Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 2019

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Will go with that, her enthusiasm is infectious, brilliant on The Opening Show - "celebrated with burger chips and a Coca-Cola at Gloucester services." Has genuinely been a Festival that has shown what nice people are involved in racing. 
    How can she be a nice person? She forced that poor horse to keep jumping those nasty fences. Could you not tell that he was hating every minute.
    It would be far better if he was never bred in the first place. 
  • Options
    Be grateful for no more animal cruelty related posts on these threads please (both in raising the topic AND responding). We are getting caught up in a repeated circle every major race meet that means that no one is getting enjoyment from it nor an educated worthwhile debate. 

@Anna_Kissed we’ll talk privately next week please after a bit of reflection time. Thanks. 
    Would be absolutely lovely not to have anything to which to respond. 
  • Options
    Well said mate. 
  • Options
    I'd welcome a separate thread that focuses on horse racing safety. Please let's not have it sunk this time. It'll be for the long term benefit of everyone.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    In other news, I ended the festival +24pts after a +31pt upswing on the final day.

Largely thanks to Minella Indo going in at 65s to win and 12s to place. Had a half point on each market on Betfair and so pulled in +37pts all on it's own. Without it I would have finished -13pts over the four days.
  • Options
    Have another thread and people that disagree just have to learn to ignore it 
  • Options
    That was a well said for AFKA BTW!
  • Options
    That was a well said for AFKA BTW!
    I was wondering! 
  • Options
    Have another thread and people that disagree just have to learn to ignore it 
    I've said it repeatedly, but people always sink it. 

We all know I bloody love my horse racing, but in the interests of fairness, AK being consistently sunk is rubbish. Leave the thread up and if you're an advocate, ignore it.

There are many legitimate questions about the welfare of racing's stars, and there should be a place to discuss this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a cracking Cheltenham festival that was. Some great stories along the way. It truly is the sport of kings
  • Options
    Agreed Bertie, decided that Bryony and Andy Gemmell are stuff that dreams are made of.
  • Options
    a*hole is not a word I'd use.
    There are some most unpleasant people about. And some of them are on here. 

Bore off, you have brought all the antagonism upon yourself, stop acting the poor down trodden victim.
    I have little or no interest in horse racing by the way.
  • Options
    a*hole is not a word I'd use.
    There are some most unpleasant people about. And some of them are on here. 

You’ve been told to shut up and the mods will speak to you next week. 
  • Options
    Cheltenham is like life:
    Highs and lows,
    Tears of joy and sadness,
    Winners and losers,
    Life and death,
    Sweet Dreams and Nightmares, 
    Triumph and disaster.
  • Options
    Topofthegame my highlight of week Nicholls came out with “ he has shades of denman about him”
  • Options
    presenting percy out for rest of season, did not look fit going into race, a bad week for gordon elliot so many of his big hopes just did not fire, surely in danger of mullins being handed back some of the high profile gigginstown horses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    presenting percy out for rest of season, did not look fit going into race, a bad week for gordon elliot so many of his big hopes just did not fire, surely in danger of mullins being handed back some of the high profile gigginstown horses
    let's hope the failures of O'Leary's horses isn't transferred across to his aircraft ! .. Rich Richie also had a bad Cheltenham .. perhaps both have run out of very ready spending cash and luck .. or perhaps like most things, prolonged success is very hard to sustain
  • Options
    Oxford Blu certainly won’t going back to Cheltenham this year len as he has completely lost the plot........works well at home,shows nothing on the racecourse 
    After Sandown Friday not sure where Duhallow Gesture goes now 

I noticed he was a N/R today.

Any update on how he's been getting on?
  • Options
    This one is a long story!!! After its last race in March at Market Rasen it was decided that Oxford would go to the sales ring even though Richard Johnson said it would win again but syndicate still voted for the sales ring. Because of Covid the sales didn't happen then Olly said he would buy him but again because of situation getting worse with Covid Olly decided against buying. Then via Olly Lady Brooke offered to take the horse as she wanted a lead/work horse at home. The syndicate voted for this as he had seemed to fall out of love with the game and was going to a nice home. And I thought that was that but then shocked to see it get an entry for today. Have been trying to contact Lady Brooke myself since but no luck! Personally I'd say keep an eye out for future entries because he is absolutely thrown in on old form by some 30lbs especially if the change of scenary and summer routine has sparked him back to life