Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

12345679»

Comments

• Options

Doesnt surprise me in a way as I looked into Bristol City's news to see if they had missed out on a Striker (i.e. they were heavily linked with Assombalonga) but there was nothing about them being unhappy in that regard so guess they just didnt want to part with Eisa

Probably a good thing in the end as dont think Oztumer would have made any improvement to Saturday

Maybe Oztumer wouldn't have made an improvement, but Evans definitely wouldn't have scored against us :wink:
  • Options
    Toothless Saturday. No cutting edge without Grant and Taylor.
    Blindingly obvious to most of us that were there that we were severely lacking up front (feel for RH-F, the situation reminds me slightly of when Grant was chucked in 2-3 years ago, out of his depth)
    Midfield has too many like-minded players (Cullen; Bielik; Pratley/Lapslie) then we have Reeves and Williams for width who also want to play centrally creates congestion.

Need Taylor back ASAP
  • Options
    I was cut off, appropriately enough, on a gross
  • Options

This is going to divide so many people but we have always put ourselves up as different fans and a different club. Well fuck me let’s drive this team on for promotion, if it doesn’t happen then we as fans go again and see what we can do, but Bowyer and the team deserves us to suppport them at least until the season finishes

I can't think of a better plan !
  • Options
    Note the demanding of the second yellow for Bauer from the Fleetwood players, and their reaction to him leaving the field.
    Charming f*~€<r5 ! [I think I got away with it ;-)]
  • Options
    Think lee is doing a grand job but please don't take us for fools
    Or do you need a bit of help
    Er u have just had kag sold from under ur nose on deadline and Taylor is on a red card
    Maybee that puts a finger on it for you
  • Options
    A second consecutive nil nil would probably have been a fair result, but we certainly didn't deserve to win
  • Options
    i think we deserved the defeat just about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Real sickener, it had to be the ''not guilty'' rapist scoring
    the winning goal! Without Taylor we seem toothless in front of goal!

I take it you know all about the case and all the background to make that sarcastic comment. If you do fair play please let us all know ur information if u dont i sudgest you be carefull with your judgments and comments
  • Options
    clive said:

Kevin Nolan's match report

On a chilly Fylde Coast, Bowyer’s problems proved at last to be insoluble.

Expressed bluntly, Charlton kicked off without a forward line.

The absence of Lyle Taylor was, of course, unavoidable, following a harsh three-game suspension for allowing his head to be recently savaged by Accrington Stanley’s loveable underdogs. Taylor will be back after this weekend’s visit of Southend United to galvanise the side. He will have to go it alone, unfortunately, because strike partner Karlan Grant has moved up north, where he’s been invited to witness hopeless Huddersfield Town’s relegation party from the bench.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-pay-the-price-for-the-lack-of-a-forward-line-at-fleetwood-town/

Thanks Clive. Nolan’s priceless.
  • Options
    clive said:

Kevin Nolan's match report

On a chilly Fylde Coast, Bowyer’s problems proved at last to be insoluble.

Expressed bluntly, Charlton kicked off without a forward line.

The absence of Lyle Taylor was, of course, unavoidable, following a harsh three-game suspension for allowing his head to be recently savaged by Accrington Stanley’s loveable underdogs. Taylor will be back after this weekend’s visit of Southend United to galvanise the side. He will have to go it alone, unfortunately, because strike partner Karlan Grant has moved up north, where he’s been invited to witness hopeless Huddersfield Town’s relegation party from the bench.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-pay-the-price-for-the-lack-of-a-forward-line-at-fleetwood-town/

Very succinct and to the point...
  • Options
    Watching the highlights again and it's clear their goal was a catalogue of errors by us.
    Sarr's sloppy pass wasn't great, but at least the interception was in the Fleetwood half. Once they got the ball thy weren't put under any pressure at all, with everyone backing off (passing the buck), allowing the long ball to Madden. Purrington seemed to leave Madden for Sarr to deal with, but he was leaving him to Purrington who was closest. But the real problem was that Bauer didn't track Evans at all, leaving him unmarked and with a simple task to score. It all looked rather lethargic under the circumstance.
  • Options

I take it you know all about the case and all the background to make that sarcastic comment. If you do fair play please let us all know ur information if u dont i sudgest you be carefull with your judgments and comments

Obviously only my opinion, you are allowed yours (which I strongly disagree with.
    Yes I read a lot about the case from all sides. I have the opinion a wealthy (possible father in law)
    got him off. Sorry if this upsets you1