee made a commitment to me and cheated on me, things happen commitments change of the course of years, instead of going on just move on and let it go.
    With Garry Nelson?
    at a CAST meeting
  • I dont see why you felt the need to air it on here tho @Henry Irving if you dont like their approach why not speak to them directly rather than try to dig them out on here

Surely it is my choice, not yours, where I air it. The meeting is in the public realm.

Also I did not "dig" them out, I said it was a shame that they had not stuck to a commitment they made.
    But now you have turned a thread on something good into the Henry show, you have contact details for the trust why not keep it private.

You keep saying commitment they made it wad 6 years ago, my fiancee made a commitment to me and cheated on me, things happen commitments change of the course of years, instead of going on just move on and let it go.
    With Garry Nelson?
    at a CAST meeting
    That was an open Q+A?
  • Hope Garry is on top form on Saturday as it may be a challenge to make the event as entertaining as this thread at the current rate 😉

Just for the record re an earlier passing comment, Trust members aren't dwindling.
  • LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

For what it's worth I agree with @Henry Irving but for slightly diffrent reasons. I put it in the trust survey as well. The perception I have of what the trust does, is diffrent to what it says it does on the Web site.

Now that maybe unfair, but as I said it's my perception. The truth may differ but I can't be the only one with that view.

One thing we can all agree on is that we have an owner presently and for the foreseeable, despite all the cries of 'wolf,' who leaves a lot to be desired and who the majority would like replaced.

The Trust invited the Accrington Stanley Chairman, an owner perceived to be 'good' and he apparently (I wasn't there myself) enlightened the audience as to the difficulties of financing lower league football.

Garry Nelson's record of playing a double nelson of matches for us and always giving 100% needs no further elaboration from me. However that was just one part of his career. He played for a lot of different clubs and regimes, he was a coach / assistant manager liaising closely with the Chairman and he worked for the PFA to name just some of what he has done.

In my opinion, as a Supporters' Trust member, the Trust is actually doing a better job of representing me by inviting such people and taking the opportunity to canvas their experience and learn of some of the practical problems encountered in the game and how to attempt to mitigate them even if I am unable to attend these meetings in person myself.

I've been very critical of the trust over other issues but these meetings seem a great idea to me, easy to attend for many people and a great way to bring together a fractured fanbase.
    I agree, nothing against the idea in itself.
  • I think Henry's got this one wrong - I can't see the issue. That said, I'd hardly say he was digging the trust out - he called it "a shame"... hardly all guns blazing. Pico was having an adult chat about it and then it all got a bit silly.

Anyway, personally think it's a great idea pre-match.

Can't attend this one but hope it's a regular thing. Well done CASTrust.
  • edited February 2019

LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

For what it's worth I agree with @Henry Irving but for slightly diffrent reasons. I put it in the trust survey as well. The perception I have of what the trust does, is diffrent to what it says it does on the Web site.

Now that maybe unfair, but as I said it's my perception. The truth may differ but I can't be the only one with that view.

One thing we can all agree on is that we have an owner presently and for the foreseeable, despite all the cries of 'wolf,' who leaves a lot to be desired and who the majority would like replaced.

The Trust invited the Accrington Stanley Chairman, an owner perceived to be 'good' and he apparently (I wasn't there myself) enlightened the audience as to the difficulties of financing lower league football.

Garry Nelson's record of playing a double nelson of matches for us and always giving 100% needs no further elaboration from me. However that was just one part of his career. He played for a lot of different clubs and regimes, he was a coach / assistant manager liaising closely with the Chairman and he worked for the PFA to name just some of what he has done.

In my opinion, as a Supporters' Trust member, the Trust is actually doing a better job of representing me by inviting such people and taking the opportunity to canvas their experience and learn of some of the practical problems encountered in the game and how to attempt to mitigate them even if I am unable to attend these meetings in person myself.

