Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garry Nelson Pre-Match Q&A Saturday 9th Feb ***CAST at the Swan***

Comments

• Leuth said:

So about that rival museum I was thinking of starting

Did you make a commitment not to start a museum and then go back on that commitment? If not then it's a moot point.
    Is this event going to affect your BA numbers if not then yours is a moot point and I would say it wont affect your numbers
    he hasn't claimed it has so YOURS is a moot point!

sorry, just felt left out
  • Leuth said:

Did you make a commitment not to start a museum and then go back on that commitment? If not then it's a moot point.
    Is this event going to affect your BA numbers if not then yours is a moot point and I would say it wont affect your numbers
    But I never claimed it would affect our numbers, please don't words in my mouth.

I will say again, CAST made a commitment and it is a shame that they have gone back on it.
    As has already been pointed out it was 6 years ago, unless you got something in writting it doesnt matter, companies policies change over time, you cant expect them to stand still, if numbers are dwindling then they need something to bump them up, or of other people are having success with Q&As then they will want it to.

I think to expect them to not change policies over 6 years ia very narrow minded of yourself, they wont want to stay still they will want to move forward
  • Leuth said:

But I never claimed it would affect our numbers, please don't words in my mouth.

I will say again, CAST made a commitment and it is a shame that they have gone back on it.
    As has already been pointed out it was 6 years ago, unless you got something in writting it doesnt matter, companies policies change over time, you cant expect them to stand still, if numbers are dwindling then they need something to bump them up, or of other people are having success with Q&As then they will want it to.

I think to expect them to not change policies over 6 years ia very narrow minded of yourself, they wont want to stay still they will want to move forward
    I don't know if their numbers are dwindling, I haven't commented on their numbers dwindling, It's not relevant to the point I was making which was solely about going back on a commitment.

I have said I can see the benefits in CAST holding Q & As and that Garry Nelson is a good guest.

I'm not sure why six years or whether it was written down or not makes to going back on a commitment that has been made. No one is claoming they have broken a legal contract nor that they can not change, least of all me. But I do think it is a shame that they have gone back on a commitment they have made.

I don't think it was necessary to call me "narrow minded". I haven't indulged in personal insults but this is third such insult aimed at me.
  • Was it a CAST commitment, or one person, who happened to be on the board?
  • All. I'd like to announce I'm setting up a new museum based on Charlton's history.

Leuth is gonna be PISSED.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was it a CAST commitment, or one person, who happened to be on the board?

It is, as Pico has said, a democratic and elected organisation. People don't "happen" to be on the CAST board.

It was made by the chair and another board member on behalf of the entire board
  • edited February 2019

Was it a CAST commitment, or one person, who happened to be on the board?

It is, as Pico has said, a democratic and elected organisation. People don't "happen" to be on the CAST board.

It was made by the chair and another board member on behalf of the entire board
    I meant more was it personal opinon, or an official position that had been discussed at board level, but I guess from your comment it was the 2nd.
  • Apropos of nothing isn't the Statute of Limitations 6 years in English law for most things?
  • I dont see why you felt the need to air it on here tho @Henry Irving if you dont like their approach why not speak to them directly rather than try to dig them out on here

Surely it is my choice, not yours, where I air it. The meeting is in the public realm.

Also I did not "dig" them out, I said it was a shame that they had not stuck to a commitment they made.
  • In other news, Garry Nelson's daughter taught me Spanish at school.

I hated her. Although, in fairness, that feeling was reciprocated...

Does your whole life revolve around daughters of former Charlton players? : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• I dont see why you felt the need to air it on here tho @Henry Irving if you dont like their approach why not speak to them directly rather than try to dig them out on here

Surely it is my choice, not yours, where I air it. The meeting is in the public realm.

Also I did not "dig" them out, I said it was a shame that they had not stuck to a commitment they made.
    But now you have turned a thread on something good into the Henry show, you have contact details for the trust why not keep it private.

You keep saying commitment they made it wad 6 years ago, my fiancee made a commitment to me and cheated on me, things happen commitments change of the course of years, instead of going on just move on and let it go.
    I'm sorry to hear about your fiancee but that rather proves my point, not keeping commitments isn't very nice.

I haven't turned this thread into the Henry show. Since my first post I have only responded to comments directed to me, including yours.

I made a comment and you and others have made personal insults, you have said that I shouldn't have made them at all in public and others have tried to argue that I'm wrong or excuse CAST's action. That is, other than the insults, your right, but please don't try and shift the blame here.

I could also turn this around and say "why didn't you inbox me with your views?"

But now you have turned a thread on something good into the Henry show, you have contact details for the trust why not keep it private.

You keep saying commitment they made it wad 6 years ago, my fiancee made a commitment to me and cheated on me, things happen commitments change of the course of years, instead of going on just move on and let it go.
    Come on Neil, don't go on about it, I said I was sorry!
  • Here for the Henry show.
  • For what it's worth I agree with @Henry Irving but for slightly diffrent reasons. I put it in the trust survey as well. The perception I have of what the trust does, is diffrent to what it says it does on the Web site.

Now that maybe unfair, but as I said it's my perception. The truth may differ but I can't be the only one with that view.
  • iainment said:

Does this remind anyone of a primary school argument?

Other than your needless comment and some of the insults thrown around, no.

I think @Cafc43v3r post above is a good example of an adult debate (not argument).

An interesting escalation.