Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham Festival 2019

Comments

• tickets just turned up for Tuesday, Club enclosure and Champions Walk restaurant.....nice, can't wait !
  • betfair preview was a bit crap, nice setting as in the executive bit at emirates so a decent cash bar - although steep punk ipa £6.20!! guinness out of a can £4.80. 

could not hear much, was sitting in front of the owners of paisley park who were v keen on his chances. 

couple of decent price boosts 

delta work 3/1 max bet £50
    paisley park 5/2 max bet £50
    bvd 11/4 max bet £50
    sir erec max bet £50

there offer this year is back a horse at sp of 3/1 + and get a free bet of same value max bet £50.00

issue was it was a panel consisting of paul nicholls, gordon elliot, joeseph o brien, olly murphy - who are all trainers so only really tipped there own horses, and most are faves anyway, paul nicholls did not say much and just looked like he did not want to be there. 

couple of freebies the racing post guide which is 14.99 usually for free and a few pens. 

only ones i could get were the naps of the festival for each panelist.

paul keally - glen forsa arkle 
    paul nicholls - magic saint 
    joeseph o brien - delta work 
    olly murphy - dallas des pictons
    gordon elliot - sir erec or tiger roll when asked for one of his own
    gary o brien - defi du seuil - jlt 
    barry orb betfair - lakeview lad - ultima 

off to the ganleys pub in morden one tonight where the panel consists of

mick fitzgerald
    dicky johnson
    noel fehily 
    luke harvey 
    paul keally

so be interesting to see there views, will stick them up here tomorrow. 

• betfair preview was a bit crap, nice setting as in the executive bit at emirates so a decent cash bar - although steep punk ipa £6.20!! guinness out of a can £4.80. 

could not hear much, was sitting in front of the owners of paisley park who were v keen on his chances. 

couple of decent price boosts 

delta work 3/1 max bet £50
    paisley park 5/2 max bet £50
    bvd 11/4 max bet £50
    sir erec max bet £50

there offer this year is back a horse at sp of 3/1 + and get a free bet of same value max bet £50.00

issue was it was a panel consisting of paul nicholls, gordon elliot, joeseph o brien, olly murphy - who are all trainers so only really tipped there own horses, and most are faves anyway, paul nicholls did not say much and just looked like he did not want to be there. 

couple of freebies the racing post guide which is 14.99 usually for free and a few pens. 

only ones i could get were the naps of the festival for each panelist.

paul keally - glen forsa arkle 
    paul nicholls - magic saint 
    joeseph o brien - delta work 
    olly murphy - dallas des pictons
    gordon elliot - sir erec or tiger roll when asked for one of his own
    gary o brien - defi du seuil - jlt 
    barry orb betfair - lakeview lad - ultima 

off to the ganleys pub in morden one tonight where the panel consists of

mick fitzgerald
    dicky johnson
    noel fehily 
    luke harvey 
    paul keally

so be interesting to see there views, will stick them up here tomorrow. 

Thanks for this @palarsehater.

I use to work with Barry Orr. That's all I'm prepared to say about him. Would like to have heard what Gary O'Brien has to say as he is excellent but the likes of Nicholls, Elliot and O'Brien have their own interests to protect so are never likely to give too much away - owners such as JP McManus and O'Leary would have them castrated if they gave away any of their handicap sleepers.

Paul Kealy will probably be OK tonight but I'd like to be there to listen to Fitzgerald (to count up the number of cliches he comes out with) and Harvey simply because he is such a self proclaimed buffoon - and lives up to it too!
  • only horse that was slated by anyone was ok corrall who kealy said has no chance, should not be a favourite and wont last the trip
  • Great stuff @palarsehater - cheers.
  • More confused as they all seem to go for different horse in every race, like its teed up for people to bet on as many as possible. Just my interpretation of the minutes/ write up. 
  • @johnnybev1987 have done a preview for the last 4 years, attended betbright last few years but company no longer exists and last year was a joke rich ricci didnt turn up let it be a free bar and of course everyone was hammered and just being dickheads. 

i prefer a panel with jockeys as opposed to trainers as they do have different opinions. 

• Sounds like a decent eve still , although hard to read who is reliable and not. Ill stick to you guys for tips :) 
  • @johnnybev1987 have done a preview for the last 4 years, attended betbright last few years but company no longer exists and last year was a joke rich ricci didnt turn up let it be a free bar and of course everyone was hammered and just being dickheads. 

i prefer a panel with jockeys as opposed to trainers as they do have different opinions. 

