Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Centre Back for Saturday...

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

Leuth said:

Reeves behind two actual strikers could be good for a home game I think - he tends to perform much better at home for some reason

Was thinking the same, Reeves is definitely a home player
    Whereas Pratley seems a better bet away from home (I think?).
    I mean, he's pretty shit regardless of the setting. And I say that with increased affection for him. But he is prettttty bad at football at times.

Re: Reeves being better at home, definitely agree. I think a lot of that is down to our pattern of play at home--on a better pitch we're able to control the game more while the opposition sit back and try to soak up pressure. It allows Reeves to get on the ball, give it and get it back. He's very clever in possession and in his ability to find little pockets of space, and when you're trying to break a team down, that's very useful. Away from home, we at times play like that, but there are other times when we're pegged back more, or the pitch is shit (as it was on Saturday), or the game is just more stretched. Pratley's athleticism tends to come in handy more in those situations.

But I am kind of growing to love Pratley. I remember thinking when we first signed him, covering loads of ground is great and all but it doesn't matter if you can't keep possession. But now I'm admirant of his almost defiant footballing career despite at times looking like he's never seen a football.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Most of our away defeats are up North.
    I think we still have a touch of the southern softies about us & Reeves and many of our team don't enjoy playing in the frozen north.
    Defeats at Sunderland, Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Rochdale, Blackpool & Fleetwood. (Plus Coventry, admittedly Sunderland was in August, but we did perform well).
  • Options
    Bowry might be a surprise inclusion, at least in the squad.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Scoham said:

Fosu behind tront two hasn't worked all Season. I'd go Reeves as Gobbo bought him to play there, Fosu up top and Igor to come on and run at tired legs. Perhaps Wassam on bench to come on if we're ahead.

The same Gobbo who thought Grant was a winger 🤔 we need goal scorers in the team and Reeves isn’t one. That’s why Fosu needs to play for me, with either Lapslie or Reeves alongside Williams as the two middle CMs.
    Fosu is no goal scorer, not on current form.
    Agree, but he's more likely to get into the positions and take decent shots than most of our other midfielders.
  • Options

Most of our away defeats are up North.
    I think we still have a touch of the southern softies about us & Reeves and many of our team don't enjoy playing in the frozen north.
    Defeats at Sunderland, Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Rochdale, Fleetwood

Yes it was really freezing when we played Sunderland in August.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

thenewbie said:

Scoham said:

Fosu behind tront two hasn't worked all Season. I'd go Reeves as Gobbo bought him to play there, Fosu up top and Igor to come on and run at tired legs. Perhaps Wassam on bench to come on if we're ahead.

The same Gobbo who thought Grant was a winger 🤔 we need goal scorers in the team and Reeves isn’t one. That’s why Fosu needs to play for me, with either Lapslie or Reeves alongside Williams as the two middle CMs.
    Fosu is no goal scorer, not on current form.
    Agree, but he's more likely to get into the positions and take decent shots than most of our other midfielders.
    Fosu is the one player we have who can produce a goal out of nothing. It's all very well having a team of passers like Cullen, Reeves and Williams, but sometimes you need that individual who may frustrate, but produce a bit of individual brilliance.

Both Holmes and Lookman were able to do that for us.