Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Krzysztof Piatek - the next world class striker?

edited February 2019 in General Charlton
Almost come out of nowhere this season.

Scored 21 in 38 in Poland last season.

Signed for Genoa for €4m in the summer and scored 19 in 21 there before signing in the January window with AC Milan for a reported €35m fee.

He’s halfway through his second start (against Napoli in midweek and Roma tonight) and he already has 3 goals in 150 minutes of play.

Comments

• Surprised this isnt a thread created by Tommy Driesen to point out another player we pulled the plug on because we didnt trust him!!

Maybe it is

@Callumcafc are you Tommy on disguise are you Tommy in disguise
  • I can't pretend like I've watched Piatek much, but from what I have seen he looks amazing.
    Seems to be a mix between Kane and Aguero which is scary.
  • The whole “I told you so” brigade are proper wankers imo, can’t stand those know it all types.....but with that being said I’ve never been early with anything before, lol

Watch the language or you will have @AFKABartram after you.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84579/admin-moderation-update-please-read#latest
  • Was quite surprised that Milan managed to get him so cheaply. I don't think he'll be there much longer than 18 months if he continues the way he's going. Premier league clubs will be queuing up.
  • edited February 2019

Was quite surprised that Milan managed to get him so cheaply. I don't think he'll be there much longer than 18 months if he continues the way he's going. Premier league clubs will be queuing up.

I'm surprised that Chelsea went for Higuain rather than Piatek in a way

Doesnt seem as though AC Milan are too bothered about the swap
  • Sponsored links:

• Was quite surprised that Milan managed to get him so cheaply. I don't think he'll be there much longer than 18 months if he continues the way he's going. Premier league clubs will be queuing up.

Higuain had his best ever season with Sarri at Napoli so it's not that much of a surprise.

Higgy was probably a relatively 'cheap' option .. I suspect that Chelsea now have to watch the pennies/millions now that Abramovich is persona non grata/that is an undesirable alien/pal of Putin
  • Another two goals for him today away at Atalanta.
  • Another two goals for him today away at Atalanta.
    Some technique for the first too.
    special talent
  • He reminds me, if you will, of a young Kim Grant.  
  • The whole “I told you so” brigade are proper wankers imo, can’t stand those know it all types.....but with that being said I’ve never been early with anything before, lol image
    Watch the language or you will have @AFKABartram after you. http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84579/admin-moderation-update-please-read#latest
    But is "wankers" a swear word or just crude?  A bit like "bollocks" which the High Court ruled wasn't offensive.
  • edited February 2019
    Scored his seventh goal tonight against Empoli (his sixth match for AC Milan).

Puts him at 25 goals from 26 matches so far this season.
  • edited February 2019

Piatek the first AC Milan player to score in his first four Serie A games since Bierhoff.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Stig said:
    The whole “I told you so” brigade are proper wankers imo, can’t stand those know it all types.....but with that being said I’ve never been early with anything before, lol
    Watch the language or you will have @AFKABartram after you. http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84579/admin-moderation-update-please-read#latest
    But is "wankers" a swear word or just crude?  A bit like "bollocks" which the High Court ruled wasn't offensive.
    If I remember rightly, the logic behind the 'Bollocks' case was that the word had an old (and mainly forgotten) meaning perhaps pre-dating its sugar lumps meaning. The fact that this earlier meaning existed meant that no-one could be sure exactly what was being referred to, therefore any offence arising was in the mind of the offendee rather than in the nature of the word itself.

I'm not sure that there's anything similar with the word 'wankers'. If there is, then we'll have to take matters in hand. 
    The right or the left hand for preference?
  • He's now reached double figures across all competitions for two different clubs this season:

Genoa: 19 goals in 21 games
    AC Milan: 10 goals in 13 games

• Damned impressive year from him

Gonna be a great Striker if he's not a one season wonder