Sam Turner and Andy Holding are both worth listening too (unless Sam is droning on and on and on about his beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers!!).
  • Sponsored links:

• sir erec apparently now has gravel foot, im on quel destin anyway as sir erec far too short
  • Panel;

Luke Harvey

Paul keally

Noel fehily

Mick fitzgerland

Tuesday

Supreme

Pk – al dancer

Mf – fakir doudaries may be rerouted – mister fisher ew

Arkle

Pk – glen forsa

Mf – lalor

Champ hurdle

Lh – bvd

Pk – bvd

Mf – apples jade

Other notes from Tuesday

Lh – ok corral NAP, pk lay it as should be 25/1 and wont last trip

Pk – now mcginty great ew bet in nh chase

Weds

Ballymore

Lh – champ

Pk – champ

Mf – battleoverdoyn

Nf – allaho ew

Rsa

Pk – delta work NAP

Mf – topofthegame

Lh – topofthegame

Qm

Altior min forecast – whole panel

Thursday

Jlt

Mf – defi de suil NAP

Pk – kildisart

Ryanair

Pk – frodon

Mf – monalee

Nf- monalee but think connections will go for gold cup which it has 0 chance of winning. Trainer wants to run in this

Stayers

Pk – faugheen, pp lay

Mf – kilbreckan storm

Nf – black op

Kim muir

Pk – de rasher counter

Friday didn’t say much as crowd were too noisy and was 10.30 so a lot were lashed up.

Triumph

Pk – quel destin

Mf – sir erec wins by half the track providing fit

Other notes

Back sam waley cohen in the amateur events

• Hope Fehily doesn't know something I don't re Allaho - I got the nod from Ruby* that he's riding him for the Albert Bartlett, and apparently has a phenomenal chance in that race. Took 20s at the time and he's now half that.

*obviously not directly. But it got to me from a guy I really respect involved with Ruby. Hopefully not a red herring.
  • Nobody let a certain Robert M. see this, but Discorama is currently 12/1 win any race with a certain online company who have nothing to do with this message board, and is 7/1 max elsewhere... Definite mistake. Get on.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Nobody let a certain Robert M. see this, but Discorama is currently 12/1 win any race with a certain online company who have nothing to do with this message board, and is 7/1 max elsewhere... Definite mistake. Get on.

Too late, I've seen it!

Yes, all the others are making a definite mistake!

Cracking value as always from the top boys!

• Skybet offer seems crazily good. Basically a free £20 bet each day on the first race?
  • That’s been their standard Cheltenham offer for the last few years I think. One of the few bookies to still be giving their punters anything worthwhile.

I’m looking at you Ladbrokes with your £1 per day free bet.
  • I’ve used the SkyBet offer the last couple of years, pretty sure it used to be money back as a free bet though and this year it’s cash so even better.
  • Sky bet restricted my bets after a week and within 5 weeks was pointless trying to place a bet with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Weather looks shite for Tuesday 
  • happy cheltenham eve folks, with the weather the river could flow in the gc, expect a few faves to get turned over, Irish festival i'm expecting
  • Riviera said:
    Weather looks shite for Tuesday 

tell me about it!
  • I'm probably being blind but i cannot see any of Wednesday races on SkyBet
  • I'm probably being blind but i cannot see any of Wednesday races on SkyBet
    Probably removed while they re-price the races following the 48 hour Decs. 
  • Day 1

Mr Fisher/Al Dancer
    Glen Forsa (NAP)
    Up For Review
    Laurina/Apples Jade ... Will back 1, undecided as yet... If there's more rain overnight will be Laurina
    Benie Des Deux
  • edited March 2019
    Full list of tips, if you don't have Twitter:

1.30 - Brandon Castle @ 40/1 - 0.5pts each way with William Hill (1/5, SEVEN places)

1.30 - Elixir De Nutz @ 9/1 - 1pt win

2.10 - Us and Them @ 16/1 - 0.5pts each way (1/5, 1-3)

2.10 - Hardline @ 6/1 - 1pt win

2.50 - Coo Star Sivola @ 11/1 - 0.75pts e/w (1/5, 1-5 with Hills)

3.30 - Brain Power @ 20/1 - 0.25pts e/w (what a race to watch though!)

4.10 - Jester Jet @ 28/1 - 0.5pts e/w (1/4, 1-3 with Bet365)

5.30 - Discorama @ 7/1 - 1pt win (price with BetVictor, Coral and others)

• my runners for tomorrow.

1.30 fakir doudaries & elixir de nutz both on at larger prices on antepost
    2.10 duc des geniviers ew
    2.50 singlefarmpayment ew
            lake view lad ew
    3.30 bvd
    4.10 benie des deux
    4.50 cubomania ew
            good man pat ew
    5.30 ballyward ew got on at 14/1!!!
            le brueil ew 

• Fancy Angels Breath 1.30. Track will suit better than Kempton did.