I've been very critical of the trust over other issues but these meetings seem a great idea to me, easy to attend for many people and a great way to bring together a fractured fanbase.
    And it's an easy way for you to be the centre of attention. Again.
  • iainment said:

LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Amd it's an easy way for you to be the centre of attention. Again.
    More personal attacks from you but no sensible contribution to the debate.
  • Can someone arks GN why he still ain't accepted my friend request please

I'll look into it.
    Cheers mate
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Henry's got this one wrong - I can't see the issue. That said, I'd hardly say he was digging the trust out - he called it "a shame"... hardly all guns blazing. Pico was having an adult chat about it and then it all got a bit silly.

I don't have an issue with Q & As as such. Having run literally 100s of them down the years how could I.

As you say, it was mainly an adult debate until Iainment and others waded in, which is also a shame.
  • I don't have a problem with the q and a, not that anyone would loose any sleep if I did. I feel that Andy Holt had relevance to the current situation.

However, as good a guest as Nels is, I don't understand the relevance. If the trust want to replace the old main branch of the supporters club thats fine. But be honest about it.
  • As I was saying, his books are a great read. Particularly the first, Left Foot Forward.
  • Here for the Henry show.

There will certainly be repeats.
    On Dave?
  • Hope everyone enjoys the event. Suggest early arrival.

Addicted2TheReds - Your subs are overdue!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pico said:

Hope everyone enjoys the event. Suggest early arrival.

Addicted2TheReds - Your subs are overdue!

Burnt his bridges now that he's upset his mentor :wink: .
  • LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

I think Henry's got this one wrong - I can't see the issue. That said, I'd hardly say he was digging the trust out - he called it "a shame"... hardly all guns blazing. Pico was having an adult chat about it and then it all got a bit silly.

I don't have an issue with Q & As as such. Having run literally 100s of them down the years how could I.

As you say, it was mainly an adult debate until Iainment and others waded in, which is also a shame.
    Waded in?

You make some arcane point about a 6 year old statement to belittle other's efforts.
    You passive aggressively concede it's a good idea though, although you've been doing this for a long time and imply CAST shouldn't.
    And then when a mild observation is made by me you accuse me, and unnamed others, of 'wading in'.
    Your petulance reminded me of a primary school students behaviour.
    It still does. Your me, me, me attitude doesn't do you any favours.
    This is my 3rd and last post in this thread. I suspect you'll keep it going though.
    I hope those who go have an enjoyable time listening to Garry's talk.
  • iainment said:

LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

I think Henry's got this one wrong - I can't see the issue. That said, I'd hardly say he was digging the trust out - he called it "a shame"... hardly all guns blazing. Pico was having an adult chat about it and then it all got a bit silly.

Waded in?

You make some arcane point about a 6 year old statement to belittle other's efforts.
    You passive aggressively concede it's a good idea though, although you've been doing this for a long time and imply CAST shouldn't.
    And then when a mild observation is made by me you accuse me, and unnamed others, of 'wading in'.
    This is my 3rd and last post in this thread. I suspect you'll keep it going though.
    Usual insults and snide remarks with no substance from you that aren't needed but if you feel better for getting it off your chest, go for it. You were looking for an opportunity to make yet another personal attack on me and you found one, well done, you must feel so much happier now : - )

• edited February 2019
    @Addickted2TheReds If you are now going withhold your subs as a matter of principle you can attend as my proxy :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

@Addickted2TheReds If you are now going withhold your subs as a matter of principal you can attend as my proxy :wink: .

As long as he asks his question in Spanish?
  • What's Q & A? A dyslexic's hardware store
  • iainment said:

LenGlover said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Waded in?

Usual insults and snide remarks with no substance from you that aren't needed but if you feel better for getting it off your chest, go for it. You were looking for an opportunity to make yet another personal attack on me and you found one, well done, you must feel so much happier now : - )

Oh, dear, Henry...

Paranoia doesn't suit you, sir.

:smile: